Best fun games for a 7 year old boy on XBOX 360

He might find some fun with "Kameo: Elements Of Power".

Yeah I would say so. Unless he's super into football I don't think he'd appreciate Fifa at that age.

Final Fantasy X on ps store. Maybe kids don't appreciate turn based games though. Idk but I loved it when I was a kid atleast. Yeah now that I think about it it's probably too hard aswell. Forget it :D

X would be a good one but it would seem a bit hard for a kid even though I played it, never did beat it though. GTA, is the way to go IMO not like kids are gonna pick up every bad little thing.

GTA, is the way to go IMO not like kids are gonna pick up every bad little thing.

Are there any positives?

If you're suggesting GTA to a 7 year old, I'm just going to assume that you don't have kids.

Are there any positives?

If you're suggesting GTA to a 7 year old, I'm just going to assume that you don't have kids.

i got kids and they played GTA at 7-8 and they don't cuss or running trying to steal cars etc. The game itself is easy for kids to pick up and play cause of the open world freedom of it(not really having to do missions and do whatever they want) and how the controls are easy to play with. I worry more about my kids trying the do wrestling moves in WWE 2k14 on each other than anything they have done in GTA.

Battletoads. Every young kid must experience the frustration of that game.

My nephew is 6 and he plays most modern games. His current favorites are Minecraft, Gary's Mod, and Just Cause 2.

I agree with others that the Lego games are a great starting point.

Why in the fuck are you guys recommending Grand Theft Auto for a 7 year old? Rape, murder, drugs, torture, etc are not things children should be exposed to so casually.

Awesome! Thanks for the responses so far. He would LOVE the Star Wars and Super Hero themed stuff.

Do you guys think stuff like FIFA and NBA are too hard for 7 year olds?
These latest sports sims can be enjoyed on many levels. For a kid, he'll have great fun on a lower difficulty setting chasing the ball around, trying to juke defenders, slide tackle offenders, complete passes and kick it in the goal. Hardcore gamers crank up the difficulty or play other people, and they are the ones who are one-timing shots off lob pass crosses from the corner, playing with strategic formations, and things like that.

Trials Evolution is another great sports game both of you would enjoy. Best Dirt Bike game of that generation.
LIMBO is one of the greatest indie puzzle games ever made; dark, scary, but kid safe.
Super Meat Boy is a great platformer, but might be too difficult for him. It's pretty punishing.
The Plants vs. Zombie games are available on mobile, but they're also in the Xbox store for cheap, and those are amazing Tower Defense games simple enough a 7-year old would love them.
Secret of Monkey Island was a remaster of an old LucasArts platformer.
Bastion was one of the best action RPG's of that generation. Kid safe, simple controls.
The Skate series is the closest thing to Tony Hawk on the 360.
Rock Band series if he likes the music stuff.
I think the Portal series has some dark undertones, but PG-13ish, if a kid can even pick up on those undertones, and the actual core gameplay would entrance a 7-year-old. You can get The Orange Box. Team Fortress 2 is kiddie enough for him. The Half-Life games in the box will be for you. Or just get Portal and Portal 2 as standalone purchases.

Games mentioned in this thread that are not kid safe (and that only irresponsible adults would let kids play):
Grand Theft Auto
Call of Duty (any of them)
Leisure Suit Larry
Just Cause 2

Last edited:
Lol at GTA

yeah lets show how to photograph NPCs having sex and murder them with assault rifles

Lol at GTA

yeah lets show how to photograph NPCs having sex and murder them with assault rifles

But all they do is appreciate the basic gameplay...

If you're recommending GTA, you're trash. Your kids will be trash too.

Lol at all the judgemental people in this thread.

Seven years old....SEVEN years old.

If you think GTA is totally fine for a fucking seven year-old, you either have no kids, or you're raising a bunch of losers. There is no middle ground.

lol at Madmick suggesting Limbo, where you play a kid that everyone is trying to murder and your routinely experience gruesome deaths.

lol at Madmick suggesting Limbo, where you plan a kid that everyone is trying to murder and your routinely experience gruesome deaths.

Limbo is like "Disney dark". No kid would pick up on the tiny narrative details. They might be frightened of the spider, but that's about it.

get him a nintendo, that's all kid friendly and party oriented if he wants to play with you or invite friends over.

Limbo is like "Disney dark". No kid would pick up on the tiny narrative details. They might be frightened of the spider, but that's about it.

you get hunted and murdered by humans, the spider drives it pointy legs through your skull. you die all the time. I'm not all that concerned about the subtext, the inappropriateness is all quite apparent.

you get hunted and murdered by humans, the spider drives it pointy legs through your skull. you die all the time. I'm not all that concerned about the subtext, the inappropriateness is all quite apparent.

I'll concede that it is quite blunt and disturbing for a 2D platformer, but nothing that a kid would be influenced/mortified by.

Might not be for a 7 year-old, but certainly more appropriate than GTA or Gears of War.

Wrong time to play that card. Recommending GTA to a 7-year-old is trailer trash bullshit.
lol at Madmick suggesting Limbo, where you play a kid that everyone is trying to murder and your routinely experience gruesome deaths.
Like I said, it is scary and dark, and certainly macabre, but I think nightmares are the only caveat. The deaths are cartoonish. I know my friend's son who is that age played the game and thought it was frightening, but he enjoyed it. You aren't assassinating anyone or murdering prostitutes. When I was that age I watched The Neverending Story. The wolf does nothing but tries to kill the kids. Kids can handle it.

In any case, the OP can review any game by just typing its title and the word "gameplay" as keyword in YouTube. Thank you technology.

Back