5. Lennox Lewis
6. Mike Tyson
7. Tyson Fury
8. Sugar Ray Leonard
9. Manny Pacquiao
10. Tommy Hearns
11. Evander Holyfield
12. Marvin Hagler

I have Toney ahead of Jones because he was 100X more durable and was badly weight drained for their fight. Better fundamentals, defense, and jab.

And I didn't include any of the old old dudes because it's not a ranking of resume, but pure ability. Those guys weren't as good as modern boxers

Hagler beat Hearns
I don't give a fuck

Hearns was a world champion at welterweight and fought as high as cruiser

He had P4P scariest power ever known to man, more than Julian Jackson because he knew how to land it against elites

The punch that slept Duran could've one shotted a horse

Muhammad Ali
Oscar de La Hoya
ray Leonard
Floyd Mayweather
Lennox Lewis
Mike Tyson

Sugar Ray Robinson was just as good as modern guys. We are talking pound for pound. New school guys are bigger and that matters at heavyweight, but P4P the old school boxers were awesome

Floyd. In his prime, he was practically untouchable. He made HOF quality fighters look clueless and lost.

Other fighters were greater for other reasons, Ali's heart and showmanship, Robinson's massive career, etc

But just watching a guy and saying, "damn, this guy is good" for me its Floyd.

Floyd. In his prime, he was practically untouchable. He made HOF quality fighters look clueless and lost.

Other fighters were greater for other reasons, Ali's heart and showmanship, Robinson's massive career, etc

But just watching a guy and saying, "damn, this guy is good" for me its Floyd.
We know;)

Roy Jones Jr
Sugar Ray Robinson
Floyd Mayweather
Muhammed Ali
Mike Tyson
George Foreman (Wasn't graceful but only stopped by Ali)
Joe Louis
Lennox Lewis
Larry Holmes
Andre Ward
Joe Calzage
Sugar Ray Leonard

There are two that really stand out for me:

TELEMMGLPICT000127337642_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpeg

fef96398e985895f80fda6a9e875140a.jpg

I don't give a fuck

Hearns was a world champion at welterweight and fought as high as cruiser

He had P4P scariest power ever known to man, more than Julian Jackson because he knew how to land it against elites

The punch that slept Duran could've one shotted a horse
And he got fucking slotted against Hagler when his power didn't work.

Roy Jones Jr and Floyd Mayweather are easily the two best people my age have seen live.

After that it drops off severely...

Others from before:
Jersey Joe Walcott
James Toney
Pernell Whitaker
Nicolino Locche
Willie Pep
Marvelous Marvin
Ricardo El Finito Lopez
Teenage Wilfred Benitez

And he got fucking slotted against Hagler when his power didn't work.
That's because Marvelous Marvin is the mother fucker of all mother fuckers

Roy Jones at his best was mutant level good... he didn't seem human. He was like a cat playing with a toy.

canelo is an absolute pleasure to watch. he’s damn near a perfect fighter when he’s in kill mode. there are few fighters as good at everything as he is.

there’s only one perfect fighter though.

Ray Leonard. Grace under pressure. Nobody else so perfectly ticked all the boxes required to be an incredible boxer. Maybe SRR? How naturally poetic they're both Sugar Ray, I wouldnt want the burden of being the third.

i really do think prime canelo will go down as one of the most perfect fighters we have ever seen

offense, defense, footwork, reflexes, heart, chin, power. he has nearly everything.

Back