Best handwraps?

Joestar

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I have le Roy wraps but I don't like using them because I have to re roll up 4 of them. Plus I think they are worn out since they look nothing like when I first got them. What do you guys use? I was thinking of just using some handwraps you guys suggest with duct tape.
I've been using war tape and gauze daily, my wallet hurts.

I've heard great things about Cleto Reyes compression wraps.

If you like more compression, the Hayabusa Perfect Stretch are quite nice and can usually be had on sale for no more than other brands.

Most brands make pretty good stretch handwraps. I like Ringside, RingToCage (very similar to Ringside's), and even Everlast makes pretty good mexican hand wraps (that's the best thing they make, mostly)

Mexican style handwraps = Stretchy handwraps (the kind I was talking about)

Top King.

Of the dozen or so brands I've used, I prefer the Thai companies. Their wraps tend to be softer, thinner, and hold their shape better after washing than all the others I've used. Just avoid twins, because their wraps are non-elastic.

i've not tried an exhaustive list, but the everlast 180" are great for the price and wrap really well.

how do these wash? do you just throw them into washer/dryer? how do they come out of the dryer?

I put them in a mesh bag, fold the Velcro back and then wash. I do not put them in the dryer. I hang them. They wrinkle like crazy and frankly are annoying in every sense except for performance. They are just so comfortable, and wrap really nicely. I'm able to do certain patterns that I can't get away with because the material sticks to itself better. It's a trade off, like most Winning gear.

Are you guys talking about Winning VL B handwraps?

RevGear is another very good and reliable brand for stretchy handwraps. Nearly identical to RingToCage. If you took the brand labels off, it'd be difficult to tell which was which

I have quite slender wrists and the problem I'm having with my wraps are that once I get to the end and go to attach the velcro I basically get 1/2 or a little less of the velcro actually engaging and it leads to issues with it staying on and tight. I will try a few of these over brands and see if there is any difference. I do prefer mexican style though, I like a long wrap to get a lot of coverage and the stretch certainly gives a better fit.

Top King.

Of the dozen or so brands I've used, I prefer the Thai companies. Their wraps tend to be softer, thinner, and hold their shape better after washing than all the others I've used. Just avoid twins, because their wraps are non-elastic.

Thank's for the tip! ran into all of these problems and now I know why!

Agree with Top King

Fairtex - The Thai flag design and red/white stripe are my favorite. Both seem to be longer, thicker than the plain colored ones.

Action Zone wraps are cheap and also very nice to use except the fabric seems to run when it sticks to the velcro.

Stay away from non stretch Twins. I believe they make stretchy wraps now but I have not tried it.

Back