Best gloves for wrist and knuckle protection?

Cr3do

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im looking for a 16oz pair of gloves for sparring and using on the heavy bag.

I would like good wrist support and knuckle protection, ideally in velcro, not lace.

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks!

Rival wrist support.
I hate their glove, don't feel comfortable in the compared to my old Boon but their wrist support alone is what made their brand a leading glove brand.

I actually think their wrist support is gimmicky and doesn't work in the gloves of theirs I've seen. Or at least it isn't an improvement on just a long thick regular velcro strap. You can get it tight around your wrist but there's too much flexibility there with Rival's. I've heard similar complaints from other reviewers.

Hey guys,

I would like good wrist support and knuckle protection, ideally in velcro, not lace.

Thanks!

Generally not recommended to use the same gloves sparring and on the bag. Using sparring gloves on the bag will wear out the padding too quickly (making it uncomfortable to spar with), and bag glove padding is too dense to spar with.

Hey guys,

Thanks!

Winning MS-600 in lace, then ask Dan to make you a hook loop converter-works great :)

Winning MS-600 in lace, then ask Dan to make you a hook loop converter-works great :)

How's the fit on the converters? When I made them I was a little worried they might not be long enough.

How's the fit on the converters? When I made them I was a little worried they might not be long enough.

Perfect! Dimensions are spot on. The velcro attaches right as it reaches that snug goodness. I just wish my laces had a studier point so it'd be easier to thread. I didn't think about it, but the 3 holes makes it a bit uneven for threading asthetics but it tightens very well.

Pics later

Perfect! Dimensions are spot on. The velcro attaches right as it reaches that snug goodness. I just wish my laces had a studier point so it'd be easier to thread. I didn't think about it, but the 3 holes makes it a bit uneven for threading asthetics but it tightens very well.

Pics later

Im going to go with the Winning MS-600, but I will be ordering from Rakuten.

But I still want the hook loop converter, how do I get one?

Cheers!

Cheers!

That's the BEST choice :)
Enjoy

Pics later

Pics would be great.

Cheers!

Mark was referring to the gold/white hook and loop converters I made for his Winning gloves.

1db711e786d776ef71b82c7b7e80445b.jpg

Wow they look good man!

How much do you charge for these? Cheers!

erm.. a bit off-topic. But can anyone answer my questions?
1. Does the H&L converter last long enough?
2.How do you attach the H&L converter to the glove? Do you have to sew them onto your gloves by sewing machine? If so, won't it damage your glove?
Sounds like silly but i have no experience with H&L converters at all. Thanks.

They have holes in them, and you position the strap over the holes for your glove's laces and then put the laces through both holes, basically. It's really simple and easy to do. They don't get damaged and will last forever and ever

Thank you for your response Mino.
erm do you like the H&L converters? Do they work well? What gloves are you using the converter for? I would like to buy one for my reyes lace up gloves. I just wonder if they work well enough for the gloves. Please share your personal experience. Thanks. (or PM me :))

Back