Best and Worst Brands of boxing gloves

Best-Real Fairtex's and twins. IMF Ringside, Rivals, *Winnings (If you can afford), Grant, Cleto, and Titles aren't too bad either

Worst-Academy bought everlasts. If you buy the pro style everlasts, you're actually making a pretty good deal. I've heard nothing but good things from their pro line but if you buy the cheap $30 ones, you might as well put that bag of feathers you lay your sweet little head down to sleep on at night on your hands and call it a glove.
Oh and century sucks too. Also, I wouldn't buy top contenders if I was looking for a real quality glove. If you want a good glove and you don't want to pay over $70, I'd say go for titles.

best, winning & grant.

worst, UFC and century.

yeah why has no one said UFC for worst. Im talking about those that come in the plastic case, I have never actually sparred with them but trying them on felt baaaddd. Those and Century.

Anyway imo the best are Fairtex, higher end Everlast, and probably Twins (although I have only used twins once or twice)

I used to own a pair of Everlast gloves and they were fine. But maybe I had good ones. Now I have a pair of Century gloves, I haven't used them much, but they seem alright. What exactly is wrong with them?

the reason Thai gloves continuously come out on top is because they are still manufactured by the people who own the brand, in their own factories by their own workers. Windy, Sandee, Twins, King, Top King, Fairtex, Thaismai, Boon, Raja are made in Thailand by the owners. They are not licensed out to third party sub contractors and as such retain the focus on quality and high production values.

Brands like Century, Everlast, Lonsdale etc are exactly that, just "brands". They are manufactured by a whole variety of third part contractors all over the world (mostly India and Pakistan). The rights to manufacture/distribute these brands can be bought and as such quality varies from region to regain quite significantly.

Take Everlast for example an old American brand, like "Chevy" or "Harley Davidson" . Generations of American boxing heritage going into production, yes ? Well No. Its owned by an Englishman called Mike Ashley whom UK posters on here will know. He owns budget sports retailer Sports Direct and is a billionaire (good for him, great business man, much respect he a self made guy). He also owns Lonsdale.

It is possible of course to sub contract out and get a good product. TU is evidence of this, their gloves (and the rest of their kit) is excellent. But then again TU is owned by someone who has a passion for combat sports and it isn't just another "brand" to add to a product portfolio.

^ great post! Always wondered how a company with such a rich heritage in boxing like Everlast could produce such poor quality crap. This explains it.

i have to agree with the whole 3rd party manufacturing thing... if you want to produce top of the line equipment your more likely to end up shooting yourself in the head with all the stress of dealing with 3rd party manufacturers as manufacturers are consistently trying to figure out how they can cut corners on your next order to save money while hoping you don't notice, this is still after paying higher up front to insure a higher grade of workmanship and materials.

i'm just putting into effect having a 3rd party oversee the whole production process in making my gear overseas, this is expensive and the manufactures don't like it but it's the way it has to go.

but if you don't care what your producing then find the cheapest 3rd exporter or manufacturer and i'm sure you will be happy with the crap they will make for you

best- winning, casanova, reyes, campeon, top end everlast. yeah the everlast gear you get at walmart sucks. but the fight gloves are the shit. i dont care what anyone says. up there with the best.

best bang for the buck- ringside. for under 70-80 bucks nothing beats ringside... period

worst bang for the buck- thai gloves. yes thai gloves... you're paying +$60 for $30 dollar gloves. makes no sense. i guess some people like having dragons and shit on their gloves... to each their own. only time i see thai gloves are worth buying is if you're in thailand... cause its good quality at $30 bucks.... not +$60

worst- century, title (includes promex, top contender, fighting) dont get me wrong... title is a good quality brand. but their marketing practices is fucking shady. they just relabel products and mark them up cause of the name. and they copy off other brands all the time.

since you asked bout boxing gloves i will tell you everlast are ok to start with and not as bad as most ppl say they are but if you are talkin bout gloves period my gym has fairtex and rival and they are both way better they are just so i cant put it in words lol but i cant wait to get a set but tuition comes first

Best I've ever had were my Everlast Protex Training Gloves. Really good all around, great wrist support. I dont know why people are saying everlast is the worst, maybe they're just buying the cheapo $20 gloves??

Worst were some really cheap ones I got from ringside, they lasted for a while, but I got what I paid for.

the best gloves I own are by far my 14 oz. Cleto Reyes gloves. incredible quality, the inside keeps your hands from getting too sweaty, less cushion around the knuckles for a little extra pop, more padding around the wrist area for stability, the gloves do not wear even after countless time sparring, all around just an A-grade glove. the worst I've encountered are, as everyone says, the cheap Everlast sparring gloves.

The best Boxing Gloves are:
1. Bezuur - Although very hard to find but superb quality and fit.
2.Twins - Thai gloves good quality and durable.
3. Fairtex - Same as Twins but the fit is a little more snug on the fist, some people prefer it, some don't.
4. Grant - Nice fit, good for sparing.
5. Reyes - Never used them but everyone that has used them seems to give them the thumbs up.

Worst Boxing Gloves are:
1. Everlast or I should say Neverlast. I am not sure how this company is in business, they charge so much for so little.
2. Everlast - Junk
3. Everlast - They have special leather that is really made out of plastic.

Tied for 1st: Fuel Fight Gear 16oz and Cleto Reyes 16oz
2nd: Grant (not campeon)
I like Winning too, but only for bag work. There is a such thing as too soft.

ive had fairtex and twins i think there both pretty good but mayb fairtex has the edge by a lil

hmm looking to try cleto gloves next or top king maybe more of a western style glove lol

Tied for 1st: Fuel Fight Gear 16oz and Cleto Reyes 16oz
2nd: Grant (not campeon)
I like Winning too, but only for bag work. There is a such thing as too soft.

no offense but I googled the Fuel fight gear to see if I would want to review them and saw the gloves. They look cheaply made and in one of the pictures they almost look plastic.

no offense but I googled the Fuel fight gear to see if I would want to review them and saw the gloves. They look cheaply made and in one of the pictures they almost look plastic.

Surely you aren't suggesting something unsavory when a new member with 1 post claims a five-month old company makes the best boxing gloves of all time.

Surely you aren't suggesting something unsavory when a new member with 1 post claims a five-month old company makes the best boxing gloves of all time.

Cut him some slack. He did say they're tied for first. :icon_lol:

worst bang for the buck- thai gloves. yes thai gloves... you're paying +$60 for $30 dollar gloves. makes no sense. i guess some people like having dragons and shit on their gloves... to each their own. only time i see thai gloves are worth buying is if you're in thailand... cause its good quality at $30 bucks.... not +$60

You might be right but $30 is chump change. If I was paying $200 for $100 gloves that might be a different story, but seriously... a $30 difference? BFD.

Best Gloves= Winning hands down, no contest.

Worst Gloves= Century TKO Everlast

Back