Best fun games for a 7 year old boy on XBOX 360

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So I have a 7 year old boy who is getting into video games. He likes Minecraft but doesn't really understand it since he can't read that well yet. I want to get him some fun games he can just pick up and play for a little while by himself or with friends. Something that isn't $60 would be nice.

What do you guys suggest? They don't have to be the latest and greatest. For sports I'd just get the "best" one from a few years ago to save money. I was thinking along the lines of

FIFA
NBA2kx
Sonic Generations
Sonic/Sega Racing
Lego Movie Game

Something along those lines maybe. FIFA and NBA would be nice b/c I can play them when he goes to bed :)

Get the Lego games, whichever universe he's into (Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Marvel etc)

Lego games are great for that. Lego Movie was probably the worst one of the series though. Get him Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, and Lego Harry Potter. Those are the best ones and they're probably like $10 each on Amazon.

GTA
Street Fighter
WWE 2k14
Skylanders
Skate 3

Awesome! Thanks for the responses so far. He would LOVE the Star Wars and Super Hero themed stuff.

Do you guys think stuff like FIFA and NBA are too hard for 7 year olds?

7 year old kids arent what they were in the past.

My lil cousin (who is 8) an all his friends play GTA, CoD etc.
The only child friendy game they play is minecraft lol.

Awesome! Thanks for the responses so far. He would LOVE the Star Wars and Super Hero themed stuff.

Do you guys think stuff like FIFA and NBA are too hard for 7 year olds?

Yeah I would say so. Unless he's super into football I don't think he'd appreciate Fifa at that age.

Final Fantasy X on ps store. Maybe kids don't appreciate turn based games though. Idk but I loved it when I was a kid atleast. Yeah now that I think about it it's probably too hard aswell. Forget it :D

Yeah I would say so. Unless he's super into football I don't think he'd appreciate Fifa at that age.

Final Fantasy X on ps store. Maybe kids don't appreciate turn based games though. Idk but I loved it when I was a kid atleast. Yeah now that I think about it it's probably too hard aswell. Forget it :D

Cool. Thanks for the ideas. I used to love turn based games as a kid. I know he will once he reads better and gets into it. He can play minecraft and boom beach for hours and hours and watch online videos.

Good to know about FIFA. He loves basketball as well but the NBA games might just be frustrating for him. I'll stick with the Lego stuff. I might try to pick up a racing type game (like the Sega one) b/c he likes those too. Like he played the Wii mario kart of whatever it was and thought it was cool.

Cool. Thanks for the ideas. I used to love turn based games as a kid. I know he will once he reads better and gets into it. He can play minecraft and boom beach for hours and hours and watch online videos.

Good to know about FIFA. He loves basketball as well but the NBA games might just be frustrating for him. I'll stick with the Lego stuff. I might try to pick up a racing type game (like the Sega one) b/c he likes those too. Like he played the Wii mario kart of whatever it was and thought it was cool.

I could name many PS1/PS2 games but i'm not so sure about PS4. Maybe the new Tomb Raider? Does Little Big Planet exist on PS4? That seems fun and kid friendly. Racing games would be to recommend. There was one game with like racing/football but I can't seem to remember the name.

This when it gets released. The other 2 are on ps2 I think.

Last edited:
My nephew has a 360 and just turned 8, we got him Rayman Legends. He likes it and had only played Minecraft and Skylanders previously

I downloaded the demo and it's pretty legit, hadn't played a platformer in a long time but it looks great and was a lot of fun

My nephew has a 360 and just turned 8, we got him Rayman Legends. He likes it and had only played Minecraft and Skylanders previously

I downloaded the demo and it's pretty legit, hadn't played a platformer in a long time but it looks great and was a lot of fun

It's an Excellent game.

If you want to play together I would say diablo 3
Our 8 year old loves it.

Lego games
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Portal
Castle Crashers
Limbo
Rare Replay
N+

If you don't mind him playing violent games:

GTA V