Best food in the world

Anything that comes in a can that says Chef Boyardee on it.

Chinese but it isn't fair on virtue of there being so many regional cuisines.

German food is pretty underrated.

I mean, who doesn't love himself some Kidney or Sausage mash?!
View attachment 630237 View attachment 630239

Yeah if you like meat, it's tough not to like German food. I think it's still the largest ancestry group in the U.S. (particularly in the Midwest) and probably where the whole American meat and potatoes thing comes from. German immigrants popularized hot dogs and hamburgers.

But the real deal from a small tavern or mom and pop shop in Germany is the way to go. Every town has a bakery where you can pick up fresh baked Broetchen or Apfelkuchen (still warm from the oven) with coffee on the way to work. Way better than McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts.

Damn I miss working in Germany.

photo4jpg.jpg

brot-broetchen-german-bakery.jpg

Last edited:
Indian:
A good briyani or korma.

Chinese:
xiao long boa or dandan mein

Best overall:

Japanese - simple, fresh and healthy. Taste awesome without being over done with heavy sauces.

I am a foodie so I love it all but if your food experience is more about the sauces than the underlying food quality and taste then that is kind of an admission that the underlying 'food' is not good enough.

Best comfort food:

Italian.

never heard anyone say the french are the best cooks in the world... lol at british being on the list, arnt they known for the worst food ever.... American, mexican and italian for me

Read about food pre-1970. Take a look at Julia Child.

We forgot how far advanced the French were b/c their techniques have now spread around the world and influenced so much food.

Best cuisine is so subjective though. Italian, Thai, French, Indian, Mexican can all be my fav on a given day

French and I don't think its very close to be honest. I do like Northern Italian as well.

1. Mexican Food
2. Japanese Food
3. American BBQ

Indian Food is fucking nasty. That shit literally taste like how rotten underarm BO smells.

Indian, nothing else compares or matters

I don't have much experience with French cuisine (although I've heard tell that the real deal is sublime.) I've had Italian of differing traditions and love a simple pasta with sauce, osso bucco, risotto, etc.

I think the sleeper is Southern US cooking. Granted that might be cheating because of multiple traditions and a creole nature but, once upon a time, everything was a blended culture in its past.

If you like meat Argentinian steak is the best in the world and it's not even close.

As a son of Mexican parents, i say Thai food.

Fresh caught pigeon at my local park where the homeless people hang out.

For everyone saying "French," did you ever eat at Brasserie Les Halles in NYC before it closed down? I'm the opposite of a foodie but I've spent probably 3 or 4 weeks in France over the years, having eaten at some nice restaurants but Les Halles is the best French I've had. Their foie gras, steak tartare and freedom fries were THE BEST. I used to think I hated steak tartare until I had it there - the waiter would prepare it however you wanted on a cart right next to your table. Tastes like everything I love about medium rare steak but possibly even better.

250px-Foie_gras_en_cocotte.jpg

Lt3U5XH4QXuloRTxJG3b

Italian for me. I live for the combo of tomato sauce and romano cheese.

I spent a summer in New Mexico running an off grid farm. The closest town was Silver City. In Silver City there was a restaurant called the Curious Kumquat run by chef Rob Connoley. That dude could cook like no other. His dinner prices were too high for me solo but his lunch menu was super reasonable and ridiculously good. 90% local, 40% foraged. Strange combinations of flavors that always went well together. His food game was on lock.

Back