Best footwork in the game apart from TJ??

I seriously think all MMA fans should become hardcore boxing fans for at least 1 year. They'd learn a lot.

McGregor and Till have the best footwork in the UFC and it's really not even close. TJ isn't even in the discussion.

TJ certainly is in the discussion, as are a few other guys. Till needs to fight a higher caliber of fighter, and McG, while his in and out game is on point, lacks some of the lateral/angular movement that guys like TJ use very well.

But you're no expert, we know that.

TJ certainly is in the discussion, as are a few other guys. Till needs to fight a higher caliber of fighter, and McG, while his in and out game is on point, lacks some of the lateral/angular movement that guys like TJ use very well.

This post shows that you don't even know what footwork is. Like, you literally don't know the definition of footwork.

This post shows that you don't even know what footwork is. Like, you literally don't know the definition of footwork.

I'll be sure to bring your Proud Casual opinion up with Kru tomorrow so we can get a good laugh in.

I'll be sure to bring your Proud Casual opinion up with Kru tomorrow so we can get a good laugh in.
Your first assignment is to watch all Juan Manuel Marquez vs Manny Pacquiao fights. Come back and tell me who had the better footwork. Here's a hint: it's not the little guy dancing around everywhere.

Your first assignment is to watch all Juan Manuel Marquez vs Manny Pacquiao fights. Come back and tell me who had the better footwork. Here's a hint: it's not the little guy dancing around everywhere.

When did I ever say activity = good footwork? That's a straw man fallacy on your part. Also, I've seen all those fights.

How about Guglielmo Papaleo vs Corky Gonzalez?

Thie is what i was thinking. Conors been a pretty stationary target since he injured his knee. Hes very accurate and good at countering but im not sure thats because of good footwork.

Thie is what i was thinking. Conors been a pretty stationary target since he injured his knee. Hes very accurate and good at countering but im not sure thats because of good footwork.
The subtle movements he uses, putting himself in range then avoiding and countering is very very good. Conor's got excellent half steps in his footwork. He really wastes no movements when engaging.

While not very flashy, Aldo showed some very high level footwork in his prime when he would matador dudes instead of planting and trading like he does nowadays.

While not very flashy, Aldo showed some very high level footwork in his prime when he would matador dudes instead of planting and trading like he does nowadays.
Aldo's back foot pivot game was ridiculous.

The subtle movements he uses, putting himself in range then avoiding and countering is very very good. Conor's got excellent half steps in his footwork. He really wastes no movements when engaging.
That's true and i by no means meant he was poor i just dont think he moves like some of the other guys mentioned do. He understands range better then most guys do though

Back