Best Fighter in GOT Tournament | Round 2 | #3) Jaime Lannister vs #6) The Hound

Jaimie didn't have Oathkeeper in his prime doe.

Question for everyone/anyone:

Will a Valarian Steel sword just cut thru other swords?
What are its strengths vs. steel blades?

Its strength is that it is very light, providing for quickness of thrusts etc.

I'd say Jamie takes this, unless he's holding chicken.

1878-1238700086.jpg

This guy would slay anyone from ASOIAF easy!

But in all seriousness, I give the slight edge to the Hound.

Not against having Jaime picked as the winner though.

This is actually a pretty tough one.

Jamie does not have Oathkeeper in his prime either. I won't vote on this one, though I give a very slight edge to Jamie. Like, 6 outta 10 to Jamie.

I know Jaime has this huge reputation in the books, but to be honest i've never really bought into it. He's never actually done a huge amount in real combat outside of squiring against the Kingswood Brotherhood and making his capture difficult against Robb.

There's no doubt he was an excellent fighter, but he's just not done enough to justify his reputation as GOAT in my opinion.

It's funny to see how people think strength and size are the same factors in a sword fight as they are in MMA. Seriously?

Also people saying The Hound by being fearless... I think every well renowned warrior is pretty fearless in battle or else they wouldn't have been able to make the name the made for themselves.

Jaime almost got beat by a chick. Hound takes this.

jaime refuses to fight dirty. only time he fought dirty was pushing bronn out the window and stabbing the mad king in the back. he stopped fighting ned stark when ned got hurt.

He stabbed Ned's boy in the eye with a dagger 2 seconds before battling Ned.

Not exactly dirty but let's not act like Jaime doesn't play for keeps.

i know the other characters talk about how great jaime is/was but how good could he be if he cant beat bronn with his left hand. his footwork, reaction time, strategy and other things should still carry him over a random sellsword. i bet the hound could take him with either hand.

theres no way in hell jaime could beat dayne in the next round. he wouldve besmirched bronn while pissing with his right hand.

Yeah coz losing your main hand is just a small hiccup, right? Someone tell Brady and Kershaw to give their throwing hands a rest and start throwing a football/baseball with their opposite hand. Let's see if they can stay on the team let alone maintain their ratings.

BTW the Kingslayer takes it. Just too fast and almost as strong as the Hound.

I know Jaime has this huge reputation in the books, but to be honest i've never really bought into it. He's never actually done a huge amount in real combat outside of squiring against the Kingswood Brotherhood and making his capture difficult against Robb.

There's no doubt he was an excellent fighter, but he's just not done enough to justify his reputation as GOAT in my opinion.

Between the books and show, Jaime killed the captain of the guard of one of the most powerful lord with ease, beat down Riverlords in two separate battles, laid siege to Riverrun, fought in the battle at Pyke, and tore it up against some Northmen despite the loss. I think in actual battles in war, Jaime has more experience than Sandor.

Come on, guys.

I lean The Hound. They have similar experience and training. The Hound's size and strength make the difference.

I'm not voting this one because this could easily go either way. The only way to decide for me would be to see them actually fight, even for 20 seconds like when the Hound fought his brother and Jaime fought Ned. Just to see how they handle each other.

Another thing to consider is that the young highborn lords have nothing to do but fight and fuck and drink. That's their entire lives. In Book 1, Ned mentions how some of the Vale lords visited to spar. Oberyn visited Casterly Rock. Rhaegar did nothing but travel. The highborn boys all travel around and spar with each other as a hobby. And Jaime probably sparred everyday with Selmy and Dayne. When the lords of Westeros say Jaime Lannister is the best, they're not talking out of their asses. They've known him since he was a kid and he's probably, personally, beat the shit out of them a number of times (besides killing their friends on the battlefield).

This is as close as a fight can get, but Jaime wins it.

Went with The Hound because I think Jamie would end up beating himself. Would think he's way superior and would end up being a bit to cocky for his own good. Hound by eventual decapitation.

The Hound would kill the incest lefty and casually ride off eating 9 chickens. Fuck the King.

Went with The Hound because I think Jamie would end up beating himself. Would think he's way superior and would end up being a bit to cocky for his own good. Hound by eventual decapitation.
That's very possible, but I don't think Jaime would have got this far without taking every fight very seriously. He also mentions The Hound as one of the few men alive he'd have to be at his very best to beat, so he won't be going in to this with the win already pencilled in his mind.

The show is definitely swaying people, even if the Hound hasn't exactly shown a hell of a lot either. Jaime is as good as they come, a step above the Cleganes and not far enough behind physically to lose that advantage.

Lol at Jaime winning. Brienne beat the shit outta him and Bronne is working him in practice.

He also was captured by a teenager.

Back