Best Fighter in GOT Tournament | Round 2 | #3) Jaime Lannister vs #6) The Hound

Spending a year in shackles + being shackled during combat gives a whole new meaning to "ring rust".

No plot spoilers below but from the books.

Jaime thinks while fighting Brienne that among the living, GreatJon Umber and both Clegane brothers are stronger than him. At another point he thinks that he'd rather not ever have to fight the Hound even though he thinks he could probably take the Mountain

That bit is particularly interesting because in the show he tells Brienne that only three men alive could beat him. The books suggest Sandor Clegane to be one of those three.

So even with all his ego and arrogance, Jaime still thinks even in his prime there's a good chance he'd die fighting Sandor.

Gotta vote Hound.

They never directly link Jaime's thoughts to those three men. What he says in the show: "There are three men in the kingdoms that might have a chance against me. You aren't one of them (Brienne)." In the books, he thinks: Greatjon John Umber and Lyle Crakehall are stronger than him, and both Clegane brothers. Later he thinks to himself that despite Lyle being strong, Sandor "was much quicker, and fought with a savagery that Lyle could not hope to match".

It's pretty clear that of all the living men, Jaime considers Sandor to be an equal on healthy terms.

Jaime has more off screen. In the books he probably killed more than ten during the whispering Wood. The show also has him fighting in Pyke which would have racked up another good chunk. Both show and books have him beating down Riverlords at the Golden Tooth. In the books the fight against the Riverlords were actually two separate battles.

I think both the show and books have the Hound only fighting at the Blackwater in terms of actual war. It's a good possibility that Jaime has actually taken out more people.

I had forgotten that Jaime fought against the Greyjoys. It's a big question mark whether the Hound fought during the Greyjoy rebellion, but I'd have to think he also did. I think it's also implicit that he's killed a lot of people in Robert's service.

It's a little bit murky, so I think the safest assumption is that their body count is comparable.

1. rob starks valyrian steal did jack squat against a thug's knives. oathkeeper was able to cut through a book but didn't cut through the table below the book. a valyrian steal knife didn't total f*ck up catelyn starks hand when she bare-hand grabbed it. didn't cut her tendons or bones, or anything. conclusion, hanzu > valyrian steel and valyrian steel highly, highly overrated in actual practice.

2. hound wins by being willing to fight dirty. jaime refuses to fight dirty. only time he fought dirty was pushing bronn out the window and stabbing the mad king in the back. he stopped fighting ned stark when ned got hurt. he got mad when bron bitch slapped him with his own gold hand. jaime fights like a gentleman. hound fights like a rabid dog. rabid dog beats the gentleman.

empiral evidence supports this: dirty fighting >>> gentleman fighting

Jaime's killed an outlaw from the Kingswood Brotherhood, when he was a sixteen year old squire. He's fought in many battles since then, do you really think he hasn't killed "dirty fighters" in his life.

2. hound wins by being willing to fight dirty. jaime refuses to fight dirty. only time he fought dirty was pushing bronn out the window and stabbing the mad king in the back. he stopped fighting ned stark when ned got hurt. he got mad when bron bitch slapped him with his own gold hand. jaime fights like a gentleman. hound fights like a rabid dog. rabid dog beats the gentleman.

empiral evidence supports this: dirty fighting >>> gentleman fighting

Hell no, Jaime is a murdering snake. In a one on one fight to the death he wouldn't give a shit about fighting fair.

Jaime's killed an outlaw from the Kingswood Brotherhood, when he was a sixteen year old squire. He's fought in many battles since then, do you really think he hasn't killed "dirty fighters" in his life.

Having killed unskilled or unequal dirty fighters doesn't prove gentlemans fighting superior.

When somebody equally skill like the hound fights Jaime, fighting dirty can make the difference

Hell no, Jaime is a murdering snake. In a one on one fight to the death he wouldn't give a shit about fighting fair.

Need proof otherwise conjecture. I've provided examples showing otherwise.

