Best Fast Food French Fries

kfc fries
1158396410_1362994153.jpg

Dayum, they look nothing like the fries KFC do in the UK which absolutely suck...

chips600.jpg

At one point Good Times probably had the best french fries with their special sauce before switching to an all natural process or some sort.

For me, it's Smash Fries from Smash Burgers and when fresh McDs, they're plain but delicous.

5 guy's has the best, but I don't really consider them old school, fast food Drive Thru.

McDonalds has the best fries, w/ Jack In The Box curly fries, coming in second.

I like potatoes. But potatoes with seasoning? Now that's something I can get behind.

Fair enough. I don't really need my fries to be aggressively seasoned with cajun or some other type to enjoy the taste of potatoes. A little salt is simply enough.

If mcd's is winning its from people who have never been to whataburger, they're like the exact same but fresh and taste better.

Lol at anyone voting for in n out, their fries taste like lightly salted compressed sawdust.

For mainstream fast food, I like McDonald's when they're done right. Nice and crisp.

If you're in the SF bay area, I like Burgermeister fries.

l.jpg

Old school BK fries were the absolute tits, not to mention they stuffed a shit ton. Nowadays a large fry is a joke, they give you such paltry amounts of them.

Anyone remember bucket-sized fries at Mickey Ds in the 90s? Fucking dream come true :)

For me, surface area to mass ratio is the key to a good french fry. So I like places with thinner fries. McDonalds or Steak N' Shake are my favorite. Steak fries or potato wedges are gross. The only thicker fry I can tolerate is a crinkle-cut style due to superior surface area.

Dayum, they look nothing like the fries KFC do in the UK which absolutely suck...

chips600.jpg

Those kind of look like the fries we get here as well, pale like yours.

There must be some kind of seasoning on the other one, to make it look a little more golden brown.

So, not really the same chip. Or it could be the lighting of the pic.

Just toss on some of that KFC gravy, and it'll all taste great.

I'm a huge wataburger fry fan, but if you're adding spread, I'm all in n out animal style

A lot of fast food places it just depends, McDonald's fresh fries are great but there's no guarantee haha I'll pick checkers I guess, been awhile since I've had them though. Whataburgers suck, Wendy's suck. Jack in the box and Arby's curly fries are alright.

Whataburger
whataburger-french-fries-photo-u1.jpg

Jack In The Box
arbys-curley-fries.jpg

1447cb6939e1a713_jackcurlyfries.larger.jpg

Checkers/Rallys
tumblr_m2bxei5X6O1qd591mo1_400.jpg

Why are the Jack In The Box fries in an Arbys box?

I like the Hardees and Arbys curly fries. I can't compare them to all of those listed because I haven't tried some of the ones that aren't available nationwide.

McDonald's. It's pretty much the only thing they do better than other places actually, besides having more staff on hand and being more consistent.

They do have some badass french fries though.

honorable mention to Freddy's, In 'N Out and Hamburger Stand.

Back