Best Fighter in GOT Tournament | Round 2 | #3) Jaime Lannister vs #6) The Hound

Looks like I spoke too soon. Hound fans are showing up and making this close.

I'm going with The Hound based on grittiness. Also, he seems to be the #1 killer in the show so kind of hard to vote against.

He had his hand when that big dyke beat his ass.

Yeah, and his hands were chained, he had been just freed after being sitting in a prison cell for months barely able to move and malnourished for the majority of that time.

His 'fight' with Brienne shouldn't even be considered a fight. She couldn't touch him, and he wasn't anywhere close to what anyone knowledgeable would consider his prime.

Yeah, and his hands were chained, he had been just freed after being sitting in a prison cell for months barely able to move and malnourished for the majority of that time.

His 'fight' with Brienne shouldn't even be considered a fight. She couldn't touch him, and he wasn't anywhere close to what anyone knowledgeable would consider his prime.

Are you a BJ Penn fan?

...After killing nearly a dozen of Rob Stark's men.

It's easy to kill guys that cannot kill you because they have to capture you. The hound is far more greedy and willing to do what ever it takes to win.

It's easy to kill guys that cannot kill you because they have to capture you. The hound is far more greedy and willing to do what ever it takes to win.

They weren't trying to capture him during the battle. They all basically admitted they got kinda lucky Robb didn't get killed because Jaime was too busy killing other dudes.

I actually reread the tourney of the King's Hand recently, and The Hound did unhorse Jaime in a joust, though Jaime did land the first blow, which makes a big difference when it's a war lance.

On the feet, it's also hard to say. Jaime is probably more technical, but the hound is no slouch either, and is much bigger, and quite quick. When he fights the mountain, he fights purely defensively, deflects all blows aimed at his head, and even uses a bow to duck under a blow. And as far as body counts go, The Hound is much higher. I know MMAmath shouldn't factor in, I'm mixing TV show with book, and Jaime was starved and handcuffed when he fought Brienne, but The Hound took out Biter like it was an afterthought, while Brienne had some issues.

Ultimately, I think Jaime lands the first blow, but the Hound outlasts him in a really grueling fight.

1878-1238700086.jpg

This guy would slay anyone from ASOIAF easy!

Lol of course. He'd even kill the dragons. I don't think Gutts really qualifies as a realistic human. No man could one-hand, or even two-hand that Greatsword, something Gutts does effortlessly.

I don't think that's the case.

Well in the TV show, the hound is at like 22 on-screen, while Jaime has only like 2 or 3 on-screen kills and maybe 10 off-screen.

The numbers aren't the same in the books, but the general trend is the same. Jaime sat out Robert's Rebellion, so his only real kills in battle are against those Bandits with Dayne and Selmy, and his fights in the Riverlands.

Spending a year in shackles + being shackled during combat gives a whole new meaning to "ring rust".

No plot spoilers below but from the books.

Jaime thinks while fighting Brienne that among the living, GreatJon Umber and both Clegane brothers are stronger than him. At another point he thinks that he'd rather not ever have to fight the Hound even though he thinks he could probably take the Mountain

That bit is particularly interesting because in the show he tells Brienne that only three men alive could beat him. The books suggest Sandor Clegane to be one of those three.

So even with all his ego and arrogance, Jaime still thinks even in his prime there's a good chance he'd die fighting Sandor.

Gotta vote Hound.

I don't think that's the case.

How "fact" are born on the internet. One internet hero stating it emphatically enough.

When comes time for gritty combat hound will do what it takes. Jaime is an overrated gentleman scan fighter.

Spending a year in shackles + being shackled during combat gives a whole new meaning to "ring rust".

No plot spoilers below but from the books.

Jaime thinks while fighting Brienne that among the living, GreatJon Umber and both Clegane brothers are stronger than him. At another point he thinks that he'd rather not ever have to fight the Hound even though he thinks he could probably take the Mountain

That bit is particularly interesting because in the show he tells Brienne that only three men alive could beat him. The books suggest Sandor Clegane to be one of those three.

So even with all his ego and arrogance, Jaime still thinks even in his prime there's a good chance he'd die fighting Sandor.

Gotta vote Hound.

I don't take that as him having anything other than a healthy respect for Sandor, like he should. I doubt for a second he thinks he would actually lose.

When Jaime was dueling Brienne he said, and I quote:

"There are three men in the kingdoms who might have a chance against me. You aren't one of them."

He was speaking mostly from close acquaintance and it just so happens those three men are most likely: Barristan Selmy, The Mountain and The Hound.

The reason this fight is tough: The Mountain doesn't fight smart. He fights brutal. He has strength and he moves pretty quickly but he's brutal more than anything else. Sandor fights smart AND he's strong. Jaime can't just avoid his swings and have him tire himself.

Jaime might win but it wouldn't be a clean fight. (Remember too that Barristan Selmy unhorsed Sandor Clegane when he was 57 years old, but in an all out brawl, The Hound is a very formidable killer)

Well in the TV show, the hound is at like 22 on-screen, while Jaime has only like 2 or 3 on-screen kills and maybe 10 off-screen.

The numbers aren't the same in the books, but the general trend is the same.

Jaime has more off screen. In the books he probably killed more than ten during the whispering Wood. The show also has him fighting in Pyke which would have racked up another good chunk. Both show and books have him beating down Riverlords at the Golden Tooth. In the books the fight against the Riverlords were actually two separate battles.

I think both the show and books have the Hound only fighting at the Blackwater in terms of actual war. It's a good possibility that Jaime has actually taken out more people.

Back