Ned stark fight
Fighting bron
Traveling with brienne

Empirical data trumps sherdog conjecture

Jory-Cassell.gif

Also, The Hound killed his first man at 12, which coincides with Robert's Rebellion, so he may very well have been on the battlefield even back then. Considering it took 3 grown men to pull an 11 year old mountain off of him, you'd have to think a 12 year old hound could also put a hurting on someone.

jaime got taken to school by brienne, he has nothing for the hound.

ned would have offed him anyway if that guard hadn't have jumped in.

This is prime vs prime, not handcuffed, starving, same shit boots for over a year Jaime.

Need proof otherwise conjecture. I've provided examples showing otherwise.

Ned stark fight
Fighting bron
Traveling with brienne

Empirical data trumps sherdog conjecture

Beating his former squire to death so he can escape. Pushing a young child out a window. This is a one on one, no audience fight. He was pissed because Ned getting crippled from someone else made him look weak and rumors would start flying around about how he was losing.

He's a snake.

Lol at Jaime winning. Brienne beat the shit outta him and Bronne is working him in practice.

He also was captured by a teenager.

I don't think Jaime's prime was when he was shackled, malnourished, and over a year out of practice. And he still fought Brienne to a draw. Jaime was a prodigy, possibly the finest young swordsman Westeros had ever seen. The Hound is great, but the edge goes to Jaime.

And Robb didn't do shit. Jaime went HAM straight at Robb and killed three men before being overtaken.

Jaime wins this rather easy. Especially without an audience to show boat for. Hound's weakness for fire also gives Jaime an advantage to exploit. Jaime wins this and goes how to screw his sister.

Lol, you're such a troll. :D

Hound may be good but he's only been crushing cans, who are his notable wins?

Jamie has:

Daryn Hornwood -sole heir of House Hornwood
Eddard Karstary
Torrhen Karstark
Jory Cassell - the Starks Captain of Guard

*Also held his own against the Smiling Knight (basically the original Mountain) at age 15 until Dayne stepped in to finish the job

Hound has:
Rioting peasants
The Butchers boy
The Mountain's lackies
Some cannon fodder at the Blackwater

This is prime vs prime, not handcuffed, starving, same shit boots for over a year Jaime.

jaime isn't brazilian. why are you making excuses for him? it is what it is. he got owned.

Lol, you're such a troll. :D

not even close. jaime is an overhyped can, sorry if you fanboys can't accept that.

i've never actually seen him do anything except fuck his sister and push a child out of a window.

Spending a year in shackles + being shackled during combat gives a whole new meaning to "ring rust".

No plot spoilers below but from the books.

Jaime thinks while fighting Brienne that among the living, GreatJon Umber and both Clegane brothers are stronger than him. At another point he thinks that he'd rather not ever have to fight the Hound even though he thinks he could probably take the Mountain

That bit is particularly interesting because in the show he tells Brienne that only three men alive could beat him. The books suggest Sandor Clegane to be one of those three.

So even with all his ego and arrogance, Jaime still thinks even in his prime there's a good chance he'd die fighting Sandor.

Gotta vote Hound.

Book speak

He thinks The Hound is a great combination of speed and power. The Hound's speed is what worries Jaime, whereas the Mountain he's confident he can dodge and find an opening

They never directly link Jaime's thoughts to those three men. What he says in the show: "There are three men in the kingdoms that might have a chance against me. You aren't one of them (Brienne)." In the books, he thinks: Greatjon John Umber and Lyle Crakehall are stronger than him, and both Clegane brothers. Later he thinks to himself that despite Lyle being strong, Sandor "was much quicker, and fought with a savagery that Lyle could not hope to match".

It's pretty clear that of all the living men, Jaime considers Sandor to be an equal on healthy terms.

^this

Despite all this, I still voted Jaime. I'm guessing the betting lines would have Jaime a very slight favorite.

not even close. jaime is an overhyped can, sorry if you fanboys can't accept that.

i've never actually seen him do anything except fuck his sister and push a child out of a window.

With all your rustling, it's as if Jaime fucked YOUR sister.

Lions > Hounds

Back