Best Fighter in GOT Tournament | Round 2 | #3) Jaime Lannister vs #6) The Hound

Very good fight right here. i wouldve loved to have had it happen in the books before Jaime lost his hand.

I picked Jaime because I think his superiority in the skill category overcomes his inferiority in the size/strength department. To add in though, Jaime was and still probably is, much quicker than the hound and in his prime Jaime is described as being very strong in his own right.

Has to be The Hound if we're going by the show. Jaime couldn't even kill Bran while The Hound had no trouble killing that little boy. Also, Tywin's opinion of Jaime vs Ned leads me to believe Jaime would be more concerned with how good he looks fighting than doing whatever it takes to win. Hound doesn't care how he looks, he's only interested in getting the W. Plus The Hound says nothing is sweeter than killing, so I'd bet my money on the one that actually gets off on combat.

This is probably the most difficult match to pick...as of now I'm undecided.

This might end up perfectly divided along book vs show lines.

This is similar to Drogo vs Syrio.

Like Dana White said about Kimbo, "The Hound will always be the toughest guy at the bbq."

Jaime was a tourney fighter. His only confirmed kills are Jory and an old decrepit king with conspiracy issues.

Both in the show and books he won battles and laid siege to one of the great castles. And in the show he fought at Pyke.

"No one can fault Lannister on his courage," Glover said. "When he saw that he was lost, he rallied his retainers and fought his way up the valley, hoping to reach Lord Robb and cut him down. And almost did."
"He mislaid his sword in Eddard Karstark's neck, after he took Torrhen's hand off and split Daryn Hornwood's skull open," Robb said. "All the time he was shouting for me. If they hadn't tried to stop him—"
"—I should then be mourning in place of Lord Karstark," Catelyn said.

Love for the Hound will make this closer than it should be.

I don't think Jaime would have much trouble at all.

Love for the Hound will make this closer than it should be.

I don't think Jaime would have much trouble at all.

Its apparently not going to be close at all.

Hound via fearlessness (sans fire).

If we are talking in this hypothetical prime in between the two, does he get oath keeper that he briefly had? Jaime wins regardless imo, but with Oath Keeper it becomes even more lopsided.

Hound has a cooler name. I mean "Jamie" is one of those names that can go either way. That kinda weirds me out. Jamie probably dates Pat, amirite? Yeah, you know I am. "Hound" though? That's a goddamn animal. That's a man's name. No doubt about it. He could probably throw his sword a quarter mile. So yeah, Hound.

Eh I think the Hound takes it with his superior size/strength, and more important, his complete apathy.

This one is close. I go with Jaime, but he does not leave unscathed.

i know the other characters talk about how great jaime is/was but how good could he be if he cant beat bronn with his left hand. his footwork, reaction time, strategy and other things should still carry him over a random sellsword. i bet the hound could take him with either hand.

theres no way in hell jaime could beat dayne in the next round. he wouldve besmirched bronn while pissing with his right hand.

If we are talking in this hypothetical prime in between the two, does he get oath keeper that he briefly had? Jaime wins regardless imo, but with Oath Keeper it becomes even more lopsided.

Jaimie didn't have Oathkeeper in his prime doe.

Question for everyone/anyone:

Will a Valarian Steel sword just cut thru other swords?
What are its strengths vs. steel blades?

I'll never vote against the Hound, but I think Jamie take this.

This should have been the Championship Bout..:icon_evil

1. rob starks valyrian steal did jack squat against a thug's knives. oathkeeper was able to cut through a book but didn't cut through the table below the book. a valyrian steal knife didn't total f*ck up catelyn starks hand when she bare-hand grabbed it. didn't cut her tendons or bones, or anything. conclusion, hanzu > valyrian steel and valyrian steel highly, highly overrated in actual practice.

2. hound wins by being willing to fight dirty. jaime refuses to fight dirty. only time he fought dirty was pushing bronn out the window and stabbing the mad king in the back. he stopped fighting ned stark when ned got hurt. he got mad when bron bitch slapped him with his own gold hand. jaime fights like a gentleman. hound fights like a rabid dog. rabid dog beats the gentleman.

empiral evidence supports this: dirty fighting >>> gentleman fighting

Back