Best boxers you've ever seen

i really do think prime canelo will go down as one of the most perfect fighters we have ever seen

offense, defense, footwork, reflexes, heart, chin, power. he has nearly everything.

Add slow feet. And so so stamina so that he has to take time out. You're right he has everything.

Add slow feet. And so so stamina so that he has to take time out. You're right he has everything.
nothing slow about his feet especially when he has someone hurt but yes his stamina is an issue. that would be the reason i said nearly everything

The four horsemen, Benitez, Floyd, Pacquiao, Napoles, RJJ, Toney, Whitaker, JCC, Salvador Sanchez, Ward

I guess Canelo will get into the club.

Last edited:
nothing slow about his feet especially when he has someone hurt but yes his stamina is an issue. that would be the reason i said nearly everything
Nah he has slow feet, that's not even debatable. You said he was one of the most perfect fighters you have seen. Tell me what weaknesses Floyd had or prime RJJ?

Nah he has slow feet, that's not even debatable. You said he was one of the most perfect fighters you have seen. Tell me what weaknesses Floyd had or prime RJJ?
floyd had brittle hands and got trapped against the ropes a lot. neither are particularly large weaknesses but they’re about as debilitating as “slow feet”

floyd had brittle hands and got trapped against the ropes a lot. neither are particularly large weaknesses but they’re about as debilitating as “slow feet”
Slow feet is why Canelo lost against Floyd and GGG. Remind me, how many losses did Floyd have with his brittle hands and being trapped against the ropes?

Not in any particular order, but each of these boxers have helped me to love the sweet science:

Marvelous Marvin Hagler (personal all around favorite)
Joe Louis
Duran
Floyd
James Toney
Canelo
Roy Jones Jr

I don't give a fuck

Hearns was a world champion at welterweight and fought as high as cruiser

He had P4P scariest power ever known to man, more than Julian Jackson because he knew how to land it against elites

The punch that slept Duran could've one shotted a horse

Funny story: Duran is reputed to have knocked out a horse.

Anyway, Hearns work at 147 and 154 I like more than his other accomplishments. Let's not fault Hagler for owning a division as the undisputed man for years. He held it hostage and had no ducks. When you float through weight classes for belts you can be choosy; as long-reigning and undisputed, you cannot be.

Best I ever saw in person... sweat pea

I don't give a fuck

Hearns was a world champion at welterweight and fought as high as cruiser

He had P4P scariest power ever known to man, more than Julian Jackson because he knew how to land it against elites

The punch that slept Duran could've one shotted a horse
The punch against Duran was more a product of the setup than actually blowing someone's head off with 1 shot....

Hagler hit as hard with both hands as Hearns ever hit with a straight right.

Hearns was more talented offensively...he had more nuance in how he reached his target, Hagler just didn't give a fuck and waded in with power shots from both hands....not that he didn't have awesome skill, he most definitely did. Hagler probably had more overall versatility....he was a true boxer-puncher

Hearns looks like he hit harder because he was so good at throwing changeups and curve balls.....when he threw his fastball, it meant you were basically already fucked

Pacman was the most electrifying that I recall seeing. Definitely not technically all around as perfect as Floyd or Canelo but holy shit did he have his tools working for him in his prime. It would have been amazing to see him and Floyd fight between 2008-2012.

Hagler the beast of beasts... However in the school of sweet science he wasn't.....

The punch against Duran was more a product of the setup than actually blowing someone's head off with 1 shot....

Hagler hit as hard with both hands as Hearns ever hit with a straight right.

Hearns was more talented offensively...he had more nuance in how he reached his target, Hagler just didn't give a fuck and waded in with power shots from both hands....not that he didn't have awesome skill, he most definitely did. Hagler probably had more overall versatility....he was a true boxer-puncher

Hearns looks like he hit harder because he was so good at throwing changeups and curve balls.....when he threw his fastball, it meant you were basically already fucked
Lets not forget a fighter is only as good as his cornermen. Hagler had the best (with exception only to Dundee). Don't care what they say about how great Hearns was (probably the most skilled fighter of the fab 4) Steward was out classed by Goodie, Pat, and Dundee. Not even close... Steward had Hearns way under weight in Leonard 1 and a slugfest plan against Hagler???? How stupid is that...And the excuse of massage before the Hagler fight? If true that falls DIRECTLY ON THE TRAINER...….!!

Marvelous Hagler
Floyd jr.
Rjj
Sweet Pea
James Toney
Ali
Frazier

i really do think prime canelo will go down as one of the most perfect fighters we have ever seen

offense, defense, footwork, reflexes, heart, chin, power. he has nearly everything.

Thoughts on the kovalev fight ?

Tyson
Ali
Prince Naseem
Floyd
Sugar ray
Lomachenko
Duran
Holyfield
Conor McGregor
Roy Jones
Ggg
Wilder

Thoughts on the kovalev fight ?
incredibly tough fight for canelo. kovalev has one of the best jabs of this era, if not the best, and a murderous right hand follow. canelo’s overall defense is incredible but he eats a lot of jabs. canelo will be fighting two weight classes above where he really belongs against a world class fighter who’s bigger than anyone he’s ever faced.

the good news for canelo is that canelo’s hands are quicker, he has massive power, good footwork, and kovalev can’t take a good shot anymore. if canelo looks like a legit 175 on fight night, kovalev is probably getting stopped

Back