Best Fighter in GOT Tournament | Bronze | 3) Jaime Lannister vs 4) Robert Baratheon

Bobby B two times until Sunday.

Jaime was great, but Robert won a throne based on how badass he was. It wasn't the North Rebellion or the War of Baratheon. It was Robert's Rebellion. He was never unhorsed. He never lost a fight. He wielded a hammer so large and heavy with one hand that Ned could barely lift with both.

Sam Tarly's dad sent Robert running and Jon Connington had him hiding like a chump. Robert's butt buddy had to save him.

Jaime is for the most part a can crusher. He's like what Mousasi was before he went to the UFC. Based on how well he did against cans, people thought he could hang with the best. The thing is, even with both hands he was going blow for blow with old Ned. That was his toughest fight to that point.

Jaime probably had more war experience than most of the fan favorites including The Hound.

When Robert wanted Rhaegar dead, an army of Targaryens and Barristan Selmy couldn't stand between him. When Jaime wanted Robb Stark dead, it took a small group of nobodies to stop him and Robb didn't even have to lift his sword. Oh and they were trying NOT to kill Jaime whereas half the kingdom wanted Robert dead at the Trident.

They weren't trying not to kill Jaime. Jaime was just whooping up on Northmen.

Old Vitor on TRT or off?

"Old" Vitor

BSMFhnU.png

Gods know what he was on.

Robert in both. Tons of stories of Jamie doing well in tourneys an such. But Prime Rob dominated on the battlefield.

So really, after all this, we're not going to do a propper semi final between Lannister and Dayne?

Well...Jaime, Barristan and Dayne are all kinda cut from the same cloth, with GRRM saying that Dayne and Selmy are the best swordsmen. Between that and the fact that Dayne also has the superior weapon (Dawn), is it even necessary?

The whole thing is unnecessary.

Dayne beats Selmy in the final...........everyone knew that from the start. It's the debate which is the fun part.

Dayne beats Selmy in the final...........everyone knew that from the start. It's the debate which is the fun part.

Probably true. I'm honestly more interested in the B-League tourney.

Tough call. I think robert takes scenario 2 everytime. Jamie is too inept with left only at this point. In scenario 1, I am torn. I think Jamie's skill and speed edge him over robert just a bit.

By no means a blowout, either way. With room to move, I think Jamie is able to avoid the war hammer.

Robert would win both because Jaime cares too much about honor.

:icon_lol:

Tho Jaime has definately done some questionable things in the books/series.. I will point out that when it came to fighting it has been shown that Jaime does, for whatever reason, practice with a bit of honor -2 examples that are at least hinted at are him refusing to kill Nedd in the courtyard after his leg was hamstrung and while practicing with Bronn and Bronn schools him using a low brow tactic. Bronn even calls Jaime out on that after Jaime complains about it.

Its been shown time and again throughout this series, even in small doses, that actually fighting with honor can get you killed and is nothing more than storybook bullshit. Bronn killing the Knight in the Veil and Jon Snow struggling with the Legend of Gin Alley are 2 solid examples of this. And for whatever reason, there are some characters that insist on fighting with honor -not sure how far prime Jaime goes with that, but there is a little something to it with him at the very least.

I think I remember Ned saying that. Which isn't surprising. "Most" swordsman includes everyone from Meryn Fucking Trant to volunteer gold cloaks. I doubt he could handle his warhammer as well as the elite swordsman.

Still, he was good enough with a sword to completely destroy a prime Jon Connington. The fact that he was better enough with a warhammer to choose that as his primary is terrifying.

With regards to the weapon specs from the books, George works with a website to recreate the weapons and uses it as a chance to retcon some of the more cartoonish stuff in the books after he does some research. Here's a replica of Robert's Warhammer that, according to GRRM, itakes precedence over the book description:

http://www.valyriansteel.com/shop/swords/king-roberts-warhammer/prod_14.html

10 pounds, almost 4 feet long. Less than a foot shorter than Ice and half a foot longer than Longclaw.

Robert was fucking terrifying.

Cool. Yeah thats what I figured.

lol @ some of the overpriced stuff on that website tho.

Lol...Drunk Robert launching Jaime is one of my favorite scenes in the entire series. That shit was lulz. Even funnier when I think that they're all about the same age and have known each other for decades. To everyone else, Jaime is the feared Kingslayer, the sword prodigy, the Golden Lion of Lannister.

To Frat Boy Bobby B, he's a fucking dweeb. Probably been beating his ass in melees for years.
When did this happen? Lol gonna have to go back and watch it

When did this happen? Lol gonna have to go back and watch it

I think it's the night before the semifinals of the tourney of the hand. Robert wants to fight in the melee and gets pissy about it. Jaime is unlucky enough to be in his way. In that same 24 hour period, the Hound gets piss drunk, tells off Sansa, unhorses Jaime the next morning (maybe because his bum was sore from the launching) and fights the Mountain to a standstill 20 minutes after that. Off topic, but pretty impressive.

Tho Jaime has definately done some questionable things in the books/series.. I will point out that when it came to fighting it has been shown that Jaime does, for whatever reason, practice with a bit of honor -2 examples that are at least hinted at are him refusing to kill Nedd in the courtyard after his leg was hamstrung and while practicing with Bronn and Bronn schools him using a low brow tactic. Bronn even calls Jaime out on that after Jaime complains about it.

Its been shown time and again throughout this series, even in small doses, that actually fighting with honor can get you killed and is nothing more than storybook bullshit. Bronn killing the Knight in the Veil and Jon Snow struggling with the Legend of Gin Alley are 2 solid examples of this. And for whatever reason, there are some characters that insist on fighting with honor -not sure how far prime Jaime goes with that, but there is a little something to it with him at the very least.
Thank you, although I should've clarified that Jaime cares too much about honor when fighting.

Game of Thrones IS storybook

I know, I just legitimately forgot that the thread for them wasn't made. It'll be up after this one is over.

I know, I just legitimately forgot that the thread for them wasn't made. It'll be up after this one is over.

I'm kinda rooting for Jaime to win that one now because it would fuck up the entire hierarchy.

Jaimie wins in 1st scenario based on speed and skill.

Robert wins in the second scenario because, with neither one having much skill, his power will win out.

But remember that Jaimie is supposed to be about the same height as Robert (6' 6"). Maybe not as strong, but this isn't a David and Goliath fight.

Back