Best Anti hero/Villian in a TV series goes to?

Love me some Tony Soprano, so that's who gets my vote.

I liked the Sgt. Nicholas Brody character from Homeland as well for a hero/villain. Damian Lewis was great on that show...

brody.jpg

Hair out of regs, a Sergenat, and too young to be a vietnam vet (if thats the vietnam service ribbon im looking at), and ribbons are way out of whack (good conduct would have come after his Nacy and Marine Corps achievement medal)

Brody was a sham/fake and deserved to die

10/10 not a marine

Brody carries the series, season 4 was a joke

Make fun of me if you like, but I absolutely love Raymond Reddington.

Marlo was good but was he compelling like avon, or Omar, or even prop joe. I say no. he just didn't have the charisma imo like the other. edris being a huge star now his acting chops just made him stand out. didn't even know that fool was a brit lol.

Having charisma was not the point of Marlo's character at all -he ruled completely by fear, un-emotional like a robot and made only very calculating decisions. To me, Marlo was different than all the guys you name because he had more of a serial killer mentality.

For me, all time tv series wise, Marlo is absolutely a fantastic villain -much more a villain by defenition than guys like Prop Joe, Avon and Stringer who all could fly under the excuse that they only did bad things because they had no other alternative. Marlo on the other hand was evil, and even if given the chance to be removed from needing to be in the streets, he'd still choose it over a better life because its what he is. And this is shown in Marlo's final scene when he leaves that big white-collar party to go back into the streets.

Having charisma was not the point of Marlo's character at all -he ruled completely by fear, un-emotional like a robot and made only very calculating decisions. To me, Marlo was different than all the guys you name because he had more of a serial killer mentality.

For me, all time tv series wise, Marlo is absolutely a fantastic villain -much more a villain by defenition than guys like Prop Joe, Avon and Stringer who all could fly under the excuse that they only did bad things because they had no other alternative. Marlo on the other hand was evil, and even if given the chance to be removed from needing to be in the streets, he'd still choose it over a better life because its what he is. And this is shown in Marlo's final scene when he leaves that big white-collar party to go back into the streets.

I can see it.esp how marlo was the only dude that seemingly wasn't afraid of omar lol. Marlo just wasn't one of my favs. that said, the wire and the shield are my all time faves. if only the Wire would have had mackey and his strike team Bodymore would have been cleaned up in no time.

I voted Vic Mackay.

A villian I loved watching (and I've offended many people saying I liked his scenes...despite the rapey stuff) was Vern Schilinger (think that's the correct spelling) from Oz

Gotta go with Vic. You get engrossed in his character and forget what a complete despicable bastard he is. The finale is insane. Him describing all the things he'd done was just nuts.

A villian I loved watching (and I've offended many people saying I liked his scenes...despite the rapey stuff) was Vern Schilinger (think that's the correct spelling) from Oz

Vern was the man. Beecher was the real villain of that show, that fucking guy

Gotta go with Vic. You get engrossed in his character and forget what a complete despicable bastard he is. The finale is insane. Him describing all the things he'd done was just nuts.

I hate to admit I actually lost interest in 'The Shield' but that does sounds pretty good

I would have enjoyed the Shield had they not cast Michael Chiclets as the lead.

I can see it.esp how marlo was the only dude that seemingly wasn't afraid of omar lol. Marlo just wasn't one of my favs. that said, the wire and the shield are my all time faves. if only the Wire would have had mackey and his strike team Bodymore would have been cleaned up in no time.

I liked both shows, but for different reasons. To me, what drives the Wire is the realism while the Shield had all the drama and so on.

And I think you have the Marlo not being affraid of Omar thing a little backwards. When Omar decided to go after Marlo, Marlo went into hiding. Its one of the very few real human reactions he actually has -fear- during his run on that show. Outside of that part of the show, Marlo isn't ever shaken or moved by almost anything or anyone else, accept when he pisses off Omar so bad Omar is literally walking through the middle of the B-More streets in broad daylight calling him out while fucking up his operation lol.

Even Snoop and Chris were on notice for that, because they weren't stupid. They knew Omar was on their level when it came to getting the jump on people and ending shit quick.

I would have enjoyed the Shield had they not cast Michael Chiclets as the lead.

how come? He's a pretty good actor in my view - I felt he worked well with the rest of his squad

Fantastic 4 ruined him for me.

And I don't like his face.

Most of the GoT characters are anti hero types, there is no clear straight an narrow types, whether denarys, tyrion, jaime, little finger, ect. All have hero moments as well as villainous moments. Tyrion is my fav, denarys has an epic body and likes to get naked, so I like her too. Jaime is a bit of an alter boy at this point, when from solid heel to over the top good guy, but too good.

Jon is the closest thing to a 'hero' on that program.

I can't think of one deplorable act I've seen from him.

Jon is the closest thing to a 'hero' on that program.

I can't think of one deplorable act I've seen from him.

his mere bastard presence is deplorable to catelyn stark.

i would certainly put tyrion and the hound on the list. i would also add swearingen from deadwood, he went from villain to anti-hero.

Voted for Vic. Tony is one of all time faves, but I never had any problems with how he lived his life/conducted business. Mackey on the other hand...

Baelish is the anti-hero/villain I currently root for.

Back