Best BJJ/Grappling book?

BSRufio

White Belt
Reaction score
So I got my blue belt a couple of weeks ago (hold your applause) and I want to start doing some self study. There's so much material out though and I'm feeling a little clueless. Does anyone have any suggestions on which book I should get? Right now I'm leaning towards Jiu-Jitsu University.

WWE-Magazine-February-07-Cover-John-Cena-john-cena-2027903-735-946.jpg

I was gonna say Jiu Jitsu University but i think Poison Tree has a better idea

haha John Cena

on a serious note I've seen alot of other people on the forums suggest Jiu-Jitsu University.

Jujitsu University is the best technique book I've owned. It covers tons of positions and techniques. In addition it has a good amount of theory behind belt progressions and bjj philosophy. If you get one book get JJ university, if you get two books get jj university and Drill to win.

Didn't like guerilla jiujitsu that much...maybe because I can't leave the ground and have shit judo

My top three favorites:

1. Effortless Combat throws by Tim Cartmell
2. Mastering Jujitsu by Renzo Gracie and John Danaher
3. Brazilian Jiujitsu fighting strategies by Jacare Cavalcanti

Jiu-Jitsu University is my absolute favorite. Guerillla Jiu Jitsu is very good, and I find Judo Unleashed very interesting.

"Path to the Blackbelt" by Rodrigo Gracie

"Penthouse Forum" by Bob Guccioni

Saulo's book is my favorite, but there is tons of shit to be picked up from Machado and Gracie books.

JJ University is the only one I own, but it is extremely helpful as a reference and learning tool.

Back