Best gym in Thailand for the money for 2016

gator1873

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information regarding the best gym in Thailand taking into consideration cost, gym quality etc.

Tiger Muay Thai's prices have gone through the roof.... And it seems most gyms are a bit over priced, looking for a hidden gem ...

Any input would be great.

It looks like tiger may thai has the nicest gym in Thailand ( building, equipment , size etc ) is there a better well equipped gym?

I look forward to your input

Does anyone have any information regarding the best gym in Thailand taking into consideration cost, gym quality etc.

Tiger Muay Thai's prices have gone through the roof.... And it seems most gyms are a bit over priced, looking for a hidden gem ...

Any input would be great.

It looks like tiger may thai has the nicest gym in Thailand ( building, equipment , size etc ) is there a better well equipped gym?

I look forward to your input

If you're going to check out a place like Tiger, you may as well look at PTT also...just don't get a gun pulled on you by a woman lol.

Last edited:
Looks like PTT is within walking distance from Tiger, and a bit cheaper. Its interesting that PTT has a white belt to blue belt program, I wonder if that Blue belt will transfer well back to the states? From the best I can tell from websites and pics PTT and Tiger have the best equipped gyms and most modern, would you guys agree?

How welcoming are these places to overweight(100lbs over), newbies?

I would imagine there are a lot of pro's at these camps? From UFC etc.

Also does anyone know of any cheap apartments in Phuket close to Tiger, TTP, and Dragon Gym?

Thanks!

Also does anyone know of any cheap apartments in Phuket close to Tiger, TTP, and Dragon Gym?

Thanks!

Every tourist place like Tiger will have a bunch of short term hotel/apartments close by. For Western countries they will be pretty cheap, much more expensive than what most locals are used to but you don't have to live in a shit hole. I've found outside of Bangkok most prices are around 500-1k per month for a nice studio hotel apartment with good bed/flatscreen etc. But I've seen places renting for 50-100 as well, look like dorms with bathroom tiles on the ground.

13 coins looks like a dump? From what I am reading, they don't care for outsiders to much either.. Or Newbis. I am 100lbs over weight, new to may thai, need somewhere where I can train , loose weight and feel welcomed, at an affordable price.

13 coins looks like a dump? From what I am reading, they don't care for outsiders to much either.. Or Newbis. I am 100lbs over weight, new to may thai, need somewhere where I can train , loose weight and feel welcomed, at an affordable price.

I think a gym in a tourist place would be the best option for you mate! They're way more begginer friendly than Bangkok gyms and there's a lot of things to do outside of training.
You could check Sinbi or Sumalee at Phuket or other gyms at the islands!

Im sure you will feel welcomed at Sitmonchai.

I think a gym in a tourist place would be the best option for you mate! They're way more begginer friendly than Bangkok gyms and there's a lot of things to do outside of training.
You could check Sinbi or Sumalee at Phuket or other gyms at the islands!

I agree. I've traveled to Thailand to train over 20 times. Have trained at every type of gym. Tourist gyms in Phuket, hardcore Thai gyms in Khlong Toei, grassroots gyms in Isaan. I'm actually traveling to Laos Monday to train at the gym there, just for the experience.

A tourist gym like Sinbi would be best for you. The owner is a honest man and will not rip you off. The area is very nice and many of the other students will have the same goals as you. You will have a very good experience.

Santai in Chiang Mai seems to be a bit cheaper than the gyms in Phuket, does anyone have any experience with this gym or the area of Chiang Mai? Also does anyone have the low down on the cheapest place to stay in Phuket (close to tiger, TTP or Sinbi) or Chiang Mai (close to Santai)

Thanks!

Santai in Chiang Mai seems to be a bit cheaper than the gyms in Phuket, does anyone have any experience with this gym or the area of Chiang Mai? Also does anyone have the low down on the cheapest place to stay in Phuket (close to tiger, TTP or Sinbi) or Chiang Mai (close to Santai)

Thanks!

From what I've heard is that Santai is very technique oriented, which would be great for you case. Chiang Mai is cheap compared to Phuket so that would be great too. I think Santai have some apartments near the camp that they offer to the students, you could send an email to them or check on the website.

I'm going to be in Thailand looking to do the tourist thing,at the same would like to do some muay thai. I have no experience with muay thai so a high pro fast paced gym would be a little much because i feel id get in the way. With that said i don't want a gym that won't even attempt to correct what i do wrong. I'm going to be in the Pattaya area any help would be great thanks

How cheap are you looking? Phuket is quickly becoming pricey.

The food around Sinbi is about 60-120 baht (2-4 USD) for basic dishes like Pad Thai. A few years ago, it was 20 baht (60 cents) for a good meal. The apartments around Sinbi is also quite expensive since they're all "villas."

Transportation here is also quite expensive if you don't know how to ride a motor bike, which would go for maybe 200-300 baht (6-9 USD) a day for the motorbike. Taxis would cost probably around 300 baht for 10 kilometers. There are also no streets in Thailand, and it's quite dangerous to learn how to ride a motorbike here.

Unless I am getting the farang (foreigner) menus, I don't see how this place could be considered cheap. Try Bangkok and Chiangmai, where the prices are more than halved. Food and transport are around 20-30 baht (>1 USD) and the hostels are around 400 baht (12 USD) a day.

ChiangMai Seems to be the best bet for the money. I just can't believe there are no non stop flights to thailand from the states anymore... Crazy.

Thanks!

Haven't been to Santai but I have been to Chiang Mai a few times. Love it there! I have trained at Lanna, HongThong and Sit Thanareck (spelling?). My favourite was HT because the training was great and the twins that run it are very cool, funny guys. Gen fights regularly and has been ranked pretty high (#1 at Rajadamnern). Joe doesn't fight that much anymore but he has pretty good English which is obviously very helpful (it's probably even better now that he's spent some time in the states teaching).
Lanna was meh, but others I know love it.
Sit Thanareck was awesome for technique, not too tough for conditioning (you might like that but it was indoors and super hot! I'd much rather train outside.

Back