Best card of the year?

Ah finally, just how good is Greg Hardy?

I keep expecting him to lose, and he just doesnt.

Now, I get his competition has been not ranked, but a UFC win (even at heavyweight) still means something.

It speaks to the match making, the lack of depth in the division and his power. I keep expecting him to make some leap in skill but he's old and has still only trained for a handful of years. He's not Lesnar and isn't fighting killers so maybe he'll never become anything special, but for some reason despite knowing better, I stupidly expect him to be, lol.

What are your thoughts on this one, though?

At least top 5?

Yeah it was pretty good. I'd have to go back and look at the events because it's been a crazy year. The fights from January feel like they were two years ago.

It speaks to the match making, the lack of depth in the division and his power. I keep expecting him to make some leap in skill but he's old and has still only trained for a handful of years. He's not Lesnar and isn't fighting killers so maybe he'll never become anything special, but for some reason despite knowing better, I stupidly expect him to be, lol.

Yeah man Im not sure on Hardy.

I realize strength isnt everything, but the guy is a monster.

Very fascinating case.

Its always nice when the guys who you know watch a of fights like you, @Substance Abuse and @Kryptt agree with your point.

Think I got a half vote from @BRASIL WAND and @Zebra Cheeks.
Kind of you to say Sherbro!

The atmosphere was popping for me(Full Moon and shit) .. There weren't many fights I was hyped for, but it totally delivered..
I was loving the PBP particularly tonight too so dunno if that effected my enjoyment.

Its always nice when the guys who you know watch a of fights like you, @Substance Abuse and @Kryptt agree with your point.

Think I got a half vote from @BRASIL WAND and @Zebra Cheeks.

Thanks for the props!

But....never rely on some foof from the internet for confirmation of yer take on anything. That only really matter in job performance an stock options (even those are highly questionable) ...rest is again masturbation...which is 90% or more of this site.

I'd give another like but I'm broke!

Top 5 for sure which isnt saying much. There havent been any alltime level cards this year so far

I think KZ/Ortega was the best top to bottom card of the year so far

UFC 249 was probably the best of this year

its top 5 but Oleinik/Werdum, Waterson/Esparza, Hardy/Castro and Spann/Alvery were all horrible fights

def the most terrifying card of the year for me.

I was really worried Charlie got paralyzed, then I had to nervously sit through that Anderson fight.

I think KZ/Ortega

Card was good but main was a dozer...KZ had nothing (and was my pick)...not sure I'd favor it in the long run,,,might not be recalling the card too well but being a PPV and more valid contests yer prolly right.

It was an above average card, but not something of exceptional quality since no title fights and no crowds.

At least Greg Hardy was somewhat exciting and Uriah Hall managed to KO Silva.

It was a pretty good card, I enjoyed it.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that there was no WMMA though.

<Neil01>

I took my kids trick or treating and missed most of the card. The fights I saw were good, but I can't rate the card as a whole.

Ah ok cool.

Yeah its Halloween so a lot of people had other shit going on.

I viewed it with more people than usual as well, but still caught all fights but three. Looking forward to a rewatch.

Back