Best bang for buck 16oz boxing gloves?

Jimisugi

White Belt
Reaction score
I did some research and I really can't decide which one I should get.

My budget is around $50-$100, looking for 16 oz size. Primarily for bag/mitts work. My current gloves don't really give me a lot of knuckle protection or comfort so I'm focusing on those two. I'm currently using some cheap and crappy Everlast gloves that I grabbed from a local Sports Authority.

I do Muay Thai, so I was looking at Top King or Twins(I would choose Fairtex but they're a bit too expensive for me). The problem is since they're made in Thailand, if I order those gloves I'll have to dish out about $25+ shipping fee and at that point I wonder if I am just better off getting a more "boxing" oriented glove like Title or Hayabusa. I was looking at the Title Platinum/Gel series and the Hayabusa Ikusa(borderline budget) and they seem pretty good, but I can't make up my mind.

Any suggestions?

http://store.titleboxing.com/boon-sport-leather-lace-training-gloves.html

No doubt, at least if you don't mind lace ups. I personally found the 16oz top kings to be too ridiculously big. Not at all worth the ridiculously long turnover time. I also didnt like the way that my wrist was positioned, the quality of the leather, nor the protection from the foam. It was the only glove purchase that I've regretted so far.

http://www.ringtocage.com/Thai-Style-Sparring-Gloves-Limited-Edition-RC08W.htm

I would also suggest this pair of gloves. Very compact, solid build quality. It was the main glove that I used before I got my cleto reyes. They've been relegated to my bag gloves when I want to burn my shoulders out from the heavier weight. Foam hasn't changed or bottomed out whatsoever, despite heavy use for over a year. Only bad thing is that the right glove developed a tear in the thumb part of the lining. There's no grip bar either, which I personally don't prefer and would much rather have because I only box. It shouldn't be a problem at all for someone who practices Muay Thai.

Either way, good luck and I hope you find a glove that suits you well. Cheers

ringtocage makes excellent products, they are a great alternative. i am partial to triumph united gloves, they have a new line out.

I have the Top King Super gloves in 14 oz, and imo I really like them for bag/padwork. The wrist support is good for a Thai-style glove, has very good knuckle protection, and feel super light. However, I do feel like they're kinda poofy at the knuckle area, so if you want something sleek I would look for a "boxing" glove.

KO Fight Gear, you will not be sorry if you go with them.

http://store.titleboxing.com/boon-sport-leather-lace-training-gloves.html

No doubt, at least if you don't mind lace ups. I personally found the 16oz top kings to be too ridiculously big. Not at all worth the ridiculously long turnover time. I also didnt like the way that my wrist was positioned, the quality of the leather, nor the protection from the foam. It was the only glove purchase that I've regretted so far.

http://www.ringtocage.com/Thai-Style-Sparring-Gloves-Limited-Edition-RC08W.htm

I would also suggest this pair of gloves. Very compact, solid build quality. It was the main glove that I used before I got my cleto reyes. They've been relegated to my bag gloves when I want to burn my shoulders out from the heavier weight. Foam hasn't changed or bottomed out whatsoever, despite heavy use for over a year. Only bad thing is that the right glove developed a tear in the thumb part of the lining. There's no grip bar either, which I personally don't prefer and would much rather have because I only box. It shouldn't be a problem at all for someone who practices Muay Thai.

Either way, good luck and I hope you find a glove that suits you well. Cheers

I looked around the web and noticed that others were having the same problems as you with the 16 oz Top King AIR. Specifically the size part. My hands are small/average so I decided not to risk it.

The Boon Leather Training Gloves seems very solid overall especially for pads/bags so I placed my order on the Title website(free shipping :))

Thank you all for the input!

easy Ring to cage mim there on Sale on amazon. 59.99

Back