Best and Worst Brands of boxing gloves

The benefit of the grant and the reyes is that you can open the hand for better catching and parrying..You can't do that with the rivals at all.. but otherwise, the rivals are right there with the best on the market imo.

Have some one tried out the Kenka sparring gloves? I Just bought it, and it's my first pair of boxing gloves...

I have only owned a few pairs of gloves (cleto Reyes and title) cleto Reyes are very very good. I was hoping if someone could tell me what are the best pair of gloves out of: Grant, Winning and Cleto Reyes.

Quite a thread resurrection! I've had mixed experiences with Title, their GEL and Fighting Sports products being better than their Platinum or classic lines (except some pretty sweet classic headgear that's not on the website anymore)

To the OP, I personally don't think that there is a best glove, but rather a best glove FOR YOU. Hand size and padding preference makes a huge difference, as well as cost for most of us. The best value in my experience is KO Fightgear, but the best possible gloves (though I haven't had the pleasure) should likely be TopBoxer, because of the reportedly masterful craftsmanship and highest quality materials, made specifically to the measurement of hand and the wishes of the buyer.

Quite a thread resurrection! I've had mixed experiences with Title, their GEL and Fighting Sports products being better than their Platinum or classic lines (except some pretty sweet classic headgear that's not on the website anymore)

To the OP, I personally don't think that there is a best glove, but rather a best glove FOR YOU. Hand size and padding preference makes a huge difference, as well as cost for most of us. The best value in my experience is KO Fightgear, but the best possible gloves (though I haven't had the pleasure) should likely be TopBoxer, because of the reportedly masterful craftsmanship and highest quality materials, made specifically to the measurement of hand and the wishes of the buyer.
I love Reyes and TopBoxer. From Reyes I specifically love the Fit Cuff. It fits my hands especially well. I love the padding from the safetecs. But I keep going back to my TopBoxers because they fit my hand perfectly. I hate the usual suspects. Everlast, century, stuff like that. I can normally find a positive with a glove. Just failed with those.

Since so many people listed Reyes as their favorite glove (or top 3), I was moved to buy a pair. I got black 16oz. Reyes lace-ups new on Amazon for $130. (They have listed a new 14oz green pair for only $108, which is pretty crazy.) They arrived in the mail today. They look and feel great. My first pair of Cleto Reyes...

In other news, I am not going to buy any more gloves. I can't. I won't.

Last edited:
Since so many people listed Reyes as their favorite glove (or top 3), I was moved to buy a pair. I got black 16oz. Reyes lace-ups new on Amazon for $130. (They have listed a new 14oz green pair for only $108, which is pretty crazy.) They arrived in the mail today. They look and feel great. My first pair of Cleto Reyes...

I've said that sooooo many times.

I've said that to my wife while thinking about my next purchase.
I convinced my wife that I needed a second pair for sparring (ethical reasons to protect the person I was sparring). And then a third pair just in case someone wanted to use them (hygienic reasons). And then a fourth pair for better hand protection... And now I can't even convince myself.

No more. No more...

Honestly I might be a bit biased..... but the best gloves I have used have been the Cageside edge 5.0, I loved our 4.0 model but the insides of the 5.0 are perfect for my hands. Nice clean pop on the bags and pads and a decent amount of padding for your partners face.

I would say the worst would have to be a few Ringside pairs I've had the "pleasure" of trying out.

But in all seriousness the old Combat Sports from like 10 years ago were absolute tanks for the price. I still have them and they sit in the loaner bin for new peeps to put on.

how do they stack up to top boxer

good god.. just went back to check prices of winnings i remember 10 months ago you could get a 16oz lace up white pair for 220 bucks now its almost 400 dollars lol wow.. wonder if they will go back down again

The worse for me are also Everlast and Century. I am actually looking for new gloves. For under $100, should I get the Fairtex BGV1 Sparring Gloves, the Fighting Fury Professional Training Gloves (FSFTGE), or something else I did not consider before?

good god.. just went back to check prices of winnings i remember 10 months ago you could get a 16oz lace up white pair for 220 bucks now its almost 400 dollars lol wow.. wonder if they will go back down again

So overrated IMO. They have zero customer service too. My boy had a pair that were way off weight and the seller on Rakuten would not exchange them. He insisted they are weighed correctly at the factory despite sending him photos of them on the scale. Their feedback is awful and their hook n loop gloves are laughable. Their headgear however is the best on the market IMO

Back