Best BJJ/MMA in NYC???

Shulom1***

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm moving to NYC next week, and I wanted to know where is the BJJ or MMA in Brooklyn or Manhattan? Which has the best quality and an affordable price? I don't mind shelling out, but I would like to be able to eat a couple times a week also. Thanks

For pure BJJ, my vote goes to Marcelo Garcia's school.
Not sure about MMA though.

yes, over ten minute period you were waiting no one responded.

patience is a virtue.

There's a slue of Renzo Gracie schools (including Renzo's own school) in NYC, Marcelo Garcia's, there's an Alliance BB in NYC somewhere. Just google MMA in NYC or BJJ in NYC.

There's a slue of Renzo Gracie schools (including Renzo's own school) in NYC, Marcelo Garcia's, there's an Alliance BB in NYC somewhere. Just google MMA in NYC or BJJ in NYC.

lol anyone can do a google search... I think. But maybe this guy wants constructive feedback on a possible school in his area.

lol anyone can do a google search... I think. But maybe this guy wants constructive feedback on a possible school in his area.

K, IMO, Renzo Gracie's academy in downtown Manhatten. I think it's like ~$200/month and it's quality.

Marcelo Garcias school is absolutely awesome. Definitely check them out.

they should sticky that thread, it seems like we get one of these threads every week.

If your looking for a school in Manhattan that has a good mix, check out NY Combat Sambo. Yeah they are a Sambo school but they are definitely progressive. Think of it more as a grappling school. Good take downs, Stephen Koepfer shows great stuff from the Sambo side including throws and leg locks and Tyga Maclin is an awesome wrestling coach. One of the only schools I know of that actually have a dedicated wrestling class. They have striking classes as well, never attended but from what I hear they are great too.

Also the biggest thing I like about the school is that EVERYONE IS COOL! I've been to a lot of schools and let me tell you, a lot of schools have the team "douche bags" as I call it with a group of guys who are always assholes. Not this school. GREAT atmosphere.

If your ever in Queens, you can check out queens-mma.com (website is kind of shitty).

the link to the other thread has some great info on it... Here's a quick list

Marcello Garcia
Shaolin Ribiero
Renzo Grazie
Clockwork BJJ
Fight House
Ronin

tons of great places... My advice is find the one that's most conveniently located and join that one. Good luck!

I've trained a few different places and Clockwork is some of the best instruction I've ever gotten - Training partners are awesome, instructor is awesome, and the location makes it pretty convenient to get to from most places in Manhattan. I highly recommend you come check us out.

If your looking for a school in Manhattan that has a good mix, check out NY Combat Sambo. Yeah they are a Sambo school but they are definitely progressive. Think of it more as a grappling school. Good take downs, Stephen Koepfer shows great stuff from the Sambo side including throws and leg locks and Tyga Maclin is an awesome wrestling coach. One of the only schools I know of that actually have a dedicated wrestling class. They have striking classes as well, never attended but from what I hear they are great too.

Also the biggest thing I like about the school is that EVERYONE IS COOL! I've been to a lot of schools and let me tell you, a lot of schools have the team "douche bags" as I call it with a group of guys who are always assholes. Not this school. GREAT atmosphere.

If your ever in Queens, you can check out queens-mma.com (website is kind of shitty).

Thanks bro. I was thinking of the Sambo school, because I love that art also, but I am worried that about how competing in tournaments would go, especially as a big part of the game is leglocks. Marcello Garcia's place seems awesome though, I hopoe they get an MMA class over there soon.

the link to the other thread has some great info on it... Here's a quick list

Marcello Garcia
Shaolin Ribiero
Renzo Grazie
Clockwork BJJ
Fight House
Ronin

tons of great places... My advice is find the one that's most conveniently located and join that one. Good luck!

I've trained a few different places and Clockwork is some of the best instruction I've ever gotten - Training partners are awesome, instructor is awesome, and the location makes it pretty convenient to get to from most places in Manhattan. I highly recommend you come check us out.

Thanks. Can you PM me what there pricing is like?

some notes on renzo's: it is right by penn station not downtown.

they have classes that are not on website. i am not a student that but have heard from people who go there. apparently they do have a wrestling class and a judo class but i cannot tell you what times or how many times or if this is still true.

Thanks for the kind words man!

To the OP, please come by. Our guys train for all different stuff. The club is very well rounded. At least take a free trial and see how you like it. Marcello's is obviously great as well. I could never tell you not to go there.

Thanks for the kind words man!

To the OP, please come by. Our guys train for all different stuff. The club is very well rounded. At least take a free trial and see how you like it. Marcello's is obviously great as well. I could never tell you not to go there.

Your school was a very big consideration, and i will stop by.

There seriously has to be over 20+ threads on this exact topic.

Back