Best Comedy from the years 2000-2010

What is your favorite comedy movie of the 00's (2000-2010)

• Total voters
Havent watched most of those movies so i dont know guys ... voted for Anchorman yet Jackass is my fav

Went with Grandma's Boy. I can't believe that only got one star, yet some of these dog shit Melissa McCarthy movies get more. Wedding Crashers was great too, though i thought it dragged on a bit too long. Strong poll, TS.

J.P.-Uses-His-Machine-Gun-Middle-Fingers-In-Grandmas-Boy.gif

Then why do you keep making re-makes that are just dumbed down?

Because we can. We actually have large amounts of money that allow us to make shitty AND great movies. It doesn't even matter if they don't do well in the US, because for whatever reason China and Europe love our garbage, I.e. Warcraft.

good choices.

i want to vote for 11 off the choices.

Because we can. We actually have large amounts of money that allow us to make shitty AND great movies. It doesn't even matter if they don't do well in the US, because for whatever reason China and Europe love our garbage, I.e. Warcraft.
I'll give you that.
Having loads of cash and no creativity isn't a great thing, though.
The USA does make some great ones, but the audience is very self centered.
All the crap super-hero movies and so on.

I'll give you that.
Having loads of cash and no creativity isn't a great thing, though.
The USA does make some great ones, but the audience is very self centered.
All the crap super-hero movies and so on.

Every audience is "self centered." Do you actually think a movie about an American war hero is going to do as well in Germany as it will in America? Audiences have to be able to relate to what they're watching.

Every audience is "self centered." Do you actually think a movie about an American war hero is going to do as well in Germany as it will in America? Audiences have to be able to relate to what they're watching.
Not really what I meant.
More in the sense how this thread shows, quite obviously, how the audience is mostly following the mainstream.
Just like I would not rank Britney Spears above many good artists, just on how many records she sold.

Edit: carry on, though.
Don't let my view on things ruin a fun thread.

Not really what I meant.
More in the sense how this thread shows, quite obviously, how the audience is mostly following the mainstream.
Just like I would not rank Britney Spears above many good artists, just on how many records she sold.

Edit: carry on, though.
Don't let my view on things ruin a fun thread.

In terms of American films, he compiled a pretty impeccable list. The fact that we don't have any of your personal faves doesn't change that, either. Those are all great, funny movies.

In terms of American films, he compiled a pretty impeccable list. The fact that we don't have any of your personal faves doesn't change that, either. Those are all great, funny movies.
Sure, I was just pointing out how one-sided it was.
I was not expecting seeing some of my favorites there.

Sure, I was just pointing out how one-sided it was.
I was not expecting seeing some of my favorites there.

Then aren't you being the one that is narrow minded and self centered? This is an American website, why should we be expected to be talking about comedy movies where the cast doesn't speak English? I could see if we were talking about Drama's, but comedies... come on man.

That's like going to France and calling everybody around me selfish and narrow minded, because they're not speaking English.

Please change the poll options so we can pick our top 3.

IMO one of the better decades for comedy movies. Which one was your favorite? Mine is probably SuperBad.

I'm torn between SuperBad and 40 Year Old Virgin. Both movies made me laugh until I cried. Tough pick. Surprised to see they were both on the poll though.

heh heh, on the poll.

Back