Best card of the year?

I’m just catching up on the fights now and it looks like it was a straight banger.

Just so happens there was no WMMA...

SimpleLimpIndusriverdolphin-max-1mb.gif

Very entertaining card. 8/11 ended by stoppage, several by highlight reel KO. The 3 decisions were mostly entertaining too.

A lot of stoppages but also a lot of mismatches and guys who probably shouldn't be in the UFC

I did enjoy it, but there have been quite a few COVID cards I enjoyed even more

It's up there. There's been so much MMA this year though, that I would really need to look at every card.

It was fekkin top notch...not sure on the breakdown of fighter vs fighter cause I'm prolly 3d tier analysis but shit if I wasn't stoked during 80% + of the fights.

Felt like an end of the year level blowout!

SpitefulFrankApatosaur-small.gif

A lot of stoppages but also a lot of mismatches and guys who probably shouldn't be in the UFC

I did enjoy it, but there have been quite a few COVID cards I enjoyed even more

Ha man this one was up there for me.

One of my favorite cards of the year.

Match-ups and fight quality matter more than names, in my opinion. If the card is great, it's great.

I agree with this.

These are the new generation guys we are watching-- Holland has crazy potential, Mitchell is (close?) to a phenom on the ground, Hall has been solid but maybe not championship material anymore-- but who knows. Fili is solid too I felt bad that fight had to have a loser.

And finally, just how good is Greg Hardy?

I keep expecting him to lose, and he just doesnt.

Now, I get his competition has been not ranked, but a UFC win (even at heavyweight) still means something.

Last edited:
For the UFC I would say the 249 might be the best card this year.

Back