Best food to eat before jujitsu

mmyers

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I want to know what you guys think is the best food or meal to eat before jujitsu class for energy and how much earlier than class would you eat this food or meal?

I find somedays I don't have any energy what so ever and it was definetly caused by my diet so im changing it a bit but I'd like to know if theres any one food or meal that would really up my energy levels that I could consume say afew hrs before class.

Thanks

Everybody has a different ****bolism, so I think individual differences will play a big part in it.

I try to eat healthy things that are light. When I have morning classes, I eat a 4 egg omlet with turkey slices and a cut up tomato about 60-75 minutes before class. That gives me about 75-90 minutes for it to settle before I really start shaking around. I also take a Muscle Milk Lite at the same time.

In the evening classes, I'll eat a square meal, just maybe smaller portions about 90 minutes before class. A little steak, salad, some brown rice, whatever. The heavier the meal, the more time I give it to go down. If I'm in a crunch, I don't mind scarfing down a turkey sandwich 30 minutes before class, that way I get about 45 minutes for it to digest before we get active.

The protein in the mornings really gives me energy to get my ass kicked for 2 hours. Otherwise I can't roll as long at the end of class, I'm just too drained.

Experiment and see what works best for you.

Im a pretty big slob right now 5'11 240 but my ****bolism is pretty high , and now that im challenging myself with excercise and taking in a bit better food its paying off (lost about 20lbs in a little over a month)

I have class in one hour, I chose to eat 1 cup of raisin bran cereal and a bananna with a 1/2 cup skim milk. Ill see how that goes. I guess it also depends on my diet throughout the day but today was a little odd compaired to any other because I didnt get any sleep, went to work for 5:30am , came home at 9am and slep til 2pm.

I appreciate the quick response.

I usually have a PB&J and a big glass of milk followed by a few glasses of water about 2-3 hours beforehand, if it's 1-2 hours beforehand I just have a bagel and cream cheese and some water and I'm good. I've realized I hate being full during BJJ and these are what I've found to work the best.

I usually have a PB&J and a big glass of milk followed by a few glasses of water about 2-3 hours beforehand, if it's 1-2 hours beforehand I just have a bagel and cream cheese and some water and I'm good. I've realized I hate being full during BJJ and these are what I've found to work the best.

Ok cool. Another guy in my gym told me that he usually goes with PB&J and milk too. Ill give that try. Im also gonna try some NOXplode preworkout.

beans...then fart when ur triangling someone

Back