Best Classes in NY?

3nlightened

White Belt
Reaction score
What is the top 5 classes for Muay Thai in NY? Can you also give the price of these classes and what other classes are given within the Muay Thai Gym(BJJ, Boxing, Judo, etc,) if possible?

Edit:I'm willing to pay 150-200 so expenses isn't much of a problem for me.

Last edited:
What is the top 5 classes for Muay Thai in NY? Can you also give the price of these classes and what other classes are given within the Muay Thai Gym(BJJ, Boxing, Judo, etc,) if possible?

Downstate: Serra-Longo

Central NY: Team Bombsquad

Western NY:good luck finding much...... Team Ascension/ WNY MMA

Prices: More than you would like.

there are many strictly muay thai and boxing gyms all over ny city, many with good competition....even some tiger shulmans have legit fighters....

Bellmore kickboxing seem to be producing some all around great mma fighters..Dennis bermudez, La flare, some others fighting in other orgs..

Everything is $$$...

The real question what can I get for the most bang for the buck.

NYC?

Sitan, Five points academy, The Wat, Coban's and Evolution Muay Thai are considered the best.

Sitan is around 150+Fee no contract and has tkd for more.
FPA is around 210+150 Fee with enforcement and referral discounts three month contract, has judo, kali, BJJ and kettle bell with a gym.
The Wat is 188+100 Fee but give discounts to students and enforcements. Muay Thai and boxing is offered.
Coban's is from 155-200 with Fee depending on which program you select. They offer BJJ

Evolution last time I went was 165 for MT No contract but offers BJJ for more.

NYC?

Sitan, Five points academy, The Wat, Coban's and Evolution Muay Thai are considered the best.

Sitan is around 150+Fee no contract and has tkd for more.
FPA is around 210+150 Fee with enforcement and referral discounts three month contract, has judo, kali, BJJ and kettle bell with a gym.
The Wat is 188+100 Fee but give discounts to students and enforcements. Muay Thai and boxing is offered.
Coban's is from 155-200 with Fee depending on which program you select. They offer BJJ

Evolution last time I went was 165 for MT No contract but offers BJJ for more.
What classes would you recommend the most to least out of all of these?

What classes would you recommend the most to least out of all of these?

I have tried out Five points, The wat, and Coban's in a trial attempt. I would recommend that if you are to join, try each of them out. I am at Five Points now and certainly recommend that, but I wouldn't suppose my word would be your law.

Anyway here are the recommendations:
1 - Sitan gym - While I haven't personally tried this place, this is according to many, the #1 camp in NYC. We regularly compete with Sitan gym at fights. These guys are the biggest threats to our winning record. Recently, our fighter took the TBA US title from Sitan. Very spectacular fight.

2 - Five Points Academy - The place that I am at now. I recommend this not only for MT, but they also have a variety of conditioning classes, kettlebell classes, kali, judo, bjj, and a full fledged gym to go with it. The atmosphere is the best in my opinion as everyone is nice to each other and we regularly make conversations even outside of class time. The instruction is also very good, we have multiple people, instructors and fighters/casuals, go to Thailand every year. The instructors also try to get to know you instead of just trying to teach another random person. Trust me, if you've been to their class, they will know your name. I made a decision to come here and it was the best decision I've ever made regarding which gym to go to.

3 - Coban's - While I cannot speak for this place, since I've only been here once, it did appeal to me a lot while I was there. They have good instructors teaching MT and you get to train with the famous Coban. The price you can find on the internet and it is a very GOOD price btw. After the attending the Wat, I was searching for a new gym to join and I have come across this and Five Points Academy. I chose Five Points Academy because it offered more things to do.

4 - The Wat - This place was what got me into Muay Thai and taught me my basics. The instruction was good and the place was very beautiful and I was told it was very clean and treated with anti-microbial wash. It was a very nice and solid MT camp with complimentary apples and plastic bags for your stuff. Those apples are the best apples I've ever had.

The instruction was very good and I got to train a lot with the famous Phil Nurse who was there a lot. I got very good beginner skills out of it.

With that being said, the people at the Wat did not seem to be involved with the social part of being a gym, which may or may not be good for some gym goers. I felt very lonely, albeit I had nice conversations casual with about two or three people. (Susan a boxing coach, and two other casual members who treated me very well) The instructors, while they give good critiques, did not also attempt to bring the potential out of you. I felt that a lot of fighters had that problem too: they were just not being taken care of. They also locked me in a year membership and it really sucked for me when I didn't want to go anymore.

Although I did not enjoy my initial experience at the Wat, I am thankful for everything they had taught me and would definitely recommend it to other people who seek great solid MT training.

go with sitan.. you wont be sorry.. He will push you beyond your limits. his rates are 150 per month, i think 320 for 3 months, 1300 for the year.

Back