Best Fighter in GOT Tournament | Finals |1) Barristan Selmy vs 2) Arthur Dayne

My personal winner for the tournament would have been Robert Baratheon. That War-hammer+Rage+Strength+Size+proven Battle experience=most deadly warrior. Robert Baratheon is basically Guts from Berserk with a War-hammer. This would make Rhaegar Targayen Griffith (funnily enough he actually looks like him).

I've been picking non current characters the entire tournament. Time to go with current.

Besides - I think Selmy has that extra quality of badassery required. I couldn't see Dayne dissing the King and Kingsguard like Selmy did when given his pink slip.

My personal winner for the tournament would have been Robert Baratheon. That War-hammer+Rage+Strength+Size+proven Battle experience=most deadly warrior. Robert Baratheon is basically Guts from Berserk with a War-hammer. This would make Rhaegar Targayen Griffith (funnily enough he actually looks like him).

Robert won that fight because it was in the middle of a river, so Rhaegar couldn't maneveur to avoid the hammerblows. Any other situation, and it would be a tossup.

Barristan is 60 and still kicking ass.

Dayne was killed by Ned who is slightly above average and a dude with a frog catching spear.

Robert won that fight because it was in the middle of a river, so Rhaegar couldn't maneveur to avoid the hammerblows. Any other situation, and it would be a tossup.

Where does it say this? Here I thought Robert won because his warhammer crashed through Rhaegar's breastplate so hard that it changed the name of the local geography.

Gotta be Barristan. After Joffery fired him and he said he could cut through all of the King's Guard without his armor and they all knew it was true, you can tell he's a badass.

I havent read the books but whats so great about dawn. To me a sword is a sword the only difference is if one sword can break through the other. If john snows sword couldnt cut through the legends daggers why would dawn cut through a sword made by the best black smith from kings landing.

I havent read the books but whats so great about dawn. To me a sword is a sword the only difference is if one sword can break through the other. If john snows sword couldnt cut through the legends daggers why would dawn cut through a sword made by the best black smith from kings landing.

"Arthur Dayne next fought an extended exchange with him until the Smiling Knight's sword broke. Dayne paused the fight and allowed the outlaw to take a fresh sword. The Smiling Knight did so, but remarked that it was Dayne's famous sword Dawn that he truly desired. Dayne replied "Then you shall have it, ser." In their second exchange, the Smiling Knight was slain."

I had fun with this one but it had the unfortunate issue of being too predictable. After this one is over there's still a few tournaments that we can do;

A B-Level version where some of the GOATs are excluded, one with all the major houses. This was recommended as a good 8 option tournament:

Unsullied
Dothraki
2nd sons
Wildlings
Kingsguard + Gold cloaks (since theres only 7 members of the kingsguard)
Brotherhood without banners
Hill tribes of the Vale
Nights watch

I say we come up with 8 tournament ideas and have a tournament to decide which one we do.

I like that idea. The more tournaments the better imo

Fuck this going with the old bugger , pull the upset old guy

Barristan is 60 and still kicking ass.

Dayne was killed by Ned who is slightly above average and a dude with a frog catching spear.

Barristan would have been dead if Robert hadn't spared him. He was wounded by nobody in particular and close to death when he was taken as a prisoner. The biggest names on the other side of the fight were Robert, Ned, Roose Bolton, and Lyn Corbray... Not to mention the rebels were actually outnumbered.

Mass battles and 7v3 handicap matches aren't a good way to determine individual skill, either way.

Where does it say this? Here I thought Robert won because his warhammer crashed through Rhaegar's breastplate so hard that it changed the name of the local geography.

They fought in the middle of the trident. We know this because rubies from his breastplate were found in the trident. I don't have to read it on paper to know that fighting in the middle of a big river restricts movement. Robert's greatest strength is his ... strength. That sort of thing is harder to avoid if your movement is restricted. Rhaegar was much better with the lance, and could have easily skewered robert if it was single combat in an open field. He was also handy enough with a sword, supposedly, and would certainly have done better outside the river. It's no coincidence that Robert's best performance (Trident battle) was the setting which let him use his strength most easily.

Dayne and company killed some of the best northerners in the TOJ.

Ser Arthur would easily make short work of Ned and Howland individually.

Dayne and company killed some of the best northerners in the TOJ.

Ser Arthur would easily make short work of Ned and Howland individually.

So would Selmy, Ned admits as much in the show.

And rhaegar, who wasnt as good as dayne or selmy, was still able to wound robert. .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back