Best businessman fighter in UFC? Worst?

Best? Gian Villante. For sticking around for like 20 fights in the UFC while being absolutely terrible for nearly the entire time.

What's Jake Shields doing these days...he's gotta be right there where Hendricks.

Chael did the most with the least, Conor and Brock are obviously on the short list.

For the worst it’s anyone who makes a money dispute public like Jones and Ngannou. Next time you want a raise at work publicly shit on the company who employees you and see how that works out.
Peasant/sheep babble.

I would say Woodley is the worst.

He has no business sense or any common sense related to money. I am basing this on his interview where he basically said he didn't save any money from UFC because he was busy buying bottle service for his friends. Also, when he finally came around to thinking of the future, he invested his funds by his own admission into a rap career.

Also, compound how he treated his fight career. He was one of the better welterweights of this era. He couldn't have been more unmarketable if he tried. Even when he was fighting a total heel in Colby, he still managed to get the entire community to root against him with his BLM answers to all the questions. He also said Conor was rich due to UFC push and racism.

Any way you slice it, he has no business sense.

Best, obviously you got to mention Conor and Khabib. Khabib seems content and has proven he has solid long-game and principles. Conor is brilliant in his own way and as long as he doesn't OD or end up in jail, he should be on the Forbes list for a long time to come. It's a matter of getting out of his own way.
Also Woodley spent most of his purse from the Jake Paul fight before the fight even started. He bought a used Bentley or something and paid for a feature and for him to perform for his walk out to OT Genasis. I'm sure there was even more spending than that even before the fight started. I think he figured he would win the fight and get a rematch so he was counting his chicks before they hatched. That's why he was so desperate for the rematch. He makes a lot but blows his money quick, doesn't seem like he puts it into anything that makes him any money. Seems like fighting is what really makes him money and everything else makes him lose money.

Also agree with Conor and Khabib with their business sense. They will both do well. Conor has smart people around him when it comes to his financials and business. That's why he's been able to do so well with no business background. He has smart advisors on his team. Same with Khabib, that's why he was able to get so much business started in such a short time from his mma gym to his mma promotion.

Masvidal and Diaz bros also seem to be doing pretty well. Masvidal started some business and his own promotion, seems like it's had 2 events already so it wasn't just a one off thing. Diaz bros has their gyms and CBD products.

Khabib probably makes more money than anyone on this list, except Conor.

10 years from now, Khabib will have more money than Conor (who will either be dead or in jail by then).

Khabib has shown that being the AUTHENTIC best in the world, sticking to your principles, and also being pleasant to work with will favor such an individual over time.
Khabib is talking shit about somebody new everyday. He is just at unbearable as McGregor, for an entirely different set of reasons

Stephan Bonnar crypto strip club in Vegas visionary

Cono dont know shit about biz, jus lent his name to a shit whiskey. C'mon, you think he distills spirits? Getreal! you think he picked up the phone, made calls, and sold that shit? Raging Al is 10x the businessman Connie is!

idk about that. Conor is a decent businessman. Conor is also a lot richer than Khabib. I think he has people to stop himself from going bankrupt.

But maybe he could end up in jail or worse.

The fact that he has people to stop him from going broke as an adult says all that needs to be said.
I doubt Khabib has people holding his hand like a child.

Khabib is talking shit about somebody new everyday. He is just at unbearable as McGregor, for an entirely different set of reasons
What's worse is that he doesn't know he has turned into someone he has been criticizing. It's ironic that his fans would criticize Conor for "making it about him," whenever Conor tweets about an event then doesn't even realize Khabib makes more media appearances and talks more shit than Conor does.

The worst: I’d say Diaz bros for not finishing their contracts a lot sooner… think they waited and waited to be released but that never happened. Would’ve been able to make some great $$ doing other orgs/things.

Also Khabib because I feel he was right there, he was closing in on his peak and boom, he just retired… I know he’s doing great things now but it’s nowhere near the money he was being offered by Dana for one last fight.

I don't know anything about Colby and his shit, or Jorge, but I will say good job branching out for Jorge. Time will tell for him and his decisions. I think Connor is great for the large amount he made in a short time period, like him or not, he seems to have done good for himself, but the way he's going he looks like he'll blow his money and have a downward spiral. I hate to say it, but it looks that way....sadly like Jones.

To me, and I do not like him, Sonnen did the best. He did a lot of talking and it worked. I think he pushed it to far sometimes, but what he created was good for him and the way he ran with it after has been great. I think he's done a good job to set himself up in life pretty damn good and will probably always have a good job, and probably be in front of the camera or mic. He's got a gift for gab and he seems to have a good mind when it comes to the fight game.

I got a feeling we'll be seeing him for a long time.

Conor is the richest but due to popularity.

Khabib is a business major, speaks 6 languages fluently, and has several businesses including his own MMA promotion and is building his plot in agriculture.

From what I remember he thought that if he went over a certain amount he would have to pay the higher bracket tax for the whole amount..by staying in the lower tax bracket he thought he would save money vs going into the higher tax bracket..you only pay the higher tax rate on the amount over the lower bracket threshold so he just screwed himself..lol

Jeez. Just another way they hold the man down

Is it Conor? With his mass marketing appeal and lucrative spirits deal?

Or maybe Chael? Who planned and talked his way into big fights, and then swung his popularity into a commentating gig, coffee business, and youtube show?

Maybe it's Masvidal, who made a nice Mezcal product with a funny commercial (and probably banged the starring lady in it)?

Colby? With his Bang energy promotions.

For WORST businessman, I might go with Rumble, who quit the UFC to sell weed (legally), then failed at that and just made going to the local LA fitness and pumping iron his entire career.

What are your choices?
Chael also has his own grappling promotion and IMO is lowkey trying to position himself as a promoter to get a big gig once Dana, Coker or someone else retires.

Rumble took some bad decisions but I guess his heart wasn't in it and now apparently his health or something else isn't there too.

Bisping was pretty smart too. Sean O Malley is managing his career perfectly.

Cyborg has to be one of the worst. She should have taken the Ronda fight but instead she ruined her career because she thought she could call the shots.

Conor/Coleman.

Chael did the most with the least, Conor and Brock are obviously on the short list.

For the worst it’s anyone who makes a money dispute public like Jones and Ngannou. Next time you want a raise at work publicly shit on the company who employees you and see how that works out.

I like your description of Chael, it’s pretty right, for essentially a boring fighter he sure created some waves

Duane Ludwig, with his peanut butter sales, was at the pinnacle of MMA business success.

Faber seems to have it together.

Back