BEST BASS RIFF

If at 1:21:30 you feel: "This is the most awesome thing I have ever heard!" Don't be alarmed. That is a normal reaction to what you are experiencing.

Last edited:
I have to say, i think les claypool is a MF genius on a bass...and to be fair mark king should get mad respect for his skills too..
But im off to watch this lot tomorrow night..

Not a single guitar in sight, all bass and cello..frigging incerdible

At what she does, sure.

People who put out albums and perform do it for money and fame, no matter how much they say otherwise. That's why the onbly people who say it are guys in shitty bands that no one outside some hipster jerk listens to.

I'm well aware that people perform other songs. Not sure what that has to do with this conversation.

Power chords were unusual? lol. OK.

Its poor technique, so it limits you. Is this hard to understand?

I don't really agree. Its fundamental for a bass player to learn to play with 2 fingers. 3, not really.

I don't believe they really had drastically different technique. Different styles, but they are fairly orthodox in their approach to the instrument. Just damn good at it.

Ok

Paul Gilbert, as much as I respect the guy, is not really all that original. He's a great guitarist, though.

That's not really what I said. Guitar is an expressive instrument. Van Halen could pick up my guitar, sound like Van Halen, hand it back to me and I would sound completely different.

I didn't say I couldn't. Yngwie is not s upper original player. He lifted much of what he did from Blackmore. I like him and think he's a great player, but unique? nah.
bro alot of the music you like wouldnt be around or be the same without obscure musicians who didnt care about money or fame. Don't you like the pixies? Frank Black totally imitated the vocal styling of this unknown band on the SST indie label, Angst, and talked about what a big influence they were on him. He was also a huge fan of captain beefheart which is some of the most hipster weirdo music there is. A pretty consistent theme in popular music is a cult band influencing a new generation of musicians who achieve mainstream success.

Last edited:

One of my favorite Metallica tunes, enhanced bass version is nice

Back