Best EFN 50 comments

That guy is an instant legend. I could not stop laughing. They're calling him "MMA Borat" over at Reddit MMA and the guy's already a full-fledged meme.

I hope he replaces Rogan in the UFC when Joe's contract is up and I'm only half-kidding.

"Here comes a-da Miesha Tate and she is looking a-very busty, very big butty. And of course she is-a da champion and she is very good fighter, too."

That guy is an instant legend. I could not stop laughing. They're calling him "MMA Borat" over at Reddit MMA and the guy's already a full-fledged meme.

I hope he replaces Rogan in the UFC when Joe's contract is up and I'm only half-kidding.

"Here comes a-da Miesha Tate and she is looking a-very busty, very big butty. And of course she is-a da champion and she is very good fighter, too."
"She is very technical for a woman. Which is rare!"

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/e...ussion-17-june-11am-et-8am-pt-4pm-uk.3268843/

Honest to God, these quotes are real. The commentator really did say all this shit. I thought he did a fantastic job as an ESL speaker and called the fights with genuine enthusiasm, decent knowledge, and brutal honesty.
He called it as he saw it for the most part. And you could tell he was into every fight. Straight up 6 hours of him speaking his 2nd language and not even realizing what a legend he was becoming.

Hes been on the EFN cards for a while now, and he has always said funny things, but he really went off the rails today.. its a bit like he is imitating speaking english.

I think it might have something to do with the enormous long broadcast as well, and you just become a bit "overfatigued" after a while and he is alone as well.. so he has to keep talking, and talking.

Last edited:
Hes been on the EFN cards for a while now, and he has always said funny things, but he really went off today.. its a bit like he is imitating speaking english.
At some points I was like "he has to be trolling us" haha it is like he has solid understanding of English but just mangled phrases in epic ways. Pretty endearing.

the commentator was fucking great, charming as hell lol 10/10 at some of the stuff he said

My favorite parts were:

"It was a sparkling attack!"

"Tremendous!"

"I apologise for using this word excellent so much!"

But also when he has an imaginary dialogue with the audience. "What do you think about this? I think this this is...!"

"What do you think about the women fighting? I think this was the most attractive part of UFC!"

"What do you think about the trash talking? I don't like the Americans like Conor McGregor!"

And of course he completely lost himself in the Fedor fight. When Fedor started to come back into the fight he was screaming "YES!!!!!" And eventually he was shouting "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY!!!"

Is he always this entertaining?
His demeanor and "take" on aspects of fighting and human interaction are interesting and amusing. Plus he speaks very clearly!

After EFN, watching Jimmy Smith on Bellator right now just isn't doing it for me. Understanding of the fight game and clear English is just ruining these fights. Might have been more celebs tho in St. Petersburg

Some more quotes of GOAT commentator taken from the reddit discussion:

"when he fought that... I don't remember that Indian guy's name"

"Very good kicks.......but not THAT one, of course".

"Elbows only to the body? That's surprising."

"They crushed each others faces into blood"

"Purple belt in BJJ means he knows wrestling"

"Eeehhh...I don't know where it is. In France, maybe?"

"Sparkling fight"

"I feel pain when I see his face."

"Khabib, our legend. Not a legend, but a star."

"I don't want to mention his losses to (proceeds to list the guys that beat Fedor anyway) but that is history now."

"Excellent overhand...but not good"

"It was a good try for Aliev to kick his opponents head."

"He reminds me the big country.... except he doesn't have the beard or the hair"

"He started to throw booms"

Supposedly the translator called Peter Graham as Peter Griffin but I didn't catch that, hilarious if true though

I missed Joe Roganov :(

Back