Best gloves for wrist and knuckle protection?

They're on custom Beaulieus at the moment but I've had them on other gloves before. The Title converter I have is just a step up from having the laces done loose and then pulling them on yourself basically. I tried to combine it with elastic laces but I found them kind of fiddly for the level of improvement they gave and ditched them. It doesn't provide great support (better than if without though) and you couldn't use it in sparring because of the annoying sharp plastic tag on it.

No idea how rskbreaker's hook&loop converters are, they definitely look better quality than my Title one and don't have that sharp plastic label. They're also convering the whole cuff where my Title one is a lot thinner so maybe his offer better wrist support too.

Where did you get the gold hook & loop converter? I would like to buy one. Thanks

I made the converters myself. If you're interested in a pair, you can shoot me a PM.

I'll upload some pics in a few so you can get a better idea of how they work.

A25C71A0-C424-48D7-B0C5-6389B3F5DDF3-491-00000026E7168852.jpg

A282338A-B759-4C58-94C2-5D2480729DB1-491-0000002729276C8C.jpg

E91072F9-C05C-4DE1-95A8-0886C510A2B2-491-00000027644C3751-1.jpg

Last edited:
pretty! ^.^

uhh I mean

do those provide good wrist support rsk?

pretty! ^.^

uhh I mean

do those provide good wrist support rsk?

Yes, they are pretty.

All my cuffs tend to start above my wrist, so I get no additional wrist support. I guess it would depend on the type of glove you have and where the cuff lays.

Thank you for your response Mino.
erm do you like the H&L converters? Do they work well? What gloves are you using the converter for? I would like to buy one for my reyes lace up gloves. I just wonder if they work well enough for the gloves. Please share your personal experience. Thanks. (or PM me :))

I have a Title converter on my Reyes and they work great. I replaced the long laces with 54'' and made sure to put the converter as close as possible to the front of the glove. Now I agree that the label can be a problem for sparring.

Another great option is to combine the converters with hickies instead of elastic laces. My wrists are too wide so I decide to go with the laces, but the hickies will work great if you have thinner wrists and it looks very clean.

You can buy them at

http://shop.hickies.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back