Best 170 pounder ever?

At least Shields managed to beat Dan Henderson, which is something Fedor couldn't do.
<BC1>

Sure. That follows 2 golden rules of MMA:

1-Styles makes fights.
2-Timing is crucial in fighting.

Thanks bud.

I actually like Fedor though, but i guess sometimes trolls deserved to get trolled back.
(I do think though, that Shields is underrated by many.)

I'm immune to trolling tbh. There's nothing that you or anyone here could say that could bother me. I'm an expert in this field.

Actually, bringing Fedor only tells me I'm triggering you, lol.

GSP got dropped and TKO'd by Serra didn't he? That's clearly a flaw, and a flaw that Usman hasn't shown so far, let alone against can.

He also got head kicked and dropped by Condit. Another flaw which Usman hasn't shown.

And let's not bring his fight vs. Hendricks.

How is getting dropped more proof that you're less flawed? How does that work?

Lol.
Usman has two (maybe three) elite/very good wins so far, with one of them (the Colby fight) being competitive as hell for a long time.

St-Pierre has wins over:
Bisping (Sub)
Shields
Hughes x2 (1x Sub, 1x TKO)
Fitch
Penn x2 (1x Dec, 1x TKO)
Nick Diaz
Carlos Condit

On top of that:
  • most significant strikes landed in welterweight history
  • 6th highest sign. strike accuracy in welterweight history
  • highest sign. strike differential in welterweight history (Usman has the 3rd highest btw!)
  • highest sign. strike defense percentage (73%) in welterweight history (Usman has 53%)
  • 4th least sign. strikes absorbed/minute in welterweight history (1.43), (Usman is at 2.23)
  • most takedowns landed in welterweight history
  • highest takedown accuracy in welterweight history (73.7%, Usman is at 47%)*
*Accuracy itself doesn't necessarily mean too much if you don't count the amount of TD attempts, but Usman lands 3.38 TDs/15 mins, whereas St-Pierre lands 4.16 TDs/15 mins.

St-Pierre, alongside Frankie Edgar and Khabib, is also one of three fighters in UFC history to land at least 60 takedowns, have at least 90 minutes of control time and land at least 300 sign. ground strikes.

I'm immune to trolling tbh. There's nothing that you or anyone here could say that could bother me. I'm an expert in this field.

Actually, bringing Fedor only tells me I'm triggering you, lol.
That's what you say, but who knows if it's true - one can be trolled without giving in to the urge of showing it.
<TheDonald>
I could by the way also say that the fact you're trying to discredit GSP shows that you're triggered by a fighter being placed higher on the G.O.A.T.-poll than Fedor, who - to my knowledge - is one of your favorite fighters.
...or it could be straight up trolling, who knows.

Either way, Usman has got to do a lot before he surpasses GSP.
<Fedor23>

Shields is criminally underrated. People give GSP shit for the Shields fight but Shields has some huge wins and was on an insane streak spanning 170 and 185 heading into the GSP fight. He held a win over Anderson Silva's biggest win.
I agree, yup.
Sure. That follows 2 golden rules of MMA:

1-Styles makes fights.
2-Timing is crucial in fighting.
That's true, but the loss still puzzles me a bit.

I do consider Fedor to be one of the GOATs though.

Usman is the best, GSP is the greatest
Tell me, what is the difference between being the best and being the greatest? Don't add words to them... Best and Greatest. Who is better than the best? The Greatest? Who is better than the greatest? The best?

GSP is the best WW ever
GSP is the greatest WW ever

Usman is what GSP was if you remove certain pieces of Georges' skillset.

Usman has two (maybe three) elite/very good wins so far, with one of them (the Colby fight) being competitive as hell for a long time.

St-Pierre has wins over:
Bisping (Sub)
Shields
Hughes x2 (1x Sub, 1x TKO)
Fitch
Penn x2 (1x Dec, 1x TKO)
Nick Diaz
Carlos Condit

On top of that:
  • most significant strikes landed in welterweight history
  • 6th highest sign. strike accuracy in welterweight history
  • highest sign. strike differential in welterweight history (Usman has the 3rd highest btw!)
  • highest sign. strike defense percentage (73%) in welterweight history (Usman has 53%)
  • 4th least sign. strikes absorbed/minute in welterweight history (1.43), (Usman is at 2.23)
  • most takedowns landed in welterweight history
  • highest takedown accuracy in welterweight history (73.7%, Usman is at 47%)*
*Accuracy itself doesn't necessarily mean too much if you don't count the amount of TD attempts, but Usman lands 3.38 TDs/15 mins, whereas St-Pierre lands 4.16 TDs/15 mins.

St-Pierre, alongside Frankie Edgar and Khabib, is also one of three fighters in UFC history to land at least 60 takedowns, have at least 90 minutes of control time and land at least 300 sign. ground strikes.

Why are you comparing resumes? Thread is asking who's the best WW ever, not the GOAT. You don't need more top wins or title defenses to be the best ever. You only need to be the best... ever.

I think Colby would destroy anyone on that list. Let alone Usman.

Who cares about takedowns? If anything, shooting desperately for takedowns shows you're not that confident in your stand-up or that you want to play it safe, which GSP often did.

It would have been far more impressive if GSP waited more than 13 seconds to shoot for a takedown vs. Hendricks, or if he waited more than 3 seconds to shoot for a takedown vs. Fitch. But nope, he played it safe, because GSP was a safe fighter.

Cheers.

Tell me, what is the difference between being the best and being the greatest? Don't add words to them... Best and Greatest. Who is better than the best? The Greatest? Who is better than the greatest? The best?

GSP is the best WW ever
GSP is the greatest WW ever
Gsp is the greatest because he's the most accomplished.

Usman is the best because he's the best and most skilled.

Master of Riddum

Gsp is the greatest because he's the most accomplished.

Usman is the best because he's the best and most skilled.
Well that last sentence is not true at all. He's a lesser well-rounded fighter than Georges and it's pretty evident. His striking is robotic, slow and not very good... Just looked good cause Colby also has shit striking.

He only has better wall and stall.. nothing else. Georges had better striking, better transitions to takedowns, probably better TDD but we don't know because Usman has only fought 1 wrestler who actually wrestles and he shot for 0 takedowns, most likely better BJJ... GSP actually had to defend takedowns from numerous wrestlers and outwrestled or was on par with every single one.

Back