Best Fighter in GOT Tournament | Bronze | 3) Jaime Lannister vs 4) Robert Baratheon

Yet Jon Conn believed killing Robert would finish the rebellion. Aerys saw Robert was the greatest threat since the Blackfyres.

It would be naive to assume Robert didn't have his own retinue watching his back during the battle as well. Like Robb Stark had. Robert inspired loyalty.

We have no way of knowing if Darry and Barristan were with Rhaegar its a very reasonable speculation at least 1 was though.

We have no way of knowing how fresh either was at the point they met. Rhaegar could have commanded Darry or Selmy to step aside if it came to it.

The book says they came together at the Ruby Ford. Its just as possible Rhaegar was fighting to get to Robert as Robert to get to him.

Again speculation and I don't see either as any more likely than the other.

Again, though, Robert wasn't an elected position. Jon Arryn called the banners. It was only called Robert's Rebellion after the fact. During the Rebellion, Robert was just a guy on the battlefield. He inspired loyalty because he was a beast and charismatic. Charisma doesn't get you an honor guard. Robb Stark was a King. Kingship will get you an honor guard.

If Jon Connington killed Robert, Jon Arryn would've appointed a new commander. JonCon was young and hopped up on hormones, by his own account.

I think saying that Rhaegar wouldn't have an honor guard would require a leap of logic. They just let the heir to the Iron Throne prance around the battlefield by himself? At the very least, being on horseback, he'd have to be embedded in a cavalry unit. An elite cavalry unit. None of those guys were told to guard the Prince with their lives?

Rhaegar was a Prince first and a warrior second. He had three commanders with him for a reason.

Again, though, Robert wasn't an elected position. Jon Arryn called the banners. It was only called Robert's Rebellion after the fact. During the Rebellion, Robert was just a guy on the battlefield. He inspired loyalty because he was a beast and charismatic. Charisma doesn't get you an honor guard. Robb Stark was a King. Kingship will get you an honor guard.

If Jon Connington killed Robert, Jon Arryn would've appointed a new commander. JonCon was young and hopped up on hormones, by his own account.

I think saying that Rhaegar wouldn't have an honor guard would require a leap of logic. They just let the heir to the Iron Throne prance around the battlefield by himself? At the very least, being on horseback, he'd have to be embedded in a cavalry unit. An elite cavalry unit. None of those guys were told to guard the Prince with their lives?

Rhaegar was a Prince first and a warrior second. He had three commanders with him for a reason.

If it wasn't roberts rebellion?

In bold. If it was after the fact.

You are twisting things to fit your narrative.

I'm picking Robert. Dude was beast on the battle field and

in the book Jamie was useless with his left hand compared to the show

LOL at 18 people thinking a cripple would defeat robert fucking baratheon

I will go with Jamie winning round one, and robert winning round two.
Not really sure why, I have to admit.

Back