Best Action Movie of all time is?

Rambo's good, but I always wanted him to kill that "King Shit Cop." All he wanted was something to eat. Dennehy never paid since Troutman saved him.

I'd say Die Hard. Nakatomi Towers is as American as apple pie.

The thing about First blood is it literally defined the action hero genre up until the matrix. Singular bad ass killing machine. they're trying to reintro the formula now with the Taken, and Jason Bourne films. but when its all said and done it's personally hard for me to suspend reality soo much to the point where Liam Neeson is believable as the Ultimate Badass, however he was a solid Jedi.without him and Darth maul episode one would have been utter shite.

Now Matt Damon being 5'8 147lbs is alitt5le more believe able because most of the Green beret Officers that I met on active duty were not physically impressive. tbh Most of them looked very nerdy, and even exuded a "nerd" vibe. that, said I still wouldn't eff with one of them lol.

1. Terminator 2
2. Predator
3. Die Hard
4. Blood Sport
5. Aliens
6. First Blood
7. Commando
8. Enter the Dragon
9. Conan the Barbarian
10. Lethal Weapon

the fact that our list's have 6 of the same movies aside. your list pales in comparison to mine:mad:

1 Die Hard (mind blown at realism/flawed humanism)
2 The Killer (mind blown at balletic grace in violence at the time)
3 Die Harder (mind blown at home run follow up)
4 Hard Boiled (mind blown at home run follow up)
5 (Tie)Terminator 2/Speed (mind blown at impeccably flawless concept both wise)
6 First Blood (mind blown at realism/flawed humanism and not just cardboard cut out one liners aka Commando - which is a joke)
7 Predator (mind blown at concept)

To be fair, I really can't put a number on my picks. It pains me to rank them. It'd be like ranking my kids if I had any. I cherish them almost equally.

Every thing else can fight for scraps.

Last edited:
3 way tie: Die Hard, Terminator 2, and Hard Boiled.

T2.

- One of the best intros eva. Dat music.
- Subtletly showing kid John Connor having leader characteristics.
- Ahnuld getting fucked by the cops because he's ordered not to kill. Easier to be a bad guy than a hero.
- Great camera tricks not relying on CG. Some of the shots still boggle my mind.
- Weapons carry a lot of weight. Shotgun, mini gun, etc has its own personality.
- Poetic ending.
- Cameron left it open though because T800's arm was still in the factory. It got crushed as he was fighting T 1000.
-Watched it on NetFlix last week and it made me realize how shitty action movies are today.

A top 10 list is about impossible but off the top of my hung over head
1. Predator
2. A few dollars more
3. Road Warrior
4. First Blood
5. Dirty Harry
6. T2
7. Die Hard
8. Raiders of the lost arch
9. Tombstone
10. Matrix

Last edited:
the fact that our list's have 6 of the same movies aside. your list pales in comparison to mine:mad:

I never said all your picks were shit, just some and the fubar order. Star Wars and Avatar are scifi movies, Kill Bill is trash and the Bourne movies are not top 10 worthy. First Blood is definitely top 10 but it hasn't aged well enough for the top spot.

Predator for me and it's not even close

1. Terminator 2
2. Predator
3. Die Hard
4. Blood Sport
5. Aliens
6. First Blood
7. Commando
8. Enter the Dragon
9. Conan the Barbarian
10. Lethal Weapon

This list is way better than the one ts concocted.

I'd replace Commando with Mad Max though.

For my money it's First blood.

1.First Blood
2.The Avengers
3.Commando
4.The Bourne Supremacy.
5.Lethal Weapon
6.Avatar
7.Terminator 2
8.Aliens 2
9.Kill Bill. Vol 1
10.Die hard
11.The Empire strikes back
12.Other.

honorable mentions, Batman returns, Total Recall, Lethal Weapon 2, The Road Warrior, The Winter Soldier, Transformers 1

defend your pick.

I went with first blood because of the realism! it's not a doubt in my mind that A Green Beret whose job it was to "dispose of enemy personnel" could have done all that damage to a bunch of small town deputies. also John J could "eat things that would make a billy goat puke".

mods can I get a poll? happy new year sherbrethren

Your list is all over the place; some are more fantasy adventure than action, some are pretentious, gory artsy flicks. I do agree with first blood to be one of the very best and the fore runner for one man badassery against a cavalcade of "bad" guys in a war of attrition. It's probably my 6th fav.

A top 10 list is about impossible but off the top of my hung over head
1. Predator
2. A few dollars more
3. Road Warrior
4. First Blood
5. Dirty Harry
6. T2
7. Die Hard
8. Raiders of the lost arch
9. Tombstone
10. Matrix

Yup forgot Alien :redface:

This list is way better than the one ts concocted.

I'd replace Commando with Mad Max though.

How dare you flame my list?!? his list doesn't even have "empire strikes back". or Avatar wtf?!?!?. And by mad max I'm hoping you're referring to "The Road Warrior" best line from the Road warrior "YOU!!" "you can run" "but you cant hide" simple yet in Wez's voice made it seem like a promise he would keep. Vernon Wells Owned in Commando, and the Road Warrior.

Hope your trolling. It's one of the worst and unintentionally funny.

You must have been raised in either Moscow, or Havana. that's about the most seditious/treasonous four words I've ever read in relation to an American classic like Commando. You can not be serious.

How dare you flame my list?!? his list doesn't even have "empire strikes back". or Avatar wtf?!?!?. And by mad max I'm hoping you're referring to "The Road Warrior" best line from the Road warrior "YOU!!" "you can run" "but you cant hide" simple yet in Wez's voice made it seem like a promise he would keep. Vernon Wells Owned in Commando, and the Road Warrior.

Empire's a classic though.
Bourne Identity > Bourne Supremacy
The Avengers # 2. Not even # 22 if I were to make a list, it was a good movie though.

I actually did mean the Road Warrior though, good catch. Been a while since I've seen any of those flicks.

You must have been raised in either Moscow, or Havana. that's about the most seditious/treasonous four words I've ever read in relation to an American classic like Commando. You can not be serious.

As a kid I thought it was awesome. But when comparing it to First Blood (dear to my heart such as yourself) where Stallone portrayed a world wary, socially wary, embittered but straight arrow war vet fighting against a town's dirty politics via realism firefights and attrition was sublime.

I take it back Commando was fun because it was intended to be just that. It's the one liners that took the edge off for me and it's not necessary bad for others like yourself.

T2.

- One of the best intros eva. Dat music.
- Subtletly showing kid John Connor having leader characteristics.
- Ahnuld getting fucked by the cops because he's ordered not to kill. Easier to be a bad guy than a hero.
- Great camera tricks not relying on CG. Some of the shots still boggle my mind.
- Weapons carry a lot of weight. Shotgun, mini gun, etc has its own personality.
- Poetic ending.
- Cameron left it open though because T800's arm was still in the factory. It got crushed as he was fighting T 1000.
-Watched it on NetFlix last week and it made me realize how shitty action movies are today.

I salute T2 for giving us a perfect piece of art - and mayhem. The best sequel to an original period.

Terminator 2: guns and roses, cyborgs, badass kid who is gonna save humanity, badass sarah connor.

Terminator 2: guns and roses, cyborgs, badass kid who is gonna save humanity

Terminator 2: cyborgs, badass kid who is gonna save humanity

Terminator 2: badass kid who is gonna save humanity

Terminator 2: badass kid

badass kid

lol wtf

Worst part of the movie.

True Lies never gets mentioned enough when it comes to great action movies.

Back