Best Fighter in GOT Tournament | Round 3 | 2) Arthur Dayne 3) Jaime Lannister

Lethal

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
The matchup that wasn't supposed to happen....

#2) Arthur Dayne

BNj2puJ.jpg

Arthur was the deadliest of the seven knights of Aerys's Kingsguard.

His title Sword of the Morning is a title of House Dayne bestowed on the knight who bears their ancestral greatsword Dawn. The Sword of the Morning is always a member of House Dayne. The title is not necessarily passed to the lord of the house, but to the knight considered most worthy to wield it, as decided within the House. Dawn is said to be made from metal forged from the heart of a fallen star. The blade is said to be just as sharp as Valyrian steel.

"The finest knight I ever saw was Ser Arthur Dayne, who fought with a blade called Dawn, forged from the heart of a fallen star. They called him the Sword of the Morning, and he would have killed me but for Howland Reed." - Ned Stark

"I learned from Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while he was taking a piss with the right." - Jamie Lannister

vs

#3) Jaime Lannister

325px-Jaime_kingsguard_promo.jpg

---------

Bracket:

nLAEmua.jpg

Guidelines:

- For all matchups both fighters are in their Prime
- No Intel
- Intent is to Kill
- Voting will close 48 hours after the thread is made

**Book Discussion past the current episode is fine, but please keep it within spoiler tags.

Jaime Lannister for the lulz. And if he makes it to finals, I've got his back there too.

But I guess I should try to make a real argument. We hear a lot about how great Dayne is and GRRM even says he's the best swordsman, but Jaime seems to have the better list of feats. All we really know about Dayne is he killed the Smiling Knight and he slipped on a banana peel and lost to Ned Stark.

Dayne was Jaime's mentor.

The pupil should always surpass the teacher, if the teacher was any good.

Jaime.

Jaime.
Jaime just squired for him, did he not? Dayne was a knight, not a master-at-arms or instructor.

The problem with these battles is that GRRM said Dayne is the best. Even with all the show-only voters they inevitably come down to Dayne vs Selmy with Dayne winning, because that is how GRRM puts it. Good fun in the early stages, predictable at the end.

That being said, this would be an awesome fight.

On a side note, how old was Dayne supposed to be when he tripped and fell onto Ice?

Jaime just squired for him, did he not? Dayne was a knight, not a master-at-arms or instructor.

The problem with these battles is that GRRM said Dayne is the best. Even with all the show-only voters they inevitably come down to Dayne vs Selmy with Dayne winning, because that is how GRRM puts it. Good fun in the early stages, predictable at the end.

That being said, this would be an awesome fight.

Jaime.

Except when the teacher is just a far more naturally gifted swordsman and has a superior weapon.

Jaime.

Uh, not possible in this case. Especially if Dayne has Dawn, which I am assuming he does.

For a guy who has hardly any back story, Dayne gets a lot of love.

I'm not buying the Dayne hype. I think we're going to eventually find out that Ned beat Dayne one on one but didn't want anyone to know how good of a swordsman he really is.

"I learned from Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while he was taking a piss with the right." - Jamie Lannister

Dayne obviously wins all scanerios.

I'm not buying the Dayne hype. I think we're going to eventually find out that Ned beat Dayne one on one but didn't want anyone to know how good of a swordsman he really is.

Impossible. Ned got owned by Yohn Royce in sparring. Brandon was also known to be a better swordsmen than his brother.

Arthur Dayne is just legendary:

Smiling Knight: It's that white sword of yours I want.

Arthur: Then you shall have it, ser.

Impossible. Ned got owned by Yohn Royce in sparring. Brandon was also known to be a better swordsmen than his brother.

Arthur Dayne is just legendary:

Ned didn't go all out in sparring. He didn't want people to know how good he was. Dude hated the limelight and just wanted to live a chill life up in the North.

For a guy who has hardly any back story, Dayne gets a lot of love.

You have two people say that he is the best ever. What more do you need?

also, gurm said he is the best ever.

Ned didn't go all out in sparring. He didn't want people to know how good he was. Dude hated the limelight and just wanted to live a chill life up in the North.

yeah, but then he listened to his bitch - look where that got him.

It was Ned and Rodrick against Royce and Royce beat them down on their own home turf in front of their children.

Ned still has pride. He wouldn't let it go down like that if he could've stopped it.

yeah, but then he listened to his bitch - look where that got him.

Even the best men get dragged down by whores. Look at Tiger Woods and Nick Lachey.

It was Ned and Rodrick against Royce and Royce beat them down on their own home turf in front of their children.

Ned still has pride. He wouldn't let it go down like that if he could've stopped it.

Ned never came off as prideful to me.

Selmy, who is thought to be the best living swordsman, said that Arthur Dayne was superior to him in all ways. Dayne completely embarrasses the Kingslayer.

Back