Best base for MMA imo(boxing)

symphonyx547**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think without a doubt it would be Boxing or other striking arts if i were to pick any single style to start with. The reason why i pick that isn't becasue a boxer by itself would beat a wrestler or BJJer becasue they wouldn't. It's the fact that they have something that you can't teach most people and that's being a fighter and having a fighters heart. This is something i see lacking with so many top grapplers i see coming into MMA and other grapplers in mma. Is this to say that all grapplers don't have heart of course not, but it's impossible to make it to the elite level in boxing without at least a very soild heart. Another thing that gets weeded out in boxing is weak chins. you can make it all the way to the upper levels in the UFC before you truely get your chin tested if your a soild fighter. I think think of many top level fighters in MMA that are either scared to get hit or have weak chins.

The thing is No top boxer would ever want to come to MMA becasue they get paid 10-100 times more to box. Of course as mma grows and boxing dies off we'll see more true fighters in mma

I think without a doubt it would be Boxing or other striking arts if i were to pick any single style to start with. The reason why i pick that isn't becasue a boxer by itself would beat a wrestler or BJJer becasue they wouldn't. It's the fact that they have something that you can't teach most people and that's being a fighter and having a fighters heart. This is something i see lacking with so many top grapplers i see coming into MMA and other grapplers in mma. Is this to say that all grapplers don't have heart of course not, but it's impossible to make it to the elite level in boxing without at least a very soild heart. Another thing that gets weeded out in boxing is weak chins. you can make it all the way to the upper levels in the UFC before you truely get your chin tested if your a soild fighter. I think think of many top level fighters in MMA that are either scared to get hit or have weak chins.

The thing is No top boxer would ever want to come to MMA becasue they get paid 10-100 times more to box. Of course as mma grows and boxing dies off we'll see more true fighters in mma

So you think it's the best base not because a straight boxer can beat someone in BJJ but because boxing teaches you something that you can't teach a lot of people???

That makes no sense. If someone has heart and is a natural athlete it doesn't matter what base they come from cause they'll succeed at whatever they set their mind to.

You mention the chin, BJ comes from BJJ and he has the best chin in MMA.

What do you think a typical striker vs grappler match is??

the best base is grappling

These whole "best base for taking a shit" "best base for snappin your carrot" "best base for JNFILFBIL:FVFIL:VLFFJFVBFILCVFFI:YGVFI:FGBILFUGBFIO:UFVBI:UFVBFO:UBFO:UFB:iF

Are getting old.

i want to see floyd mayweather fight in the ufc.

what weight does pretty boy fight at? 175? i would be willing to say that someone like militech would beat the fuck out of floyd in mma.

dear god you're really serious.

There's a reason why boxers never won the origianl UFC tournaments.

You most've not read my post. IF we're going to pick one fighting style to beat other styles(like the early days) then only sub arts would be good. Wrestling is worth less without either stiking or sub def. name one decent boxer that was in the early UFC's? I'd take a prime Mike Tyson over prime Royce any day. my post is about the best syles as a base and then develope other styles around that base and i think it's easily boxing

what weight does pretty boy fight at? 175? i would be willing to say that someone like militech would beat the fuck out of floyd in mma.

i'm pretty sure he fights at 145

I am pretty sure Floyd jr. fights at 145,and I think he would do okay if he dedicated like two years to BJJ/wrestling .

Boxing is not the best base for MMA .

Floyd Fights at 147 and fought below that most of his career, so there's no one in the UFC that is that light. I'd say that within a year of training he'd have a better chance of beating Urijah MMA then vice versa

the top 3 p4p fighters in the world have good hands

penn
a. silva
fedor

bells are ringing

Floyd Fights at 147 and fought below that most of his career, so there's no one in the UFC that is that light. I'd say that within a year of training he'd have a better chance of beating Urijah MMA then vice versa

i disagree, because neither would still have a chance in hell in beating each other.

The main Issue i have is all the threads talking about Wrestling being the best base and i think that's crazy. In MMA you have to be good on the ground and on the feet neither of which wrestling is good at without other styles added in. Can you imagine a top notch stirker with top notch subs? you would never need wrestling. Similar to Miguel Tores

I am pretty sure Floyd jr. fights at 145,and I think he would do okay if he dedicated like two years to BJJ/wrestling .

Boxing is not the best base for MMA .

I agree that he can be a good MMA fighter with some dedicated training. Hes still young and one of the few boxers to retire close to their prime.

You most've not read my post. IF we're going to pick one fighting style to beat other styles(like the early days) then only sub arts would be good. Wrestling is worth less without either stiking or sub def. name one decent boxer that was in the early UFC's? I'd take a prime Mike Tyson over prime Royce any day. my post is about the best syles as a base and then develope other styles around that base and i think it's easily boxing

I quciky skimmed through it and missed that part where you wrote boxing wouldn't beat the grappling arts.

One of those things we won't know untill we see a top boxer come into the sport. Wrestlers are top notch athletes but don't have anything beyond college wrestling where as the cream of the crop for boxing go on to the big time so i can see the point you're trying to make.

The main Issue i have is all the threads talking about Wrestling being the best base and i think that's crazy. In MMA you have to be good on the ground and on the feet neither of which wrestling is good at without other styles added in. Can you imagine a top notch stirker with top notch subs? you would never need wrestling. Similar to Miguel Tores

A. Silva is a good example of this.

the top 3 p4p fighters in the world have good hands

penn
a. silva
fedor

bells are ringing

This is exactly what i'm talking about is styles that finish fights(striking, subs) Wrestlers win by holding people down and waiting for the bell to ring which i don't consider a fight. For every wrestler that has vicious GNP and guard passing i can think of 5 that are blankets

Well, that being said, I'd be willing to say someone like Floyd would beat the fuck out of Militech in boxing.

Floyd has never fought above 155.

Back