Best Fights to Watch?

All the fights listed in here are indeed fucking awesome.

However, I think there is also another cool thing you can do with older fights, which is almost watch a series of fights as a story.

I like to do this with GSP era WW.

First, watch GSP v Sherk. Just a destruction. Then GSP v Hughes I. GSP fights a good fight, but ultimately gets beat by the veteran. Then watch Hughes v Alves. The man who beat GSP get's his shit wrecked by a Brazilian destroyer. Then on to Alves v Fitch I. You think Alves is a badass and Fitch, get this, FINISHES him. Then watch GSP v Fitch and you get to truly appreciate the development of GSP's game.

I know that's not exactly chronologically accurate and there are other great fights that are part of that "story" (GSP's other fights with Hughes and his fights with Serra etc) and of course you can just watch entire careers too, but I enjoy mixing it up a little.

I also find that watching them like this, as part of a continuum, not just fights in a vacuum, really add to the value of the fights. The effect becomes more than the sum of its parts.

You can do similar things with Pettis/Bendo/Cerrone or Fedor/Nog/Cro Cop and even JDS/Cain. Really, any time two or three really good, entertaining fighters come up through the ranks at the same time, you can find a good line-up of fights to watch.

All the fights listed in here are indeed fucking awesome.

However, I think there is also another cool thing you can do with older fights, which is almost watch a series of fights as a story.

I like to do this with GSP era WW.

First, watch GSP v Sherk. Just a destruction. Then GSP v Hughes I. GSP fights a good fight, but ultimately gets beat by the veteran. Then watch Hughes v Alves. The man who beat GSP get's his shit wrecked by a Brazilian destroyer. Then on to Alves v Fitch I. You think Alves is a badass and Fitch, get this, FINISHES him. Then watch GSP v Fitch and you get to truly appreciate the development of GSP's game.

I know that's not exactly chronologically accurate and there are other great fights that are part of that "story" (GSP's other fights with Hughes and his fights with Serra etc) and of course you can just watch entire careers too, but I enjoy mixing it up a little.

I also find that watching them like this, as part of a continuum, not just fights in a vacuum, really add to the value of the fights. The effect becomes more than the sum of its parts.

You can do similar things with Pettis/Bendo/Cerrone or Fedor/Nog/Cro Cop and even JDS/Cain. Really, any time two or three really good, entertaining fighters come up through the ranks at the same time, you can find a good line-up of fights to watch.

i know exactly what you, and i like the vantage of hindsight. just nice to see what happened

there are tons of great fights but i think itd be better to list great fights that are easily available from streaming sites

Watch Cain vs Brock, it's up for free on UFC youtube

One fight that gets really, really overlooked in these discussions that I'll highly recommend is Carlos Condit vs Hiromitsu Miura at WEC 35. It's awesome.

Silva/Stann, Maynard, Edgar II & III, almost any AS fight, GSP/Condit, Lidell/Rampage I & II, Rampage/Wandy I, II, & III, Shogun/Machida I & II, Shogun/Henderson, Tito/Liddell I & II, Couture/Big Nog, Kongo/Barry, Pettis/Henderson I, JDS/Hunt, Carwin/Brock, KZ/Garcia I & II, KZ/Poirier, Bermudez/Grice, Lauzon/Miller, Diaz/Daley, Lauzon/Varner, and Gomi/Danzig.

Ill suggest a few recent ones off the top of my head:

Barry vs Kongo
Stann vs Wand
Lawler vs. Manhoef
and a rare throwback just because,
Manhoef vs. Cyborg Santos

Shogun vs Hendo
Jones vs Gus
Chandler vs Alverez

Just download full events. Pride and zuffa era WEC events rarely disappointed

that-s-fucking-illegal-o.gif

Cool name tho bruh ;)

Nick diaz vs paul daley
Dan henderson vs shogun
Mark hunt vs stefan struve

Stittgen vs Guimaraes
Lopez vs Sadollah
Head vs Ebersole
Kongo vs Jordan
Krylov vs Palelei
Servern vs Shamrock 2
Alexander vs Slice
Shields vs Herman
Shields vs Woodley

to name a few

Stittgen vs Guimaraes
Lopez vs Sadollah
Head vs Ebersole
Kongo vs Jordan
Krylov vs Palelei
Servern vs Shamrock 2
Alexander vs Slice
Shields vs Herman
Shields vs Woodley

to name a few

There is always one

Hendo v Shogun
Jones v Gus
Machida v Shogun
Griffin v Jackson
Jonso v Dodson

This year alone had some great fights......Gus vs Jones, Wand vs Stann, Grice, vs Bermudez. Chandler vs Alverez was great......Shogun vs Hendo of course.

This year alone had some great fights......Gus vs Jones, Wand vs Stann, Grice, vs Bermudez. Chandler vs Alverez was great......Shogun vs Hendo of course.

cant believe you didn't bring up JDS vs Hunt, that was my dream fight forever and it came through and was amazing

Best fight Ive ever watched was Pettis vs. Bendo I. Another great one is Bendo vs. Cerrone I. And both really deliver the whole MMA package.

Thanks for all the older fights or underappreciated fights. I've been watching for a few years, so if it's been on in the past 5 years or so...I've probably seen it.

Except the Grice/Bermudez fight...hadn't seen that one. How did they score the fight for Bermudez? The best I could've seen was 10-9 Grice, 10-9 Grice, 10-8 Bermudez, but I couldn't even give a 10-8 for the final round.

Hughes v Trigg II
Diaz v Daley
JDS v Hunt
Chuck v Wanderlei
Wanderlei v Stann
Benson v Pettis (Both of them)
Jose Aldo v Mark Hominick
Dan Henderson v Shogun Rua
Shogun Rua v Brandon Vera
Jones v Gus
Benson v Nate
Silva v Sonnen I
Mir v Nog II
Edson Barboza v Terry Etim
GSP v Hughes (Both of them)
GSP v Serra II

Just rattled off a few I could think of in no particular order. I will say Diaz/Daley i one of my favorites of all time though.

Randy vs Chuck 1/2/3
Chuck vs Tito 1/2
Cro Cop vs Igor
Cro Cop vs Big Nog
Big Nog vs Sapp
Fedor vs Nog 1/3
Sakuraba vs Wand 1/2/3
Wand vs Rampage 1/2/3
Hendo vs Wan 1/2
Hendo vs Lil Nog
Cro Cop vs Hunt
Hendo vs Fedor
Hendo vs Shogun
Hunt vs Wanderlei
Shogun vs Arona
Shogun vs Overeem 1/2
Franklin vs Quarry
Franklin vs Shamrock
Penn vs Hughes 1/2/3
GSP vs Penn 1/2
Hughes vs Trigg 1/2
Arlovski vs Sylvia 1/2
Griffin vs Bonnar
Tito vs Belfort
Randy vs Belfort
Randy vs Nog
Forrest vs Rampage
Chuck vs Wanderlei

Well that's if you get though all of those then you'll find out about all sorts of other awesome fights.

Back