Dead Rising 2
Naughty Bear
LA Noire
Mafia II

Just IMHO.

Grand Theft Auto V
Call of Duty Modern Warfare II

Seven years old....SEVEN years old.

If you think GTA is totally fine for a fucking seven year-old, you either have no kids, or you're raising a bunch of losers. There is no middle ground.

Well said

Play Witcher 3 and fuck every chick in the game

Wrong time to play that card. Recommending GTA to a 7-year-old is trailer trash bullshit.

Like I said, it is scary and dark, and certainly macabre, but I think nightmares are the only caveat. The deaths are cartoonish. I know my friend's son who is that age played the game and thought it was frightening, but he enjoyed it. You aren't assassinating anyone or murdering prostitutes. When I was that age I watched The Neverending Story. The wolf does nothing but tries to kill the kids. Kids can handle it.

In any case, the OP can review any game by just typing its title and the word "gameplay" as keyword in YouTube. Thank you technology.

I played it just today. I've been drowned, been grinding up w/ a saw, impaled, exploded, electrocuted. there's people hanging from nooses. rotting corpses. c'mon son. Let's not make out like this is The Nightmare Before Christmas. That said, you're right, he can review all of this on youtube and make the decision for himself.

Man when I was a kid I just played Mario, Donkey Kong, Banjo Kazooie, etc. Bit more tame than what kids play nowadays...

I know you said for 360 but you should really look into getting the kid a Wii U (can play all old Wii games and download other classics on the virtual console).

For 360 you should be able to download Banjo Kazooie/Banjo Tooie which are great games and very kid friendly. I still enjoy them to this day...

Sometimes those kinds of games are what you need to refresh yourself after being submerged in a sea of FPS and hack n' slash games. PLaying Wind Waker HD now and it makes me feel like a kid again!

I played it just today. I've been drowned, been grinding up w/ a saw, impaled, exploded, electrocuted. there's people hanging from nooses. rotting corpses. c'mon son. Let's not make out like this is The Nightmare Before Christmas. That said, you're right, he can review all of this on youtube and make the decision for himself.
I don't know. The kids liked this stuff when I watched them play. They laughed when they saw a new death. It is sort of like the slapstick comedy from Home Alone, although darker, but simultaneously even more cartoonish. The people hanging from nooses is the most problematic imagery I can recall.

But yeah, if we're going to be having conversations about what is appropriate, then definitely we should be talking about games like LIMBO. Games like GTA are so outrageously inappropriate that it's absurd they're even being discussed.

I don't know. The kids liked this stuff when I watched them play. They laughed when they saw a new death. It is sort of like the slapstick comedy from Home Alone, although darker, but simultaneously even more cartoonish. The people hanging from nooses is the most problematic imagery I can recall.

But yeah, if we're going to be having conversations about what is appropriate, then definitely we should be talking about games like LIMBO. Games like GTA are so outrageously inappropriate that it's absurd they're even being discussed.

I just completed it about 10 minutes ago. there were also scenes where you get your guts shot out and intestines and bits of skull are flying around.

child soldiers and the ISIS kids holding up heads show that kids can absorb gore and take delight in it. To a lesser degree, I was watching uncensored horror movies since I was about 6, kids are capable of dealing w/ gore and violence to an extent, doesn't make it a good idea.

I just completed it about 10 minutes ago. there were also scenes where you get your guts shot out and intestines and bits of skull are flying around.

child soldiers and the ISIS kids holding up heads show that kids can absorb gore and take delight in it. To a lesser degree, I was watching uncensored horror movies since I was about 6, kids are capable of dealing w/ gore and violence to an extent, doesn't make it a good idea.
I always thought the gore in LIMBO was so heavily artistically stylized that it registered on a more cartoonish level, but I agree it's wise not to confuse kids who are too young with violence beyond their understanding. In any case, it's not hard to take that one off the list.

Honestly if you want to let your kids play some games at 7 (when I was 7 I was playing outside all the time except during winter or night) get them a DS or a Wii. 360 market isn't really geared towards kids.

There have been some solid suggestions so far like Lego games and Banjo games but those are the exception to the norm.

Other games you could look at are Rayman Raving Rabbids or Legends, Costume Quest 1 and 2, Splosion Man and Ms. Splosion Man (this will also teach the 7 year old that the world is hard and nothing will be handed to them), Fuzion Frenzy 2 to name a few more.

Or here LMGTFY..

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best+games+for+kids+on+xbox+360

Get him books? He's 7, he shouldn't have major problems reading video games. Most media is written at a middle school level.

But I havent been 7 in a while, so maybe i'm misremembering their development level. Fighting games and sports games are good for kids, imo, both boys and girls. They fully enjoy the shallow mechanics and competitiveness. If he has siblings or friends around often any cooperative game will be fun.

Honestly if you want to let your kids play some games at 7 (when I was 7 I was playing outside all the time except during winter or night) get them a DS or a Wii. 360 market isn't really geared towards kids.

There have been some solid suggestions so far like Lego games and Banjo games but those are the exception to the norm.

Other games you could look at are Rayman Raving Rabbids or Legends, Costume Quest 1 and 2, Splosion Man and Ms. Splosion Man (this will also teach the 7 year old that the world is hard and nothing will be handed to them), Fuzion Frenzy 2 to name a few more.

Or here LMGTFY..

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best+games+for+kids+on+xbox+360

Yup, get him a DS with the new Pokemon.

I'm pretty sure I was playing pokemon all day at that age. Good times

Lol at GTA

yeah lets show how to photograph NPCs having sex and murder them with assault rifles

Try explaining The Ballad of Gay Tony to them, especially the scene where some dude has his third leg on display. Oh, all the drugs too.

Castle Crashers!

Came in this thread to say this but looks like it's taken care of. Me and my daughter played and beat this game and it was really fun. Last boss was very tough.

In terms of what's appropriate for a 7 year old, I was playing DOOM and watching movies like Cannibal Holocaust at that age. But, I don't know how it really effected me in the long run. I just know that real life gore makes me light headed and nauseous as an "adult."

I probably wouldn't recommend sports games, they can be quite difficult for young ones to pick up the controls

As other people recommended the Lego games are great, some of them arnt a bad laugh either, I'd probably say pick up a Nintendo wii, they are great for kids

Yeah, the Lego games are a must-have. I've not played the latest two, Batman III and Jurassic World, but I've played all the others that have been released on the Xbox and 360, and I can recommend pretty much all of them. Didn't enjoy Indy II or Star Wars III much, but the others I'm good with. I'd love to try out the Lego City games, but they're Nintendo-exclusive, so fuck 'em.

Thanks again everyone for the suggestions. I'm using a game as a reward for something. I keep asking about different games like racing or FIFA or basketball but he keeps on asking for Lego Star Wars. I think some of his buddies are into the Star Wars stuff on games and disney and stuff like that.
So I'll start with that one and go from there. His mom hates video games and I'm sure I'll get some dirty looks for it but such is life :)

Doaxbvbox.jpg

Back