Best Feel Good Moments in the UFC?

Tate putting Holm to sleep in round 5 of a fight she was losing.

Well if your gonna go WMMA and Tate...

Recall Tate v Zingano when Misha pushed off Cat's face between rounds and Zingano just lit her the fuck up then next round for a beautiful finish.... Cat's finish of Nunes was also a brutal satisfying shocker.

With some of the negative news going around, I thought it would be fun to take it the other direction. Share your favorite feel good moments in the UFC.

nintchdbpict000327576155-e1496005208742.jpg

Gustafson proposes after his KO victory over Glover Texeira.

jose-aldo-ufc-on-fox-30.jpg

Jose Aldo catches career second wind in ko victory over Jeremy Stephens after suffering a series of brutal losses. After the fight, an emotional Aldo is hoisted into the air by his corner.

uriah-hall-anderson-silva-ufc.jpg

MMA legend Anderson Silva parts ways with the UFC. After losing to Uriah Hall, the two fighters show respect to each other in the center of the octagon.

1610098_822176174462595_5983544965455515957_n.0.0.jpg

Maddux Maple was diagnosed with acute lymphocytic leukemia at the age of five, and he credits UFC superstar Cody Garbrandt with helping him beat the disease. Both Garbrandt and Maple are from the tiny Ohio town of Uhrichsville, and thanks to an introduction by Garbrandt's brother, the two became friends.

Cody is a good lad for doing that.

My contribution:

Well if your gonna go WMMA and Tate...

Recall Tate v Zingano when Misha pushed off Cat's face between rounds and Zingano just lit her the fuck up then next round for a beautiful finish.... Cat's finish of Nunes was also a brutal satisfying shocker.
Nunes blew her wad in round 1. It was a great finish and performance by Zingano, but Zingano was on her way to winning a decision anyways.

Tate/Zingano was sort of killed by it being a bad stoppage. It was really just a replica of Sakuraba/Conan:

sak-gif.272275

The ref stopped the fight as Tate dropped to go for a takedown:

82sY.gif

While Tate didn't protest the stoppage, she is a warrior, and would have kept fighting.

Also kind of ridiculous how Sakuraba/Conan 1 is officially a no contest, whereas tons of other early stoppages (ie: Shane Nelson v Aaron Riley 1), are still on the books. I think Dober/Silva may be one of the only modern fights overturned due to a premature stoppage.

Nunes blew her wad in round 1. It was a great finish and performance by Zingano, but Zingano was on her way to winning a decision anyways.

Tate/Zingano was sort of killed by it being a bad stoppage. It was really just a replica of Sakuraba/Conan:

sak-gif.272275

The ref stopped the fight as Tate dropped to go for a takedown:

82sY.gif

While Tate didn't protest the stoppage, she is a warrior, and would have kept fighting.

Also kind of ridiculous how Sakuraba/Conan 1 is officially a no contest, whereas tons of other early stoppages (ie: Shane Nelson v Aaron Riley 1), are still on the books. I think Dober/Silva may be one of the only modern fights overturned due to a premature stoppage.

I distinctly remember Tate winning the 1st round and arguably the 2nd as well. While the stoppage was controversial, IIRC the size disparity was evident and was gassing Tate out in the scrambles and she was slowing in the 3rd. Tate has said she'd have fought 125 if it had been available and I think she'd have given Shevchenko a good fight in her prime.

It's not UFC, but

Sean O'Connell winning the PFL tournament and getting 1 million dollars is one of my favorite feel-good moments in mma. Louis Taylor getting it done was pretty cool, too.

Tito/Bader

My pick would be Cowboy's win at UFC's 25th anniversary and breaking the record for most wins and most finishes in the UFC. As a huge Cowboy fan, that's one of my proudest moments. Seeing his grandma in there with the crowd giving him a standing ovation.

He may not get to raise his hands with a UFC title at the center of the octagon, but he did get to raise his hands with his first child in there, which truly weighs more at the end of day. And that scene will live on forever.

I liked this too.
Also Thug Rose beating JJ and Dillishaw with Barao.

With some of the negative news going around, I thought it would be fun to take it the other direction. Share your favorite feel good moments in the UFC.

nintchdbpict000327576155-e1496005208742.jpg

Gustafson proposes after his KO victory over Glover Texeira.
I'm not trying to troll your positive thread but i have always been annoyed by people that propose to their significant other at their profession like Gus did after a big win! You know what i am getting at?

It just seems incredibly selfish and i can't imagine any girl finding it romantic at all. Yes they are put on the spot and put on a brave face but I'm sure they would rather have it another way, more romantic.

- I'll come back with some positive vibes after i think of some.. haha needed to get that off my chest, feel better now

I'm not trying to troll your positive thread but i have always been annoyed by people that propose to their significant other at their profession like Gus did after a big win! You know what i am getting at?

It just seems incredibly selfish and i can't imagine any girl finding it romantic at all. Yes they are put on the spot and put on a brave face but I'm sure they would rather have it another way, more romantic.

- I'll come back with some positive vibes after i think of some.. haha needed to get that off my chest, feel better now
Yeah I get what you’re saying. It’s not the way I’d do it either. But she seemed happy so I guess different strokes for different folks

Tate putting Holm to sleep in round 5 of a fight she was losing.

Tate wasn't losing. Holm had won three 10-9 rounds, sure, but Tate's round was 10-8, and she was winning the fifth round before the finish. The best Holm could have hoped for was a tie, and she would have lost outright if round five had also been 10-8.

miesha-tate-holly-holm-ufc-196-scorecard.jpg

Tate wasn't losing. Holm had won three 10-9 rounds, sure, but Tate's round was 10-8, and she was winning the fifth round before the finish. The best Holm could have hoped for was a tie, and she would have lost outright if round five had also been 10-8.

miesha-tate-holly-holm-ufc-196-scorecard.jpg
Excellent points. Though I don't agree that Tate was winning round 5 before the finish. Per fightmetric significant strikes were 17-8 Holm in round 5: http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/7ffd80b65b0ff942

Chiesa winning TUF after his dad passed away while he was in the house.

Jose Aldo winning the belt in the WEC. (Bonus: the video of Aldo buying a suit for the first time)

Bisping finally winning the belt after a lifetime of work.

Even though I didn't feel that great in the moment... Chris Weidman thanking Anderson Silva for accepting the fight after he won, "I can feed my family now because of you."

Back