Best Gift u Ever Got....

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by genecop, Sep 1, 2015.

1. genecop

genecop Silver Belt

Title says it, could be large or small! What was , and who gave it?

2. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre Titanium Belt

Life. Thanks Mom!

3. ProBoxingInsidr

ProBoxingInsidr Banned Banned

a buddy of mine just got it for me. he is letting me use his flight miles to go back to michigan and catch a game at the big house. michigan vs. byu. been a bucket list thing since i was a kid to go to a u of m game

4. Jacob14

Jacob14 Blue Belt

My girlfriend has given me some badass gifts. She got me a PS4 for my last birthday, and a Gibson Les Paul Studio a couple Christmases ago.

5. $uicideboy$

$uicideboy$ ROPE GANG Banned

my grandma gave me 5 bucks when i turned 10

6. Rhett Henley MD

Rhett Henley MD Orange Belt

Hopefully you bought this:

[​IMG]

7. jmac98

jmac98 * Platinum Member

I was really into wrestling as a kid, and in the 80's they had the best wrestling toy/figures. They were made of hard rubber and stood about 8" high or something. Most of all, they looked exactly like the wrestlers they were modeled after, including their physique. No exaggerated muscles or needing to read the box to figure out who the character was supposed to be.

So anyway, these were my favourite toys growing up and I played with them constantly. One Christmas, my mom tracked down some fellow and got him to make me a wrestling ring. It was ridiculously well made. The corner ring posts were wooden dowling, the ropes were bungee chords, the mat was padded and covered in a pleather tarp, and the entire thing was raised so I could sit on my bed and pull it up with my legs under, and just play for hours.

It was really an awesome gift.

8. Kardashians

Kardashians ☆ sitting on the moon ☽

My grandmother gave me her grandmother's doll ^_____^

9. Steve-French

Steve-French What A Rush!!!

That's awesome. I used to have a bunch of those wrestlers too. I still have most of them in a box somewhere. My Grandpa also made me a ring for my guys. It was a little disproportionate, but I still thought it was great and played with it a lot.

10. Dizzy

Dizzy \[T]/ Platinum Member

My grandparents bought me a brand new car in high school. Kind of hard to top that one, I guess.

11. melvinj0

melvinj0 Gold Belt

Last year my Dad got me a year of fight pass and tickets to UFC 171 out of nowhere just because, spent a whole week after that pretty convinced that he had cancer (he didn't have cancer).

12. jmac98

jmac98 * Platinum Member

They came out with an official ring for them at some point, but it looked very cheap.

Thanks for sharing, I appreciate the reply.

13. Cajun

Cajun A Cajun Traveler: Something of a Novelty... Platinum Member

I got a carton of cigarettes. ... the old man grabbed me and said "Hey. Smoke up Johnny!"

14. Brampton_Boy

Brampton_Boy Douchey Mc Douche

-A pendant and necklace my mom gave me when I turned 16. I don't wear it, but it is a talisman of sorts and I carry it with me whenever I have a big meeting, interview etc.

-The first gift I ever remember receiving was a small stuffed toy my parents bought for me when I went to the CNE (I was maybe 3 or 4 at the time).

I carried that thing with me everywhere, and he still currently resides in a shoe box condo in my closet. That stuff dog has been on some interesting adventures - he went to university with my older sister, survived being buried by my first dog, and traveled across 5 continents.

15. Steve-French

Steve-French What A Rush!!!

I think when I got my NES for Christmas in 1988. I was 8 years old. I really wanted one, but I thought it was to much to ask for and I was fine playing my Atari and riding my bike down to the arcade.

I was super surprised when I opened it. It came with Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt and I also got Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!! and Rambo with it.

16. ThinkGreen

ThinkGreen Der Übermensch

Hard to say but probably my first complete skateboard. Maple deck, independent trucks, spitfire wheels, lucky bearings and black magic grip tape. Awesome shit. Getting a sega genesis as a young kid was a close second.

17. genecop

genecop Silver Belt

I hope it didn't make you bring a gun to school and hide it in your locker....

18. DaleBoca

DaleBoca Gold Belt

In June of 05 I went with my parents to look at some cars. I saw a 2006 brand new BMW 330I(Sports package, the whole 9). The car was barely out with the E90 model. I really liked it, my folks said lets go look around a bit more for other cars. By the end of the night they said we will come back in a few months and see what we can get. The following day(it was a Sunday), I thought my parents went grocery shopping, they came back with the BMW we had seen the following night. They gave it to me as a gift. Became my car until 2 years ago, sold it got myself a car. It was hard letting go of that car. It was my first real car, had some great memories in it in college and going out. Good ol days.

19. Joe Wong

Joe Wong Gold Belt Banned

N64 as a kid. Best gift I've ever received in terms of surprise and excite

20. TankAbbott4Eva

TankAbbott4Eva Silver Belt

Jesus christ a Les Paul, that's a keeper!

I got the below guitar from my wife for my 30th, it's amazing, made by a great local manufacturer, this is one of their cheaper ones at $1200.

[​IMG]