Best/favorite academy name

DMcKayBJJ

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What is the best name for a grappling academy that you've heard?

Alternatively, if you were opening a grappling school or starting a grappling club, what would you name it?

i like the one i am using when i open one
tudo bem bjj
it means "everythings fine"
i think it lays out what grappling is all about..."everythings fine " to me means come and do bjj, sambo, wrestling, judo and any other grappling technique we can find from any martial art

"Rickson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu" seems to work pretty well where I train.

Okay, how about "Balls Out Freestyle Combat Club" ??? :eek:

Relson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy.

The Jiu-Jitsu Academy of Combat Arts is pretty good.

I think a fight gym called Asskickers needs to exist. Team Ownage would be nice also.

Didn't Carl Netwon call it "DragonBall Jiu Jit Su"?

That sounded cool!

Wolverine
///

Straight Blast is pretty cool sounding, I think.

I always liked the name American Kickboxing Academy...I dunno why though...just seems so professional and stuff.

Bob's House of Ass Kicking.

Works best if nobody there is named Bob.

trap6kh.png

Yeah, I think 10th Planet is original, at least because of the myth behind it (and I don't mean Eddie Bravo).

And even though it's not terribly original, I have to admit that saying that you train at "Rickson Gracie Jiu Jitsu Academy" or any other eponymous academy for that matter, sounds pretty cool.

Ones like "Uncle Joe's Grappling Shack" are pretty funny, too, although I'm not sure that would be a wise business move for a school (maybe OK for a club).

I also like the more formal/scientific sounding ones, like one I saw somewhere called "The Lab." Other ideas would be, "The Institute of Submission Fighting Arts" or "West Coast Ground Combat Academy."

We had a 'Team Torture' around here somewhere, I thought it was funny when one of the kids gave me a business card that says 'Team Torture'.
I agree with 'Rickson Gracie Jiu Jitsu' his name just screams bad ass, and most of it is because people know how good he is and how tough his school has been.
'Gracie Barra' also has tons of great fighters and good school recognition.

I'm sure everyone knows about bjj.org, but here is the link to their recognized academys.
http://www.bjj.org/academies/

not to thread hijack or anything but we could pick the coolest design too start here
http://www.bjj.org/logo-gallery.html

'Wolf Pack BJJ' is a cool name (in florida).
'Alliance' is cool
'Tokyo Joe's Studio of Self Defense' i thought this was funny in NH, I know the food is good!

I like 'ground control jiu jitsu' or 'ground control Academy'.

Back