Best Fighter in GOT Tournament | Bronze | 3) Jaime Lannister vs 4) Robert Baratheon

The fooking legend of gin alley better be in the next tournament and not one knight will be left standing.

Is it really fair to put a fucking legend against all those c***s in steel plate? Fucking cowards.

I'm kinda rooting for Jaime to win that one now because it would fuck up the entire hierarchy.

That would ruin everything.

I will fix the next one if I have to....

Jaimie wins in 1st scenario based on speed and skill.

Robert wins in the second scenario because, with neither one having much skill, his power will win out.

But remember that Jaimie is supposed to be about the same height as Robert (6' 6"). Maybe not as strong, but this isn't a David and Goliath fight.

I think a lot of people are mistaking Jaime for a purely finesse fighter. There are probably only a few guys in all the kingdom that are stronger than him. Dude is as much of a mix of speed and strength as anyone

I think it's the night before the semifinals of the tourney of the hand. Robert wants to fight in the melee and gets pissy about it. Jaime is unlucky enough to be in his way. In that same 24 hour period, the Hound gets piss drunk, tells off Sansa, unhorses Jaime the next morning (maybe because his bum was sore from the launching) and fights the Mountain to a standstill 20 minutes after that. Off topic, but pretty impressive.

I think youre remembering things a little wrong.

#1 is a complete toss up imo. If Jamie can avoid the big shot he cuts Robert down piece by piece. That said Robert won a kingdom landing that big shot, so who the hell knows.

#2 Robert smashes Jamie.

Jaimie wins in 1st scenario based on speed and skill.

Robert wins in the second scenario because, with neither one having much skill, his power will win out.

But remember that Jaimie is supposed to be about the same height as Robert (6' 6"). Maybe not as strong, but this isn't a David and Goliath fight.

Where did you hear that Jaime is 6' 6"?

Also, while Jaime is the most skilled swordsman in Westeros, his skill advantage isn't as big as Robert's size/strength advantage. Robert is an extremely skilled fighter. Even if they were both using swords, this would be a close fight.

I think youre remembering things a little wrong.

I know all that shit with the hound happens in that sequence, but I can't say with certainty that Robert did that on the same night. I'll listen to those chapters again. I'm pretty sure we get a Sansa chapter of the night before followed by an Eddard chapter on the day of the tourney.

"The great knight....I can still knock you into the dirt. Remember that kingslayer" He slapped his chest with his jeweled goblet, splashing wine all over his satin tunic. "Give me my hammer and not a man in the realm can stand against me"

fucking lol.

But anyways, that's the night before the semis.

I think I remember Ned saying that. Which isn't surprising. "Most" swordsman includes everyone from Meryn Fucking Trant to volunteer gold cloaks. I doubt he could handle his warhammer as well as the elite swordsman.

Still, he was good enough with a sword to completely destroy a prime Jon Connington. The fact that he was better enough with a warhammer to choose that as his primary is terrifying.

With regards to the weapon specs from the books, George works with a website to recreate the weapons and uses it as a chance to retcon some of the more cartoonish stuff in the books after he does some research. Here's a replica of Robert's Warhammer that, according to GRRM, itakes precedence over the book description:

http://www.valyriansteel.com/shop/swords/king-roberts-warhammer/prod_14.html

10 pounds, almost 4 feet long. Less than a foot shorter than Ice and half a foot longer than Longclaw.

Robert was fucking terrifying.

Jin Connington didnt get destroyed

^Fuckin awesome.

Though it didn't have the same feels, the loss of Robert was a bigger blow to the series than Ned's beheading. Can you imagine how many gems we'd have if we got to see Robert for just one more book? Maybe a scene with Stannis. Lulz...

Jin Connington didnt get destroyed

My bad. Connington said Robert nearly killed him, but that could mean a lot of things. The wiki says they never met on the battlefield, so maybe Jon just saw him coming and scurried away.

My bad. Connington said Robert nearly killed him, but that could mean a lot of things. The wiki says they never met on the battlefield, so maybe Jon just saw him coming and scurried away.

He came out of the whorehouse in Stoney Sept and nearly killed him; and that's from Connington himself.

I think Robert wins both...he 100% destroys Jamie even when he's fat if Jamie is without his sword hand.

Now, when I say Robert wins both, I say he wins more often than not, but it's close. Just like all the top guys are close. It would not be shocking or even surprising if Jamie won in primes.

I think there is some under-appreciation of Jaime's skills and over-exaggeration of Robert's.

The exact passage relating to strength is when Jaime is fighting Brienne -
She is stronger than I am. The realization chilled him. Robert had been stronger than him, to be sure. The White Bull Gerold Hightower as well, in his heyday, and Ser Arthur Dayne. Amongst the living, Greatjon Umber was stronger, Strongboar of Crakehall most likely, both Cleganes for a certainty. The Mountain

I think there is some under-appreciation of Jaime's skills and over-exaggeration of Robert's.

You're right. Successfully de-throning Aerys Targaryen, slaying his son who was on par with Arthur Dayne and Barristan Selmy in one-on-one combat and being such a force of a warrior that your poor leadership skills are immediately dismissed when an entire war is named after you and doing what a combination of Robb Stark, Stannis Baratheon, Daenerys and three living dragons couldn't do with Justin Bieber at the throne must all be over-stated.

And despite what some have said, Jon Connington tried to find a LONE Robert in Stoney Sept and when the forces were equal, he turned his tail and retreated. It's also said that Robert tried to find Jon as well but they never crossed swords.

Most agree that during Robert's Rebellion, his rage from Lyanna being captured made him much more deadly and viable as a combatant. (Gee Rob Stark, your sisters must not have meant that much to you)

Back