Besides using the grill, what is your technique for cooking a burger?

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
I found the best way is to line a broiler pan with tin foil, and put a grate on the top like this.

Oven-Baked-Salty-Onion-Burgers-6.jpg

I put it on the middle rack and cook at 400 flipping them once half way through.

I keep it pretty simple though. I think just generously seasoning them with salt and pepper is all you need. I also like to make the patties as thin as possible at about 1/4lb a piece. So they turn out like this.

upload_2020-2-6_18-23-57.png

I like a thick juicy burger, but they never seem to turn out right at home for me. Plus making them thin you can always double them up. The flavor always seems to turn out better that way.

I have one of these cast iron pans that I just use the flat side on my gas stove and do the 'smash-burger' thing to get the hard sear.

a09eff8cd301f95c6dbea6bc3da143b6.png

Much like this:

Cast iron pan. Thin patties but I double them up. Sometimes animal style. Half pork half beef mix. Party.

In the winter I use a nicer Foreman grill. Although I've been eyeing one of those smokeless infared indoor grills. Anyone have one?

I just use a pan and flip them after a minute or so.

I cover it and put like 1/2 an inch of water in the bottom so it doesn't burn.

<{ByeHomer}>

Cast iron pan, smash it with a bunch of super thin onions so they get smushed into the patty

I just use my cast iron grill pan. I find the higher fat content of the ground meat, the better the taste. By higher I mean at least 80/20 or higher fat content. A good bun and the right proportion to the meat diameter also makes the burger much more enjoyable. I've made some that legit burgers that taste as good as some burger joints, although the time and money I spent I rather just stop by In and Out.

Back