Best game you've got for free/cheap.

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
In visiting the other thread, I thought of a question.

When you play full price for a game, you're invested that it's going to be a fulfilling experience. Some would say that it may be a suggestion that it's a better game than it actually is. So I wanted to ask make another 'Best Game' thread without that psychology in it.

Without the suggestion of the investment in purchase of a game, which one would you say is your most rewarding experience?

In other words, which is the best game you've borrowed, picked up for free, or very cheaply?

My Pick -

counter-strike-go-1.jpg

I've never cared for online games, with the exception of Starcraft2 which I never was very good at playing online, until I picked up CS GO on the winter Steam sale last December. I picked it up for only $5, I believe.

Since then, everything else on my computer has been gathering dust. I freaking love to play this game. The graphics on max settings are great. The gameplay is deep, high paced, and very fun. The community is of the largest online for as long as the game has been around since it was a mod for Half-Life. The maps are the best I've encountered on any FPS, ever, and they don't become outdated as new maps are released. The servers are great and I'm always hooked into a casual game within a few seconds, or a competetive game within a minute or a few, based on the map I want to play on.

So far, this year alone I've played CS:GO for 250 hours.

For the money I've paid, as to how much I've played a game, this is unquestionably the biggest ratio in all of my two and a half decades of gaming.

So what's yours?

Oh hell yeah. Bioshock easily. I didn't get a 360 until 2009 and it was a bargain bin game by then. Played it sooooo much. So good. Honorable mention to Operation Darkness as well.

Portal I and II for sure. Got the first one in the orange box compilation I bought solely for Half-Life 2 and the episodes, and got the second one for free. One of my favorite series and I haven't spent a dime on it. I feel kind of bad actually. I would've bought the second one but I had a huge backlog of games to play and then I got it free.

I got Morrowind on the cheap. It is one of my favorite games ever.

Oh hell yeah. Bioshock easily. I didn't get a 360 until 2009 and it was a bargain bin game by then. Played it sooooo much. So good. Honorable mention to Operation Darkness as well.
Same here, I got the PC version of Bioshock for $5 at Best Buy in 09.

Brawlhalla, Tomb Raider-the newest one..got it for like 4 bucks..great experience... Bioshock 3.. got it for 7... amazing..

this could be a long list..I get most of my games cheap..I just wait for sales.. even the new ones pre-release go on huge discount at http://www.cdkeys.com/pc all the time... I pride myself on being a cheap bastid

A bunch of games through Playstation +. Dragons Dogma, Metro: Last Light, NFS Most Wanted to mention a few.

Not counting pirating: rocket league

Clash of Clans

Fallout 3. Didn't get it until 2010 and it was only $20.

Kotorbox.jpg

Steam is going to destroy this thread lol.

P.T. is one of the best horror titles I've ever played.

Half Life with the CS and TF mods back in 2000.

I said this in the other thread, but definitely Mount & Blade Warband. I got it on steam sale for like $10 and am still playing it 1300 hours later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back