Best ginger fighter in MMA history?

anthony_johnson_tommy_speer.gif

'Memba this guy? Tommy Speer. Fun fighter, fun came to a screeching halt when he fought Humble tho.

I'm a "ginger" btw. Not sure Conor McGregor really counts... his hair isn't as red as, Ed Herman for example. There's definitely red there though. I can tell.

The best red haired fighter I could think of off the top of my dome is Canelo Alvarez (he's a boxer though).

Edit: An honorable boxing mention: "Irish" Micky Ward. Great bodypuncher.

Last edited:
Oh I know, Mark Bocek. 8-5 in the ufc losing to RDA, Bendo, Frankie, Jim Miller and 2008-Mac Danzig.

Not the best but a solid ginger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gingers normally make good fighters. Who is the best ginger fighter of MMA including pride etc

"Ginger fighter"...you've got to be kidding me with this thread????

Mayhem was a ginger when he almost sub'd Shake. a few other fights too I believe.
miller shields.jpg

We've got

Gray Maynard
Ed Herman
Sam Alvey
Conor McGregor
Paul Felder
Chris Leben? What color is his hair, anyway?
McGregors not a ginger, where did you get that from, is that supposed to some kind of "because hes Irish" nonsense which I find hilarious because gingers are pretty rare in Ireland, Id love to know where that myth came from and just for the record Leprecauns and Lucky Charms dont exist over here either.

Josh Barnett has a ginger beard. Does that count? You might even say he's a....ginger beard man.

barnett_crop_exact.jpg

Apparently Sherdog has a very loose definition of ginger. In that case I voten Todd Duffee..That guys clearly a ginger in disguise

Nate the great is the only proper answer to this stupid question.

9rWmUuwkNQvra.gif

"normally"... they "normally" make good fighters? Based on what? Like two gingers that have ever broken the top 5 out of hundreds of historical top 5 fighters?

Why is everyone always looking to justify their race, nationality, culture, or... hair color, by concocting some imagined success in MMA? Gingers are not special, son.
I think what he really meant was gingers tend to fight a lot because they seem to be hot headed. Doesn't mean they're any good at it.

Jason MacDonald used to be pretty good especially on the ground.

McGregors not a ginger, where did you get that from, is that supposed to some kind of "because hes Irish" nonsense which I find hilarious because gingers are pretty rare in Ireland, Id love to know where that myth came from and just for the record Leprecauns and Lucky Charms dont exist over here either.

You sound like a bitter ginger.

Back