Best fighter books to purchase?

aam

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I have read Matt Hughes and few other fighters book's. Was wondering what everyone's favorites or some of the better ones to pick up were? Thanks for any input.

I skimmed through Forrest's first book a long time ago and I thought it was funny/interesting

I skimmed through Forrest's first book a long time ago and I thought it was funny/interesting

Ya I have yet to read that one. I can imagine it would be extremely entertaining though.

Chuck's was decent.

Chael's book is def worth reading. I found it quite funny.

Chael's book is def worth reading. I found it quite funny.

This!

Its pretty funny, I cant imagine any other fighters book being better.

I imagine Jens Pulvers book would be good, due to what he went through in his life, but I haven't read it.

There's always the book by Dana White's Mom...

Or else Tank Abbott's novels.

There's always the book by Dana White's Mom...

Or else Tank Abbott's novels.

lol I doubt I'd enjoy that 1000 page trilogy with a typo on the cover (unless that is the whole point, to show he is breaking a spelling rule. hmm.)

qpz4J.jpg

Chuck's is OK, very poorly edited though. Randy's is pretty honest I think, doesn't try to downplay the fact that he's a man-whore. Forest's first book is good, second is hilarious. Chael's is awesome, right down to the forward written by Jesus. Just starting Buffer's book now.

lol I doubt I'd enjoy that 1000 page trilogy with a typo on the cover (unless that is the whole point, to show he is breaking a spelling rule. hmm.)

It's intentional.

i enjoyed Jens Pulvers book LIttle Evil
his second book looks like some dodgy Christian group therapy shit
$_35.JPG

not a fighters book specifically, but the MMA book i have enjoyed most is Clyde Gentry's No Holds Barred
512hKwhEeWL._.jpg

I recently saw on iTunes they had I think Chuck's, Big John's, Hughes' books in the iOS ebook format.

I want to read the Enson Inoue book that's supposed to be sold on Amazon.

the majority of MMA books I have read I found to be horrible. Griffin's, Hughes', Couture's, Ortiz', and Liddell's were all attrocious.

Pulver's and Stann's were both good, but they were good for the non-MMA stuff.

Matt Hughes' book makes me think he's secretly a sociopathic serial killer.

I've read Pulver's and Ian Freeman's autobiographies.

They were both okay. Freeman's is a bit selective ... it (obviously) ends on his fight with Frank Mir - but misses a lot of his losses leading up to that fight. So the ending makes it sound like he's the undefeated heavyweight champ.

Chael's was by far the best MMA fighter's autobio/memoir I've read. Funny, intelligent, well-written. Chuck's was enjoyable, too. BJ's was forgettable. I read both of Saku's autobios and liked them very much.

A Fighter's Heart by Sam Sheridan was written by a professional, so it was pretty good, but it focused a lot on sports I care for considerably less than MMA, so it wasn't my favorite. If you love boxing and/or Muay Thai in addition to MMA, it could be worth your while to read it.

Got to get around to GSP's one of these days.

I've heard griffin's is good but i was rather smash my toes on a coffee table than give that guy my money. I'd rather stand on an upturned plug.

Back