Best Acting In "Django Unchained"

I think Foxx was/is the better fit for the role.

He could've kept it more serious ala Ali if needed I believe. He's a talented enough actor to control his character's demeanor through different scenarios. There were plenty of comedic scenes in the movie interlaced within the action where I could see Smith showcase his timing. I can't see Smith letting that Mandingo get fed to the dogs though. That was cold blooded.
I don't think Smith is confident enough as an actor because he acts conspicuously. His manner of acting is doing something, taking on some sort of affect. I would guess he needs to do this in order to interface his character while filming. I would have thought his time with Michael Mann would open up his facility to just be open and available, but Will Smith is an actor who needs to work something to coax out his character. A facial tic. A vocal hitch. A move. He wants to tell story rather than be story.

Sergio Leone's brand of filmmaking made landscapes of people's faces. Stony. Angular. Hardened. Smith needs to be dynamic.

Got to say Leo. He was excellent. Especially during the dinner table scene

i really liked the movie but the last 30 min was useless

Waltz was fantastic. Leaps and bounds above the rest imo.

idk why TS bothered to put Jamie Foxx on the list

I voted Waltz but I'm not really sure who was the better of Leo and him.

Leo was just so incredible in that dinner table scene. Crazy good.

Waltz & Leo were both perfect imo. Foxx was also extremely good & I think SL Jackson was bit over the top...

leo actually cutting his hand and continued to act incorporating his injury...amazing! kerry washington's reaction was real when he smeared blood all over her face

Best Actor Leo.
Most entertaining Sam L.
Most overrated Waltz. His character annoyed me by the end.

Everybody was great but it's hard for anyone to compete with Waltz outside A. Hopkins... even Leo who is a great actor.

Gave it to Waltz because I'm getting tired of people raving about DiCaprio cutting himself for real. Could have just as easily went with him though, both of them did great overall and carried that movie imo.

Voted for Waltz

I'm sorry I just couldn't resist

Back