Best food in the world

French and it's not close. They are the groundwork for all modern cuisine. In b4 a bunch of weaboos and tranny fuckers tell me about East Asian food. Hilariously, Asians treat "French" ingredient and procedure with more care than their own ishes.

The correct answer is indian and/or chinese.

If you answer thai, you're a boring suburbanite.
Your average Thai family makes better food than 99.99% of the rest of the globe.
However, it has limitations. French at the highest level is unfathomably astounding and the average Norman/Breton is a better cook than 99.99999% of the world.

I don’t think any one country can claim that title. If I drew up a list of my 20 favourite dishes it would probably represent 12-15 countries.
No one cares about what your favorites are. We're talking about the best, and it's French

Best food in the world is fresh high quality ingredients you cook yourself.

My grandma lives in the mountains, she has a garden where she grows vegetables and she has neighbours who raises pigs for self-consumption. When I tried the food, very simply prepared, always blows me away how appetizing they are. Most importantly, can easily picture.myself eating on a regular basis.
Wow, how insightful. What country does that come from, is the question.

We're talking about the best, and it's French.

slow-cooker-french-dip-sandwiches-4.jpg

Pretty good.

Not sure I'd say it's the best, tbh

Your average Thai family makes better food than 99.99% of the rest of the globe.
However, it has limitations. French at the highest level is unfathomably astounding and the average Norman/Breton is a better cook than 99.99999% of the world.
Not gonna argue about execution but the depth of what India and China offers brute forces their way against other passe/hip food scene.

Not gonna argue about execution but the depth of what India and China offers brute forces their way against other passe/hip food scene.
No, they don't. I've cooked french and chinese, owned by french and chinese.
I know french chefs that would absolutely demolish chinese chefs with a wok. Chinese and Indian are comprehensive and take a lot of building and structure. Chinese treat their meat like shit as well.

No, they don't. I've cooked french and chinese, owned by french and chinese.
I know french chefs that would absolutely demolish chinese chefs with a wok. Chinese and Indian are comprehensive and take a lot of building and structure. Chinese treat their meat like shit as well.
Read my post. I'm talking about a head to head against cuisines(assuming both representative cooks are competent) by virtue of topography, population numbers and number of regions. Basically a numbers game that you can quantify not the execution of a better chef against another.

Read my post. I'm talking about a head to head against cuisines(assuming both representative cooks are competent) by virtue of topography, population numbers and number of regions. Basically a numbers game that you can quantify not the execution of a better chef against another.
I know what you're saying. I still disagree.

French, Japanese, and Italian are the holy trinity of food culture IMO.

It's a shame that 99.9% of "Japanese" restaurants in the US are absolute shitshows being peddled by Chinese and Filipinos though

Indian by far for strictly veggie cuisine. I can see why so many Indians are vegetarian. Home cooked Indian/south south asian food depending on their upbringing are a different level too

Overall it's still too 5 but prolly behind Thai, Italian and French. Not a big fan of their meats outside of some chicken curries (tikka masala and butter chicken are OP) and mutton

Wanna know the best food on the planet? Here is how to find it.

Find the god damn truckers in your country. They live on the road, they live and die by crap food. I've drove truck, and rode with truckers. The food they find in out of the way places or truck stops is fucking amazing. If they drive, 10, 20K out of their way to get to a specific place to eat, that's some DAMN good food as every mile they drive away from where they are going is money lost. And if they are willing to lose money to go there, you know it's damn good.

Wanna know the best food on the planet? Here is how to find it.

Find the god damn truckers in your country. They live on the road, they live and die by crap food. I've drove truck, and rode with truckers. The food they find in out of the way places or truck stops is fucking amazing. If they drive, 10, 20K out of their way to get to a specific place to eat, that's some DAMN good food as every mile they drive away from where they are going is money lost. And if they are willing to lose money to go there, you know it's damn good.
This post reeks of uncultured, Midwestern, flannelled obesity

Last edited:
Tough to pick just one best food, but this is up there:

schweinshaxe-mit-kartoffelknoedel-449856.jpg

Schweinshaxe traditional in southern Germany. Roast ham hock (with crispy skin) served with Kloesse (sticky potato dumpling) and sauerkraut. Goes great with a pint of Hefeweizen. It's hard to find the real deal in the U.S. Closest thing here is southern ham hocks and greens but the German version is even better. Getting hungry just thinking about it.
German food is pretty underrated.

I mean, who doesn't love himself some Kidney or Sausage mash?!
nieren-nach-hausfrauenart.jpg wurstebrei-nach-uromas-art.jpg

Back