Best body shots?

B-Hop's on De La Hoya was pretty sweet in that it was so slick and subtle and not devasting.

I think it has to be on the list. Thats as good a body shot as I've seen. Look how immediate the reaction was. The effect was obvious.

Virgil Hill is also highly decorated fighter, so that fact adds icing to the cake as far as great body shot KO's go.

At 6:40

Kobayashi would go on to become the WBC Super Bantamweight champ.

Alexis is a badass and was a super star in Nicaragua. My mom was overprotected when she was young and one of the only reasons she was allowed to go out was when Alexis fought, everyone loved him. RIP.

Cotto's body shots on Gomez made me squirm. Looked like his insides were being liquified with those punches.

Alexis is a badass and was a super star in Nicaragua. My mom was overprotected when she was young and one of the only reasons she was allowed to go out was when Alexis fought, everyone loved him. RIP.

One of my favourite fighters, an all time great boxer and a class act. It's great to see younger guys like Roman Gonzalez follow his example.

I saw it on yt and decided to share. The Penalosa-Gonzales and Morales-Zaragoza in the end were frickin' brutal. The Hopkins-DLH was kind of funny.

The scariest thing about the RJJ-Hill was that it wasn't even a liver shot. I think RJJ smashed Hill's ribs in that fight.

The Micky Ward one in the middle is the one from the movie The Fighter if I'm not mistaken.

Actually the Micky Ward one is from the Poncho Sanchez fight.

Maybe one of you remembers this match... I don't know either fighters name, but I know it was on the undercard of one of the Holyfield-Tyson-Lewis fights. It was a white guy against a black guy, and the black guy was racking up the rounds putting a clinic on. In one of the late rounds the white guy landed a body shot that ended the fight after losing every minute of every round prior.

I could be remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm close. Anyone know the fight I'm talking about?

Maybe one of you remembers this match... I don't know either fighters name, but I know it was on the undercard of one of the Holyfield-Tyson-Lewis fights. It was a white guy against a black guy, and the black guy was racking up the rounds putting a clinic on. In one of the late rounds the white guy landed a body shot that ended the fight after losing every minute of every round prior.

I could be remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm close. Anyone know the fight I'm talking about?

Just going by description it sounds like Micky Ward vs Alfonso Sanchez, although I believe that was on the undercard of Oscar/Sweat Pea and Sanchez isn't really black.

Could well be seen as comeback and upset of the year 1997.

Back