Best and Worst Brands of boxing gloves

Valour strike Pro Power leather training gloves. Utter and complete junk. The leather and the foam underneath have not even be introduced! I would describe the cheap feeling leather as ‘baggy’ and wrinkled even when you make a fist. I have never used a glove on a heavy bag which was almost silent until I used these because the foam was like mush. The thumb was the most uncomfortable I have ever tried and the Valour Strike label stitched onto the wrist strap was hard plastic and so sharp that if you used it for sparring would most likely slash your sparring partner. Sent them back immediately.

I would describe the cheap feeling leather as ‘baggy’ and wrinkled even when you make a fist. I have never used a glove on a heavy bag which was almost silent until I used these because the foam was like mush.

I had the exact same feeling with the Pakistani-made standard No Boxing No Life bag gloves.
gunte_para_entrenamiento__88034.1547661790.jpg

Valour strike Pro Power leather training gloves. Utter and complete junk. The leather and the foam underneath have not even be introduced! I would describe the cheap feeling leather as ‘baggy’ and wrinkled even when you make a fist. I have never used a glove on a heavy bag which was almost silent until I used these because the foam was like mush. The thumb was the most uncomfortable I have ever tried and the Valour Strike label stitched onto the wrist strap was hard plastic and so sharp that if you used it for sparring would most likely slash your sparring partner. Sent them back immediately.

I had a pair of their "Pro Vintage Golden Eagles" ones that are £80 now, leather was nice but the stitching came apart very quickly. I asked for a replacement and they let me keep the first pair, sent a second pair, but the second pair had one glove an oz heavier than the other, and a blob of misshapen padding on one of the fists. Also both gloves had issues with rips in the lining and it not being connected to the foam properly. That said, I gave both gloves to our gym and the people there love the gloves. I hated the thumbs in both gloves though so they weren't usable for me.

edit:
should add that one pair given to the gym fell apart very quickly, the cheap standard Green Hill stuff lasts longer

Last edited:
When I was young in middle school I had a set of cheap everlast bag gloves, the old mitten style that maybe had 1/2” of padding over the finger knuckles. That thing had stitching that ran from the inside to the outside surface of the glove. I still, 20 years later have scars in between my ring and pinky nuckle on both hands from those seams ripping me up every time. But I was young and stupid so I kept using them.

I have a pair of Twins and a pair of Ringside Tech gloves that I really like. My least favorite was Top Contender, but that could be because the pair I used was pretty smelly, old, and worn out by years of use.

I think I also used some Cleto Reyes gloves, which were ok.
Bro, if you really had cleto reyes, you would remember lol.

Bro, if you really had cleto reyes, you would remember lol.
If he had the first generation of Ringside Reyes, they were not that memorable. They didn't have that beautiful glossy finish, the smell wasn't as strong, thumb seem was super uncomfortable, latex padding was so soft it was easy to bottom them out.

Are Cletos really as good as people say? Are they better than TopBoxer?

Are Cletos really as good as people say? Are they better than TopBoxer?
I had the 16 oz Cleto Reyes training gloves. They were awesome for mitt and bag work, however, not so much for sparring. Also, I had the velcro and the wrist support was a bit lacking.

I had the 16 oz Cleto Reyes training gloves. They were awesome for mitt and bag work, however, not so much for sparring. Also, I had the velcro and the wrist support was a bit lacking.
You thought the velco wrist support on the Reyes was lacking really interested any Velcro wrist you think is better?

You thought the velco wrist support on the Reyes was lacking really interested any Velcro wrist you think is better?
That's a good question because I only have limited experience with different gloves (Cleto Reyes, Classics and Casanova). From those 3, Casanova had the best wrist support, but of course it was laces instead of velcro.

That's a good question because I only have limited experience with different gloves (Cleto Reyes, Classics and Casanova). From those 3, Casanova had the best wrist support, but of course it was laces instead of velcro.

I had an older Reyes velcro gloves 16oz with floppy wrist syndrome, and a newer (I think) one with pretty good wrist support, Reyes seem to vary a lot

I had an older Reyes velcro gloves 16oz with floppy wrist syndrome, and a newer (I think) one with pretty good wrist support, Reyes seem to vary a lot

There's an old impression saying that you only buy cars that were built on a Tuesday or something along lines. Meaning that the quality of the work that the employees put in would be better on the days where they are willing to put the effort in. I wonder if that holds true for many of the boxing gloves manufacture.

I have found the newer cleto have decent is wrist support on the Velcro also top boxer are good too but none of them compare to Velcro........oh and the winning Velcro are absolutely terrible!!!

There's an old impression saying that you only buy cars that were built on a Tuesday or something along lines. Meaning that the quality of the work that the employees put in would be better on the days where they are willing to put the effort in. I wonder if that holds true for many of the boxing gloves manufacture.
the actual design changes rather than it being quality control

Had a pair with an unknown name that i bought when i just started boxing from my coach. Even though they were 16oz they just got soft really quick, so i bought Rival Rs11v gloves and they have lasted for a long time, they stay firm and have much better wrist protection if you are hittiing the bag

Back